Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my memory is correct - I believe the original idea was to have 4 dates in 4 different parts of New York - Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and the Syracuse/Binghamton area. So I don't think starting out Central is bad thing. But Alan - are you asking/suggesting we start in Buffalo in light of the litter of puppies being due in May?

I don't have a problem with that at all, just want to make sure we can plan to get as many people to each get together as possible.

If my memory is correct - I believe the original idea was to have 4 dates in 4 different parts of New York - Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and the Syracuse/Binghamton area. So I don't think starting out Central is bad thing. But Alan - are you asking/suggesting we start in Buffalo in light of the litter of puppies being due in May?

I don't have a problem with that at all, just want to make sure we can plan to get as many people to each get together as possible.

No No!.....Aaron,this isn't about me. What I mean is that whatever everyone opts for,I just might be restricted timewise.
We can start wherever and I'll deal with it best I can.You know I'm a simpleton!

I think it's only fair we make the drive out to Albany too for Pete and Dean tho. They made the hike up to Rochester. (I know you and Andy came in from Buffalo) but Pete has made the trip to Batavia a few times just for some sim golf, so I think we definitely need to return the favor and play in their back yard too.

Jim,I couldn't agree more.Like I told Aaron,it doesn't matter to me.I just might have time constraints and I'll deal with it.

I think it's really great we're all getting on the same page for everything. It will make everything much easier and less road bumps in the long run.

Jim,I couldn't agree more.Like I told Aaron,it doesn't matter to me.I just might have time constraints and I'll deal with it.

Alan - how long till the pups are going to be old enough for an overnight? Would it be better to an an overnight end of April prior to their big arrival?

Alan - how long till the pups are going to be old enough for an overnight? Would it be better to an an overnight end of April prior to their big arrival?
Dean,they need to be 5-6weeks old(weaned). Don't worry about me just yet. We're not even sure she's having a litter yet.It'll be a few more weeks before we actually know.Worse comes to worse,I miss an outing or come for the day. I start NYSGA at Bellevue CC on May 5th. Then Irondequoit and Ravenwood so my next month is day trips anyway. I'll just do whatever.Go ahead and work on plans.I'll somehow fit it in!

I have 3 dates that I am booked for my league tournaments, June 7th - July 26th - September 13th. Other than those dates and any thing that randomly pops up I should be free.

Uggh... gas up the car.. I bought a Tundra Crewmax with iForce 5.7L V8 last August.. gas up means less golf money now..!

I feel your pain, maybe not 5.7L V8 pain :) I gave away some gas money when I picked up a 4Runner last year.
I was glad I had it during the winter but will be hating the gas mileage during the nice weather.

Was at the Paddock dome same day as you last week, busy place.

I feel your pain, maybe not 5.7L V8 pain :) I gave away some gas money when I picked up a 4Runner last year.
I was glad I had it during the winter but will be hating the gas mileage during the nice weather.

Was at the Paddock dome same day as you last week, busy place.
You and I both. Love my Explorer in the winter, but oof...that 18 mpg thing is killing me.

You and I both. Love my Explorer in the winter, but oof...that 18 mpg thing is killing me.

Surprisingly my new car, Maxima, handled the winter conditions really well. Plus it's 290 HP and with avg 23 mpg in the winter, can't complain.

Surprisingly my new car, Maxima, handled the winter conditions really well. Plus it's 290 HP and with avg 23 mpg in the winter, can't complain.

I would love to have a 4X4 for bad weather/off-roading and a gas-saver for commuting and nice weather.
Wife won't go for the 3rd car idea at all.

I would love to have a 4X4 for bad weather/off-roading and a gas-saver for commuting and nice weather.
Wife won't go for the 3rd car idea at all.
It's something I've seriously considered. Specifically a pickup truck; and then the cheapest 40 mpg reliable car I can find. If I went cheap enough (Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Accent) my mileage reimbursement through work would pay for it.

It's something I've seriously considered. Specifically a pickup truck; and then the cheapest 40 mpg reliable car I can find. If I went cheap enough (Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Accent) my mileage reimbursement through work would pay for it.

True, and for me, a small car like that, what you save in gas mileage would cover most of the monthly payment.
I figure I spend between $300-$400 a month on gas. Cut that in half?

oddly enough, I prefer a little car in the snow, more agile, more fun, plus 35 mpg wins :)

oddly enough, I prefer a little car in the snow, more agile, more fun, plus 35 mpg wins :)

Bigger issue for you is that a gallon of gas costs $5+ ($1.33L) I think :)

As long as I am in New York, it will be a Subaru for me. Decent gas mileage, AWD and evident by my car now - they are drivable into the ground. :)

Not sure I could go away from Subaru at this point.

As long as I am in New York, it will be a Subaru for me. Decent gas mileage, AWD and evident by my car now - they are drivable into the ground. :)

Not sure I could go away from Subaru at this point.
I'm really eying that 2015 WRX. And by that, I mean I will probably buy one on September 1, 2015 (the day my warranty expires on my Explorer).

I'm going to have to get something for the ugly months,Smart car is no go in the white stuff.Heard that Toyota 4x4's are hard to kill.

I'm really eying that 2015 WRX. And by that, I mean I will probably buy one on September 1, 2015 (the day my warranty expires on my Explorer).

Those are nice!! I have my intentions on getting a Forrester as long as I remain in the Northeast.

Definitely will not go away from awd anytime soon. From living in Vermont and NY now it's been fantastic for me. I bought a 2012 Mitsubishi Ralliart and absolutely love it.

Bigger issue for you is that a gallon of gas costs $5+ ($1.33L) I think :)

1.46 yesterday, its brutal, but having a amall economic car and working from homw 2 days a week helps

No No!.....Aaron,this isn't about me. What I mean is that whatever everyone opts for,I just might be restricted timewise.
We can start wherever and I'll deal with it best I can.You know I'm a simpleton!

I wasn't implying that this was about you at all . I know we are discussing the dates to get together, so I just want to make sure we are on the same page and all can attend as much as Gall Bladders allow.

We will figure out the dates and locations as it works best for everyone!

Those are nice!! I have my intentions on getting a Forrester as long as I remain in the Northeast.

I am looking at getting one of the XV Crosstrek's right now. Have a GMC Acadia and with all the travel I do for work I just need more mpg's. 33/25 from the Crosstrek. Also plenty of room for clubs, car seats, and work stuff.

Guys lets remember that these regional threads should be about the area and golf. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back