Scramble at The Legacy in SE MI

It better be or else it's gonna be a long day for the pink brigade

Nah I hit the gym all week so I can carry them the whole day from the tips

It better be or else it's gonna be a long day for the pink brigade

The good news is I hit my driver well and had a very nice first dance with the del mar. #driveforshowputtforthewin

Keep an eye on that wind boys. A lot of holes there require target golf to be successful. And there's not much out there to break the wind. On a calm day there are good scores out there. If it's windy it's a different animal.

Nah I hit the gym all week so I can carry them the whole day from the tips

Haha i just had a mental image of Philly on ur shoulders

Looks like pants are no longer an option.....

Keep an eye on that wind boys. A lot of holes there require target golf to be successful. And there's not much out there to break the wind. On a calm day there are good scores out there. If it's windy it's a different animal.

Good thing I have a pretty good worm-burner

I had time for 9 today at my home course.

Let me say this again, I had time for 9 today at MY home course, which is in Michigan, I Golfed in Michigan.

Ok, I shot a 51. started off with a pair of 7's and an 8 also in the 9.
Had one penalty on one of the 7's, and Fat dug in pitch shots contributed to the other 7 and 8.

Not included in those 3 scores were:
A bogie that I 2 putted from 6'
A Birdie that I lipped out
2 punch outs from trees.

Could have been a pretty solid 9, had I simply went bogey, Bogey and not triple triple.
and leaving other shots on

I had time for 9 today at my home course.

Let me say this again, I had time for 9 today at MY home course, which is in Michigan, I Golfed in Michigan.

Ok, I shot a 51. started off with a pair of 7's and an 8 also in the 9.
Had one penalty on one of the 7's, and Fat dug in pitch shots contributed to the other 7 and 8.

Not included in those 3 scores were:
A bogie that I 2 putted from 6'
A Birdie that I lipped out
2 punch outs from trees.

Could have been a pretty solid 9, had I simply went bogey, Bogey and not triple triple.
and leaving other shots on

How'd you putt?

So 22 strokes for 3 holes and 29 the other 6...I'd say ur getting close

I was just thinking that.

He's right CJ your game is getting close. It's one thing to learn how to manage a course and get good scores, but it's another thing to learn what I call "disaster prevention" lol that's the one thing I really struggled with. It's like quicksand. The more you fight it, the worse it gets. But your making strides which is all that matters. Now bring that A game Saturday!

How'd you putt?

Had 16 putts, one 3 putt. Made a 25'er also. Pretty happy with it.

Got to limit blow up holes, but I was in some sloppy messes today,
Hitting a little fat in the slop is not a good place for me to be at this point.

But yes getting there.

Had 16 putts, one 3 putt. Made a 25'er also. Pretty happy with it.

Got to limit blow up holes, but I was in some sloppy messes today,
Hitting a little fat in the slop is not a good place for me to be at this point.

But yes getting there.

Soggy will do that...glad to hear of the early season progress

I liked playing with a friend of mine and have him say "a 51 is not bad" and me being thoroughly unhappy with the nine based on the 3 scores.
looking back on the scorecard I'm glad the triple's on the first 2 holes did not ruin my round, and I had a lot of bogey's It felt a ton worse than that!!

Played 3178 yards. Par 36

Triple, Triple, bogey, bogey, Quad, par,bogey, Bogey, Bogey.

It could have been better, but worse also.
I cant wait for Saturday, especially since I didn't play real well (or Putted for that matter) in SC this week.

Same thing goes for my course up here. Wind, especially swirling, can wreck havoc on a great shot.

For those around this course, how wet is it up there? Around me, the grass is pretty soggy still

For those around this course, how wet is it up there? Around me, the grass is pretty soggy still

Drainage dependent, pretty wet. 2 inches Monday and we got more rain today, maybe 1/4". They will have it playing good, but even if we weren't playing scramble it'd be pick clean and place.

Drainage dependent, pretty wet. 2 inches Monday and we got more rain today, maybe 1/4". They will have it playing good, but even if we weren't playing scramble it'd be pick clean and place.

My new shoes hate this post

Oh it's going to be wet...they still have snow on the banks of hills, etc. I was just driving through yesterday and the lakes and ponds are still iced over.
#snowbowl #longestdivotchallenge

I am sure the course will do everything in their power to make it enjoyable.

My new shoes hate this post

My course has iffy drainage, I'll let ya know tomorrow. Yesterday it wasn't bad at all. There shouldn't be much standing water, if any by now. Keep it in the fairway with zero roll out, that'll do.

Oh it's going to be wet...they still have snow on the banks of hills, etc. I was just driving through yesterday and the lakes and ponds are still iced over.
#snowbowl #longestdivotchallenge

I am sure the course will do everything in their power to make it enjoyable.

Snows been gone here for about 2 weeks now, the Legacy is basically in Ohio. Wind and sunshine will dry things out quickly.

Snows been gone here for about 2 weeks now, the Legacy is basically in Ohio. Wind and sunshine will dry things out quickly.

Well darn...didn't I read that course wrong. I read White Lake. Lol glad I'm not able to come, I would have been at the wrong course.

Ya Debbie Downer... I mean Matt. Listen to Tyler. It's basically in Ohio so it basically almost doesn't suck :) I just hope it's not a swamp. Forecast looks amazing for Ottawa Lake with Saturday being the best day so it should be an awesome day. So looking forward to it!

Now that we have confirmed the weather, are we going to see pink shorts????

Back