Most Demoralizing Miss?

Stellar drive followed by terrible approach (chunked wedge in particular)

definetly the Chunk...The closer to the green the worse it feels. Also easy lob over the greenside bunker...that lands IN the greenside bunker.

My first answer is blading a wedge over the green. On a local THP outing at Arrowhead with Kang, J4U and PhillyGolfer though, I punched a four iron out from behind a tree as it got to the center of the fairway, it appeared to accelerate, hopping along and headed right past a white stake I didn't notice until the ball was passing it. Who would have thought there would be OB markers between two fairways? I couldn't believe I managed to punch the ball out of bounds...

It's the shank and always will be. Mine pop up, usually with a wedge. They say the hardest shot in golf, is the shot that follows a shank. And it is. It's like a gremlin is banging pots and pans in your head as you stand over that shot, hoping and praying it was a fluke and hasn't settled in.

My first round of the year, I was hitting my 3rd into a par 5, had about 125, which was maxing out my SW. I hit my first just left and short of the green. I decided to lay down another ball and try again. Proceeded to shank it. Laid down another. Shanked it too. I proceeded to do this 7 times. Hadn't done it all round. Or in months. Finally hit another one to about where I put the first ball. I was shocked and was a little pissy picking up all those shanked balls. Didn't do it again the rest of the round.

And then there is also this........

e5yzanu4.jpg

I hate being at a distance that I know if I hit a perfect 3 wood I'll hit into the group in front of me on the green. 95% of the time I'll be 5-10yds short but I wait for them all to putt out just in case I hit the rare perfect 3wood shot for me. Seems like 99% of the time I wait and I end up chunking it or putting it off to the right and people playing with me wondering why I waited....hate that sooo much.

Skying a driver or wood and leaving a nice mark on the crown. Insult to injury

Misses, thin shots and fat ones are a part of the game that happens from time to time. BUT hitting a hosel rocket is by far (for me) the worst and most demoralizing of shots to hit on the course (or range), hands down.

Mine is the yip/seizure putt. 3ft to 10ft. You have a confident line. You know the speed. Take the putter back and have a seizure. Never even give it a chance to find the hole. I lose all feeling with the putter after that.

The flubbed chip shot is what gets me. Never fails that I need to make a 10-15 yard chip shot and get waaaaay under it and it does 3 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow round, jerk we were playing with made a scene about playing through.
Slower group waived us to play through and hit to a short par 3 over water while they waited near the green.
All 3 of us put it in the water, very demoralizing.

Saying "oh yeah, I can get over this tree with my 8-iron," then blading it square in the trunk

e5yzanu4.jpg

The smash factor of the leading edge of my sand wedge is unreal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Had one today: smoked a driver down the middle of the fairway, had an easy lob wedge into the green and chunked it.

Chunk, just such a disappointing result when it happens

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

e5yzanu4.jpg

haha I love this! :bomb:

I hate the hosel rocket the most followed by the chunkster and then of course old man skully :angry:

"I'm going to wait for the green to clear in case I reach it in 2." *shank*

Had one today: smoked a driver down the middle of the fairway, had an easy lob wedge into the green and chunked it.

I waste far too many good drives. Those are often my worst holes.

I waste far too many good drives. Those are often my worst holes.

It's such a downer. You go from putting yourself in a good spot for a birdie to scrambling to make par.

skull a 25 yard sandwedge knee high bout 40 yards over the green.....just really hacks me off:banghead:

Back