TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Putter - Forum Review

So I had a lot of distance control issues today. The greens here were extremely slow and I kept leaving everything short. That led to 4 3 putts today, and rarely do I have more than one or two around at most. It also was the first round of the season, and I really see the difference between putting on a mat in my basement and actually getting out on some greens.

I'm loving this putter! This has to be a dream come true or something but don't wake me up. It may be a game changer for me at the King coming up soon!!!

I'm loving this putter! This has to be a dream come true or something but don't wake me up. It may be a game changer for me at the King coming up soon!!!

I sure like the sound of this!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I sure like the sound of this!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

After my lesson today and the confidence I am gaming with this putter, it's on like donkey kong bruther!

Well unfortunately I may be having a falling out with this putter. It's been dang near impossible to find the sweet spot of being able to stand upright (which I prefer) and to have my hands down far enough to choke up on the putter and get the CB going as it should.

Since I only have 13 clubs in the bag, the 43" Metal X is going back in for a while. I can use a bit of a split grip with it and not anchor and get the comfort I want. And then if the DLL and I don't find the sweet spot, I guess I'll be trying out the Marketplace for the first time.

I really like the roll when I choke up, I just don't like hunching over that much to get there.

Went out today and played a 4bbb round with some mates. Boy did they pay out on me when I pulled out the putter. First time since I had the DLL that I played with them. Had names thrown at me like Space Ship and Discus but we got underway without any punches thrown. Third hole in one friend who plays off 2 came over and asked me more about it. He could believe that my long puts finished so close to the hole and that I had it so well dialed in. He plays a Scotty and is bloody unreal to watch play. Really happy with how it rolled today on heavily sanded greens. One thing I have found I dont like is that sand is hard to get out of the grooves on course and after the round without damaing them. Took me a while to clean it all up but just wiping it out with a towel really does nothing.

Played another 9 and there was improvements. 3 3-putts but two were all my fault as I overrode my initial read while standing over the ball and had I stayed with it both would have gone in. Found a comfortable stance too more crouched than I wanted but not uncomfortable.

But I am having lots of issues lag putting with this. I am leaving long putts 5' or more short all the time. Lag putting has historically been one of the better parts of my putting game.

I like the way this putter swings. And I like how most of my putts go on the line that I choose. But I am really struggling with figuring out the distance control on slow greens.

Last edited:
Putting was my worst fear and any sort of consistency for the flat stick was just not happening. Oh long legs is making me forget about that fear and having less three putts is a blessing. I love the feel of this putter and it inspires confidence for me. My misses don't feel as bad which allows me to make a better first roll at the cup..

Putting was my worst fear and any sort of consistency for the flat stick was just not happening. Oh long legs is making me forget about that fear and having less three putts is a blessing. I love the feel of this putter and it inspires confidence for me. My misses don't feel as bad which allows me to make a better first roll at the cup..

You looked very comfortable with the DLL when we played your course last week. I think you've found a "go to" putter you can depend on for a good while.

You looked very comfortable with the DLL when we played your course last week. I think you've found a "go to" putter you can depend on for a good while.

Absolutely partner and I'm enjoying it for sure :thumb:

Played my local on the weekend after a week of rain. The greens were so so so slow. A lot of my putts were just short, within 2 feet, but getting it going on heavier greens took me a bit probably not until the 5th did I hole a 10+ foot putt in 1. I've found its more tempo than speed in getting my putts right. Really happy with how it went. Even the guys I was playing with were wowed by how I putted particularly on a lot of downhill nightmare putts. I had 8 of those and only 1 lipped out all the rest went in. Great great putter.

Trying out going back to my preferred open stance. Really seemed to help with distance control on the practice greens. If I can just get distances dialed in I think I will love this putter.

Trying out going back to my preferred open stance. Really seemed to help with distance control on the practice greens. If I can just get distances dialed in I think I will love this putter.

I'm still loving mine and I hope this relationship lasts a long long time! :in-love:

Took this out on the course with strong results. I shortened my backswing considerably and that has really helped with the distance control issues. Had 16 putts today, including dropping a critical par save from about 12 feet out with some break. I'm not sure I am ever going to be a "great" putter but I think I am on a path to having it be - if not a strength - at least not a weakness.

I really think whats helped me is massively opening my stance. Feeling very set, very well weighted has me swinging consistently. Made two birdies using the bad boy over the weekend. One from 18ft and nearly dropped one from 30ft just lipped out. I really feel like I can trust the putter to do what I want it to do and even if its not going in, its going to be close. Really happy with my purchase now and its set for at least the next few years (glad its worked out cause my wife would have kicked my ass if it didnt...)

I really think whats helped me is massively opening my stance. Feeling very set, very well weighted has me swinging consistently. Made two birdies using the bad boy over the weekend. One from 18ft and nearly dropped one from 30ft just lipped out. I really feel like I can trust the putter to do what I want it to do and even if its not going in, its going to be close. Really happy with my purchase now and its set for at least the next few years (glad its worked out cause my wife would have kicked my ass if it didnt...)

Good job as you definitely don't need an arse whupping from momma :nono:

Went from the 2 ball to the rossa Monza to the DDL. Each better than the previous. The DDL has given me straight stable puts and excellent feel and distance control.

After a bad day of distance control with my Spider Blade took the DLL back out to the green to practice today i feel more confident with it so it is back in the bag

Played last week with friends. First was a par 3, just on and pulled out the DLL none in the group had seen it before. Didnt I cop it; 'holy cow what a spaceship' etc. First put, sank from 22m. Shut them up. All day puts finished from long within a meter or closer and short ones just dropped. Played this week with one guy from the group who is off 3 and he asked if he could try it out as we went round. I said no problem course you can. By the end of the round he loved it and was genuinely surprised as someone who has only ever used Scotty and Titleist gear. Found out today he's trying to track down a DLL in 35 for himself. Funny how it can change minds if you just give something a try.

Still enjoying this myself. Played Saturday and finished 5th overall, 2nd in C grade. I was putting really well, by the 10th we had a heavy 15 minute shower that resulted in some really heavy and puddled greens. Twice after that I dropped the hole after being on for 2 with two 4 putts. Once we got past the 15th and it was sunny again and we were on the high dry greens it was fine again but it was very hard to adjust mid round to that weather. Wore it though. Really happy.

are all of these putters CBalanced?

Mine has gone pearl white not to say clear yellow. the grip letters are grayed out and the paint has gone bad. I love the putter though, it looks very very old haha... war scars!... will post a picture.

nerasaqe.jpg
3asatu2a.jpg
qame8amy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like they are going to release a Blacked out version of the putter which might help with wear

nerasaqe.jpg
3asatu2a.jpg
qame8amy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is why i always keep mine covered that paint chips easy the grip on mine looks ok but i bought an extra just incase

Back