Cleveland 588 Custom Driver Review

When I went to closed 1.5 I had some trouble at the range. Im happy at .75 closed with that little bit of additional loft. I'm teeing up in 2 hours hopefully my success with the driver continues.

Good luck man, keep us updated

Really had a good round driving the ball today. I have no regrets. I was starting to draw the ball at the end of the day which is no good for me since I aim a little left.

Had 2 of the best drives of my life today; on a par 5 500 (down hill) I had 210 in on my next shot and on a par 4 360 had a 100 yard 2nd shot. Nothing beats driver gap wedge on a par 4.

The one issue I have is that when I tee it low my swing changes and I catch the ground first; it happened again today but the ball still went 180 dead straight.

My playing partner today is who I sold my amp cell to and he has a slightly faster swing than I do and I was consistently 20 yards longer which means... absolutely nothing but it helps me sleep at night.

Good luck
man, keep us updated

Wow my driver was nasty bad today. Put the 3 gram back in it and back square and was slicing it nasty. Didn't help with all the trees either. Turned it to -1.50 and was still shanking them. Going to have to hit the range and get this fix. Seemed after the demo day yesterday I can't hit worth nothing.

I just got back from the range. I am loving this driver. I moved it back to square from upright square after I added the 11g weight. All I can say is WOW!!!!. I was hitting it long and straight. I am playing in a charity scramble tomorrow and and very excited to get it out to the course. The ball flight is a medium high and very straight. I can move the ball if I need to and the stock shaft seems to me a good match for my swing (105-110). as long as I keep in good tempo the results are great. Tomorrow will be a good test...

Really had a good round driving the ball today. I have no regrets. I was starting to draw the ball at the end of the day which is no good for me since I aim a little left.

Had 2 of the best drives of my life today; on a par 5 500 (down hill) I had 210 in on my next shot and on a par 4 360 had a 100 yard 2nd shot. Nothing beats driver gap wedge on a par 4.

The one issue I have is that when I tee it low my swing changes and I catch the ground first; it happened again today but the ball still went 180 dead straight.

My playing partner today is who I sold my amp cell to and he has a slightly faster swing than I do and I was consistently 20 yards longer which means... absolutely nothing but it helps me sleep at night.

Nice thoughts man. The great equalizer against the playing partner haha

Wow my driver was nasty bad today. Put the 3 gram back in it and back square and was slicing it nasty. Didn't help with all the trees either. Turned it to -1.50 and was still shanking them. Going to have to hit the range and get this fix. Seemed after the demo day yesterday I can't hit worth nothing.

Everyone has bad days dude. Get back after it. You'll be fine.

Oh I will, and I know that. Say I plan on hitting the range after work today, and I was talking to Bhilln and he said I'll probably make a small change and I'll be back to hitting bombs down the fairway.

I just got back from the range. I am loving this driver. I moved it back to square from upright square after I added the 11g weight. All I can say is WOW!!!!. I was hitting it long and straight. I am playing in a charity scramble tomorrow and and very excited to get it out to the course. The ball flight is a medium high and very straight. I can move the ball if I need to and the stock shaft seems to me a good match for my swing (105-110). as long as I keep in good tempo the results are great. Tomorrow will be a good test...

Nice thoughts dude. I think your comment about the tempo with the stock is a great one. Totally true. If you are smooth, it's solid. I unfortunately am not haha.

Say I know this its a deadly driver. Just need to clean it up on the range and I'll be back out on the fairway with you WCBM!!! What do you have this guy set at now?

Say I know this its a deadly driver. Just need to clean it up on the range and I'll be back out on the fairway with you WCBM!!! What do you have this guy set at now?

I don't have it. Demoed each time I get to the store haha. They might make me buy it soon haha

Make sure you are 100% positive before buying anything you will save alot of money that way.

I hurt my toe playing basketball (I'm getting old) probably won't hit again till the weekend at the earliest.

I don't have it. Demoed each time I get to the store haha. They might make me buy it soon haha

Make sure you are 100% positive before buying anything you will save alot of money that way.

I hurt my toe playing basketball (I'm getting old) probably won't hit again till the weekend at the earliest.

Wicked Cool is a Cleveland staffer in the 2014 Morgan Cup. Each person from THP receives a 14 club staff deal to compete in the Ultimate Golf Event Period. They receive their clubs at the event. Here are the details.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=21423

Anyone on the border of each loft? I have a 102mph swing speed, and the 9 was giving me about 12-13 degrees of launch with 2000-2300 rpm of spin, and the 10.5 was giving me about 14 launch with 2500-2900 rpm of spin. Both averaged the same distance within a yard of each other. No clue what loft to go with... basically a coin flip.

