Driver carry distance you'd be satisfied with

At the end of last season, my carry was 250-260 with the occasional crazy 270.
I would be happy to stay where it was for the next few years.

That sounds like a good place to be. I'd be happy with that.

I missed this thread first time around. I'm not sure what my average carry distance is out on the course. Practicing (at Golftec on simulator) yesterday, I charted 40 tee shots and my average carry was 254 with average roll out distance being about 270. Again, that was at Golftec in the simulator...but I'm amazed and jealous of you guys carrying it 270+. Didn't realize how many long hitters are out there on THP. Someone teach me the secret! :)

230 yards of carry, and confident I can hit most fairways, and I'd be happy. Right now I play in some desert-style ranges, so I get decent roll. I figure, that puts me at 150 yards out on a 400 yard par 4 after the roll. I'd take that all day long.

I'm pretty happy with where I am at right now, but I'd always be interested in a little extra.

i'm everywhere between 235 and 275, give me 255 all day everyday and i'll be happy

edit: nevermind, my new driver is giving me that, and even more so i'm happy

I'm honestly just fine where I'm at, which is around 240 or 250 in warm weather. However, I'll always take more! Realistically I don't think I can expect to ever achieve more than 265 or 270 though - I would be overjoyed if I can get there in the next few years. But it's not a priority.

I missed this thread first time around. I'm not sure what my average carry distance is out on the course. Practicing (at Golftec on simulator) yesterday, I charted 40 tee shots and my average carry was 254 with average roll out distance being about 270. Again, that was at Golftec in the simulator...but I'm amazed and jealous of you guys carrying it 270+. Didn't realize how many long hitters are out there on THP. Someone teach me the secret! :)

its called get a computer and a keyboard ,internet connection and bam you gain 30 yards ...

I want 250 minimum which I know I am capable of.
My good hits average about 260 but I miss too often bringing my actual driver average down to about 235-245 probably.

its called get a computer and a keyboard ,internet connection and bam you gain 30 yards ...

Ohhhhh..... I guess I was not thinking about it that way. Guess I'm at 284 then :p

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I am so all over the place right now, I have no idea what my averages actually are. I would, like most people here are saying, be perfectly content giving up the odd long bomb and being 250 out into the fairway consistently. Means a mid iron into most par 4s and no worries for getting on to the par 5's in 3.

I'm getting around 230-240 right now, but I get a ton roll out normally.

I'd be happy with a consistent 240-250 of carry. That's plenty for tees that play in the 6300-6600 range.

310, altitude assisted. Still not gaming a driver yet, though.

I would be happy with 260 - 270, which would negate me having to pull long irons in on some 2nd shots. I have managed all these years being in the 230 - 245 area...so not asking for much. :)

I want 250 again like I used to have

Sadly Im 30+ yards away right now

anything over 200, seems like my good drives range from 220-269. But If I am off with my driver it is always 180 to 200 which sucks for me because I make the par 4 turn into a par 5.

I would be happy with 260 - 270, which would negate me having to pull long irons in on some 2nd shots. I have managed all these years being in the 230 - 245 area...so not asking for much. :)

This. This would make me a very very happy golfer.

I would be happy with a consistent 260 carry. I can carry it easily on good strikes. Just need to continue to eliminate the poor strikes.

worry I feel like a 8 year old at the golf course looking at all your guys drives in. Wish I could be out where you all are.

I'm not sure I would ever be satisfied. Even the guys I know that kill the ball are always trying to get that extra 5 or 10 yards.

10 more than my last round... and then I'll want 10 more than that after I play again... and so on...

I would be happy with a 240-250 carry, with a good swing I am about 20 yards short of that so I need to find it somehow. With that being said if I could get 250-260 total yardage and be on the short grass I can manage.

You mange well with your tee distance at least when you don't hit 150yd markers.

I want 250 again like I used to have

Sadly Im 30+ yards away right now

I'd like to play the Deano that had that yardage and it would make the game a bit easier on you I believe.

what happend from when you had it to now?

fall of 2012 it stopped. I blame the Ping Anser lol. Swing just changed and got flatter and slower and more sliding I suppose

Back