Adams Pro DHy Hybrid Review Thread

Should be able to get some info up after tomorrow of Sunday. I'd probably stop at the 5i replacement too, but in reality I felt with the previous version that it wasn't really any easier to hit than a comparable GI iron.

I think this reality had always been in the back of my mind when my ponder comes around. I want it to work for me but it's likely geared towards a different player and I should be focusing on a traditional hybrid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Never expected it, but this club turned out to be one I hit best out of the three Adams hybrids. It's become almost stupid at this point (yes, I am aware of that lol), but the shaft works for me. For a 3h I was getting decent trajectory off the turf. Enough so that I never bothered hitting it off the tee. I like it better than the old one. I've said it before, but as 5 iron replacement this could be pretty fun. I hit this as far as the others and had less instances of the left miss. Sound at impact is similar to the old (basically the same), but it feels different in the swing. I've always sort of been not a big shaft feel guy, but the White Tie stands out to me as pretty dead feeling. TB is sort of the opposite.

Nothing spectacular for distance or forgiveness. It is what it is. Miss often enough and you'll probably wish you had a more traditional hybrid.

Really pondering the 24 degree model as a 4 iron replacement

Have you hit the 4i in the AP1 Hawk?

Just wondering how you would compare it to a long iron as a replacement (besides the slight difference, this being 21*)?

Hawk -

I'm looking to get a few extra yards out of my 4 iron spot to close the gap between my X2Hot Pro 20 degree and 4 iron.

Do you think the 24 degree Pro dhy head would do the trick? I'd play it around 39.25

Have you hit the 4i in the AP1 Hawk?

Just wondering how you would compare it to a long iron as a replacement (besides the slight difference, this being 21*)?

I haven't hit it in a while. This is easier swinging than a long iron just because of the shaft in my opinion. I think forgiveness would be pretty similar.

Joe, I can't quote you for some reason. Yea, it probably would close the gap for you. Maybe a little higher launch and definitely more forgiving than your 4i.

I haven't hit it in a while. This is easier swinging than a long iron just because of the shaft in my opinion. I think forgiveness would be pretty similar.

Thanks Hawk. Want to try and find a 24 and 27 to hit. Everywhere I've seen them they only ever had 21 and 18 in stock, which is odd IMO. Guess they don't think people would look at them at iron replacements.

Thanks Hawk. Want to try and find a 24 and 27 to hit. Everywhere I've seen them they only ever had 21 and 18 in stock, which is odd IMO. Guess they don't think people would look at them at iron replacements.

I think it's based on the players that they are selling to. Most will be looking for one hybrid below a 4 iron imo.

I think it's based on the players that they are selling to. Most will be looking for one hybrid below a 4 iron imo.

This is true. Just annoying haha.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just grabbed a 24* head via Best Offer on the bay.

Going to put it in the d+ whiteboard 92 shaft I also ordered. It's the same shaft I have in my X2Hot Pro Hybrid

Just grabbed a 24* head via Best Offer on the bay.

Going to put it in the d+ whiteboard 92 shaft I also ordered. It's the same shaft I have in my X2Hot Pro Hybrid

Look forward to your thoughts on the 24 jlukes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Never expected it, but this club turned out to be one I hit best out of the three Adams hybrids. It's become almost stupid at this point (yes, I am aware of that lol), but the shaft works for me. For a 3h I was getting decent trajectory off the turf. Enough so that I never bothered hitting it off the tee. I like it better than the old one. I've said it before, but as 5 iron replacement this could be pretty fun. I hit this as far as the others and had less instances of the left miss. Sound at impact is similar to the old (basically the same), but it feels different in the swing. I've always sort of been not a big shaft feel guy, but the White Tie stands out to me as pretty dead feeling. TB is sort of the opposite.

Nothing spectacular for distance or forgiveness. It is what it is. Miss often enough and you'll probably wish you had a more traditional hybrid.

Do you think the shaft has made all the difference for you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm sure it's not hurting things. I'd like to think the swing is better too lol.

So my head is being delivered today and my shaft tomorrow.

My question is do I need to buy a ferrule from somewhere or will any golf shop have them?

I usually buy mine at a local component shop. Haven't seen them at big box stores, but haven't asked either.

So I guess I would need to acquire the ferrule before bringing it to a shop to get shafted.

So I guess I would need to acquire the ferrule before bringing it to a shop to get shafted.

Ooooh I follow you now. God, I hope not lol. They should have that stuff if they are building clubs.

So the shaft I am getting is 39.5 inches. The 24* DHy normally plays to 38.75". The Apex Pro 4 iron I will be replacing plays to 38.5.

Because I want to get a little more distance than my current 4 iron I am think of having the shaft cut down to 39". Does that make sense? Or should I keep it at 39.5?

You're overthinking it imo. Choke down if you need to.

Cannot wait to get a shaft in this bad boy tomorrow

9ene5u2a.jpg

So the shaft I am getting is 39.5 inches. The 24* DHy normally plays to 38.75". The Apex Pro 4 iron I will be replacing plays to 38.5.

Because I want to get a little more distance than my current 4 iron I am think of having the shaft cut down to 39". Does that make sense? Or should I keep it at 39.5?

If the SHAFT measures 39.5, keep in mind that it will play a bit longer when installed, about 40" or so.

Back