Anyone on the border of each loft? I have a 102mph swing speed, and the 9 was giving me about 12-13 degrees of launch with 2000-2300 rpm of spin, and the 10.5 was giving me about 14 launch with 2500-2900 rpm of spin. Both averaged the same distance within a yard of each other. No clue what loft to go with... basically a coin flip.

Adjusting the loft on this driver seems to have a pretty big effect on face angle so I think your choice might depend upon what ball flight you typically fight. If you typically battle a hook go with the 10.5* so that if you do have to loft down to achieve your desired launch angle you will be opening the face and straightening your hook. If you slice go with the 9*.

Adjusting the loft on this driver seems to have a pretty big effect on face angle so I think your choice might depend upon what ball flight you typically fight. If you typically battle a hook go with the 10.5* so that if you do have to loft down to achieve your desired launch angle you will be opening the face and straightening your hook. If you slice go with the 9*.

I am going to play it square. It all depends on the flight I want to see I suppose. The 10.5 reached a higher apex, whereas the 9 was a pretty flat boring flight all the way down.

Ah so hes pregaming to get to know the equipment before getting to the Cup.

Wicked Cool is a Cleveland staffer in the 2014 Morgan Cup. Each person from THP receives a 14 club staff deal to compete in the Ultimate Golf Event Period. They receive their clubs at the event. Here are the details.

JB I couldn't hold out till #THPMC for this Awesome Driver so I had to jump in and get it. Gotta say I have seen alot better results with it than my previous Cobra Amp Cell. Mostly because of the lower spin I get off it.

I had a very good day off the tee and the driver was very deadly...until the last few holes. I was getting tired and had a couple of push slices. I also was going last and trying to better some pretty good drives. The misses were 5 to 10 yards off the fairway with only one big banana ball on a very bad swing that finished in an adjacent fairway. All were very playable and long. I was also about a yard short of the long drive marker at 270 into the one club onshore breeze. As a side note I also was also able to hit a low screamer off the deck 260 yards to just short of the green on a par5. We finished up at 13 under and took second place as a team.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Was back at it last night and the Driver has improved compared to Sunday. Had some nice fairway shots out to 225 and 235 and that felt awesome. Even had some toe shots and they were going straight and making it out to 210. Talked with a guy last night at the course after he watched me hit some drives. He said the same thing Zenger said Sunday that my hands are getting infront of my body on my swing. Thankfully my lesson is on Wednesday and will work with him on that and some short game work. So happy to see this beast has came back alive.

Ah so hes pregaming to get to know the equipment before getting to the Cup.

That's right my man haha. Some people can wait and some people can't haha

JB I couldn't hold out till #THPMC for this Awesome Driver so I had to jump in and get it. Gotta say I have seen alot better results with it than my previous Cobra Amp Cell. Mostly because of the lower spin I get off it.

Which is my current gamer. Really interested in the comparison.

Was back at it last night and the Driver has improved compared to Sunday. Had some nice fairway shots out to 225 and 235 and that felt awesome. Even had some toe shots and they were going straight and making it out to 210. Talked with a guy last night at the course after he watched me hit some drives. He said the same thing Zenger said Sunday that my hands are getting infront of my body on my swing. Thankfully my lesson is on Wednesday and will work with him on that and some short game work. So happy to see this beast has came back alive.

Good luck bud. I'm sure you'll figure it out

Which is my current gamer. Really interested in the comparison.

Well my 588 custom driver compared to the Amp Cell I think is much better. That is because when I have a bad shot with the Amp Cell right it is just super slice. Where as the Cleveland might just be 20 -30 yards off line. Also feel if I have a toe hit on the amp cell it doesn't go as far as the Cleveland.

Well my 588 custom driver compared to the Amp Cell I think is much better. That is because when I have a bad shot with the Amp Cell right it is just super slice. Where as the Cleveland might just be 20 -30 yards off line. Also feel if I have a toe hit on the amp cell it doesn't go as far as the Cleveland.

Could this be shaft related? Just wondering as I haven't had this at all. But I paired a low spin shaft and my dispersion is MONEY

Probably 70% shaft 30% operator error. I have the Stiff shaft in the Amp Cell and just have it cut down 1.25 inch. My 588 Custom Driver is 1.00 inch shorter Regular flex Stock shaft. Say I would love to try a different shaft in it something that can get me some higher ball flight and keep the low spin with it.
Could this be shaft related? Just wondering as I haven't had this at all. But I paired a low spin shaft and my dispersion is MONEY

Back