Biggest gimmick you've ever bought into

Love the posts here.

This was the first gimmick that I bought into.

brush%20tee.JPG

This turned out to be a quality driver, but it was a bit expensive.

hqdefault.jpg

Just bought the 4 yards more tee, but don't know if they're a gimmick yet. I broke one after one swing though, so I have my doubts.

Tried these as mygolf**y had a battle of the tees and they did fairly well. I didn't notice any difference.

I have been trying those Martini tees lately and they work okay.

I have one of the "Inside Approach" Slice Fixers somewhere...it actually works to a certain extent.

InsideApproach_1a.jpg

I too had one of them. Have to admit, didn't really help me.

I bought a driver from an infomercial once, not any of the Hammer ones, it was something else. Day I got it, took it to the range and started hitting it, felt like crap. Sent it back a few days later in the same box for a full refund.

I also had a diamond face wedge, that was the ONLY thing I ever bought off an infomercial that ACTUALLY worked. It actually worked TOO good if I'm being honest. It would shred a ball cover after one full swing, but that puppy would sit, stick and pull the string like no other!

I guess I'm lucky that I've never been suckered into anything. I learned years ago that the only way to buy a better game is with lessons from a real live qualified professional.

The Medicus.. All it taught me was to roll my hands at takeaway .. $100 for Medicus.. $300 for lessons to fix Medicus problems..?

YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOO

I had always wanted to try the RadarGolf balls and ball finder just to see if they worked. Never did because the price was pretty ridiculous on them.

http://www.radargolf.com/

Not golf related, but I bought into the Banjo Minnow. Amazing thing is that it actually worked. Caught a lot of fish on those things.

I have to say I bought the Taylormade "Offset" Firesole Driver - really messed up my swing I feel for about an entire season - eventually cracked the driver in half hahah...

The SLDR.

just kidding. never even tried one. I do enjoy looking at all the training aids while in a golf shop- there are a lot of weird things out there. one that makes me nervous is the thing that locks your arms together. and I seem to get a lot of emails from golfsmith offering a great deal on the hank haney plane finder...

Not golf related, but I bought into the Banjo Minnow. Amazing thing is that it actually worked. Caught a lot of fish on those things.

I had a similar experience with the flying lure back in the early 90's. We bought some as a joke for a buddy of mine, but ended up fishing them, not as designed, but as regular jigs and caught fish like crazy.

Stack & Tilt

Tried the gyros wing and it was a pos. The 4 yards more tees however I like. Don't know if their longer but they always tee the ball the same height, and I haven't ever broke one in several years of using them.

Tour angle 144 hard to hold club and it at the same time

My ex girlfriend. Thankfully I didn't fully buy in!

In all seriousness, Warrior Custom Golf. Screw. Those. Guys.

There are so many tricks and tips and "technology breakthroughs" in golf. But has there ever been one that you were sold on 100% but turned out to be just a crummy money maker? One that sticks out to me is the brush tee. ive never used it personally, but i just kinda chuckle every time i see one on a tee box

Awh I like those brush tees. Lol

Wow. Ya this one may take the cake. Good lord that's awful lol

Hey, those Anti-slice tees really work. That's why they're illegal.

I'll take the 4 yards more tees for the simple fact that they always tee it up to a consistent height with no effort and they don't break. I don't care if they go further or not.

Milled face or laser etched wedges was my last sucker buy. Everyone but Ping still makes them and touts them as producing more spin, but THP says they are a gimmick and do nothing.

Medicus driver

I guess I'm lucky that I've never been suckered into anything. I learned years ago that the only way to buy a better game is with lessons from a real live qualified professional.
Not being suckered and lessons from a professional are not necessarily mutually exclusive. No names, but when flight tickets are involved, lesson(s) from a gimmicky pro can be pretty expensive.

Anti slice tees

Free-Shipping-3pcs-Assorted-3-Combo-Anti-Slice-font-b-Golf-b-font-Tees-Plastic-Chair.jpg

And we have a winner! I never bought any though.

I did buy an original medicus for $1.99 at Goodwill. Took me about five minutes to learn how to cheat it by fanning it open right away when starting the backswing.

Hmmm.....This is a really good question. I would have to go with the anti-slice tees.

Back