Racing stripe on your ball?

I never mark my golf ball, unless I am playing in a tournament.

I put a line on mine but not all the way around

I mark all my balls with a partial line and a red dot for identification purposes, and then use the line to line up my putts. It's not distracting to me, since I've been doing it for years. The problem comes when I get over a putt, have second thoughts, and then ignore the line. My original read is almost always right. LOL.

On this note, anyone know of a good tool to utilize to place a line all the way around the ball?

I used this, cost $6 at my pro shop.

633743071193412620_lg_lmu.jpg

http://www.finetunegolf.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?ID=5842c8fe-dd9e-4123-8956-9c7e56aa23b8

I put a line on the ball. Typically across the small print so it isn't distracting. On a ProV1x, I would put it through that line.

I use this line for lining up the putt and making sure I am aligned properly.

Also, perfectly legal. Many players on tour do it, even Tiger.

My Smart Square tells me if I'm aligned properly.

:D

I prefer no line on my ball. They distract me more than they help me.

On this note, anyone know of a good tool to utilize to place a line all the way around the ball?

I used to use a Check go years ago, now I just use the alignment arrow on the side of my B330-RX ball. The older model that I have looks like this...

check.jpg

I used to line yet rarely felt it was lined up correctly when standing over a putt . I found that it was more of a distraction than help.

This for me. Now I line up the ball so I see no writing whatsoever when putting.

I draw a line to aid in my aiming on the green. I can really visualize the line when I set up to a ball marked with a black line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I don't use one. I don't like the look and when I tried it I found it a pita to get the line to face the line of my putt.

Last yr I was under a 4'cap and putting was (and is) my biggest struggle. I would use a line, but would trust it when standing over it...ALWAYS looked like it was too far left of "line", yet when I'd be behind it (lining it up) it looked perfect. I just couldnt get myself to trust it. Then came the problem of trying to get the line on the putter to line up with the line on the ball...THAT never looked right either (Yes, I'm a HUGE head case when it comes to putting)
So, the first 2 rounds I played this year I tried something different and so far it seems to be working GREAT! I lined the line on the ball perpendicular to the the "line" that I want to putt on. So now when I go to stand over my putt, I just line the front edge of putter parallel to the line on ball....looks like this: ball---> (l) l <---putter

Definitely unorthodox, but working great so far....

Back