Most Demoralizing Miss?

It only happens with my 3 wood off the tee box. For some reason I will top the ball and bounce it off the tee box about 30 yards. I never do it with my driver, hybrid or iron off the tee....just the dang 3 wood.
I will do this about 3 or 4 times over the season.

Topped FW from trying to stand on it! Good tempo will fix this. Do I always listen? Ummmm......no!

JM

Hehe "I'm going to play smart and go 3wood off the tee." *tops tee shot*

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!

There's a course in Atlanta called the frog. (It's a really nice track, btw.). The seventh hole is a shortish Par 4 that's a little narrow off of the tee. I will typically pull 3W here instead of driver.

I think I've played the course five times. At least three times (likely four), I've either topped the 3W or hit a skulled, low hook that dives into a hazard on the left side about 180 yards away. It's uncanny.

After I played this hole last time, I told myself in pulling driver on the hole next time I play it.

When I get too long I occasionally hosel my tee shot about 30yds left. It's basically a shank that goes left. I've learned to laugh at myself when it happens tho.

There's a course in Atlanta called the frog. (It's a really nice track, btw.). The seventh hole is a shortish Par 4 that's a little narrow off of the tee. I will typically pull 3W here instead of driver.

I think I've played the course five times. At least three times (likely four), I've either topped the 3W or hit a skulled, low hook that dives into a hazard on the left side about 180 yards away. It's uncanny.

After I played this hole last time, I told myself in pulling driver on the hole next time I play it.

Might as well pull a pw. Haha

Where's Wake?

oddly enough it only happens in the fairway. It comes from over swinging im almost positive. If i pull a hybrid im fine. Im just usally not that smart.

Any mistake with my wedges. It's usually a decel that gets me & puts me in a foul mood.,

Anytime I hit a chunk shot, it bothers me a lot!!!!

it's pretty rare anymore, but just flat out topping the ball is the worst in my opinion. Nothing more demoralizing than that.

Yeah this, though topping the ball Is still somewhat common for me.

I fought a bad hook from the time I started playing, every now and then, one gets away from me and just keeps going.

An especially bad putting stroke early in the round. It can sap the enthusiasm right out of me.

ATL touched on mine.

When I try to be Mr. smartypants and make a conservative play by using 3 wood or hybrid or even a 5i off the tee to ensure a FIR, and then I dead pull it, chunk it, top it, or do anything bad. This get's my blood pressure very high.
Drivable par 4 with water left right and short? Driver for me baby.

Why did I have a feeling that was going to come up???

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

For me it is when I try to play safe and just don't make an aggressive enough swing

Most Demoralizing Miss?
Does anyone have a miss that happens every so often, that sucks the joy right out of you?

I have a particular miss which happens when I hit a stellar tee shot, and proceed to chunk my 2nd/approach shot. Because it's happened so often, it stays on my mind and I think it happens more often because of that.

I think demoralizing is perhaps too strong a word for golf. But I do think certain shots can sure get one angry and "suck the joy out of you" at times. (funny way to put it haha) And even if we learned to put it in the past once its over it sure can get under the skin at the moment.

For me right now there are two shots that get me boiling for the moment. The first one is similar to you. The chunked iron or for that matter the flop/top/chop or whatever you want to call it. it is my biggest poor score culprit. And basically (for me) it comes down to tempo causing it which I been working hard at fixing. Having less of them:) but not at all there yet:(

The other shot is either leaving the ball in the greenside bunker or sending it a mile out. :banghead:I use to get out of bunkers very well but not anymore I don't yet know why. But right now I'm working too hard on tempo to throw something else in the mix. Evetually I'll have to get my old bunker swinging back in place some how. But whats strange is that I been hitting great shots out of fairway bunkers. Go figure :confused2:

chili dipping, laying sod, checking the roots, hitting it fat,thick, heavy or the chunk...with a wedge when all u need is an up and down for a par

Sculled chip, trying to save a par, or getting close to a birdie, ending up in a bunker and getting out with double bogey or worse.

Anything that gets a little too close to the hosel!!! Stick a fork in me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My miss recently had been off the hosel. How does that happen?!?! Oh that's right a swing change. It is by far the most frustrating miss out there.

For me it's a duff off the tee. Doesn't happen very often but when it does it's embarrassing. I hate when the ball just dribbles in front of the tee box.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

When I ground my putter on my putting stroke. Worse miss ever and it kills, so frustrating.

Why did I have a feeling that was going to come up???

I love that course. But, I can't stand that hole.

Chunking a very makeable chip shot when I could of easily putted.

Back