Callaway X2 Hot Fairway Wood Preview

I hit two shots off the deck today that truly amazed me. I don't go three woods off the deck until the X 2 Hot came along ⛳️?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit two shots off the deck today that truly amazed me. I don't go three woods off the deck until the X 2 Hot came along ⛳️

I agree 100% Ole Gray.
I would only hit 3w of deck if absolutely had to with no trouble around.

The x2h is amazing!
Easy to launch and goes a long way.
I don't hesitate to hit now.

I think it is the Tour Blue. When I absolutely crushed the BB it didn't even compare...puring the X2 is a feeling I have never had before. It's awesome.

This is so true. The first time I really crushed it...words cannot describe the feeling. Just PURE and sounds perfect.

I hit two shots off the deck today that truly amazed me. I don't go three woods off the deck until the X 2 Hot came along ⛳️?

I agree 100% Ole Gray.
I would only hit 3w of deck if absolutely had to with no trouble around.

The x2h is amazing!
Easy to launch and goes a long way.
I don't hesitate to hit now.

And not only is it way easier to hit off the deck than my Mashie...it's longer too! Such a sweet club. Same way with the 5 too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Golfsmith is having a 50% bonus on trades for new clubs right now. I went in thinking I was going to come out with the bio cell fairway (and that my old clubs were worth a lot more than they were willing to give me :)). I did not really hit the cobra too well despite the looks which I loved. So I tried a bunch of different fairway woods. What ^he mentioned is exactly what I experienced. It was a great feeling when I hit the X2 vs every other fwy I tried. The distance was a lot longer for me too. (on the monitor) I walked away to look at some clearance shirts and I had to go back to see if it was a fluke. Grabbed the X2 and went to a different monitor. Same great feeling and distance. I will own this club, I am just waiting for a deal on these. I know I have seen it mentioned that sometimes they throw in a hybrid when you buy a fwy wood. That would be a dream at this point. I just have to be patient, or if you know of a deal on these please let me know. :)

Golfsmith is having a 50% bonus on trades for new clubs right now. I went in thinking I was going to come out with the bio cell fairway (and that my old clubs were worth a lot more than they were willing to give me :)). I did not really hit the cobra too well despite the looks which I loved. So I tried a bunch of different fairway woods. What ^he mentioned is exactly what I experienced. It was a great feeling when I hit the X2 vs every other fwy I tried. The distance was a lot longer for me too. (on the monitor) I walked away to look at some clearance shirts and I had to go back to see if it was a fluke. Grabbed the X2 and went to a different monitor. Same great feeling and distance. I will own this club, I am just waiting for a deal on these. I know I have seen it mentioned that sometimes they throw in a hybrid when you buy a fwy wood. That would be a dream at this point. I just have to be patient, or if you know of a deal on these please let me know. :)

The X2Hot's are the real deal and the majority say it's so ?

The X2Hot's are the real deal and the majority say it's so 

I totally agree. However, I found the SLDR DRIVER to be better than the X2. The X2 hybrids are getting a lot of positive buzz too. I will have to try those sometime.

That's ridiculong! :)

If I could get a tad more consistent with it (read: stop being a putz, swing right, and stop hooking every fourth shot) I would consider dumping Driver altogether. The ball flight and rollout is just amazing. I pulled off another today and got double backup proof. The pic is from swingbyswing.com shot tracker and the GPS is showing what my Neo said. Only a yard off, so yeah...it's a deep one. And that was off the deck after a drive of only 261...which I hit pretty well. So my 3w is just a little driver.
BigX2Hot3w_zpsc932e7a8.jpg

2014-03-26181655_zps2fd4bb4d.jpg

I hit this ball so pure off the deck it made me giggle with glee as it flew toward the horizon.

Last edited:
Thats awesome Toad!!! Say currently my driver swing is crap so my x2hot 5 wood is blasting past where my driver would be and it's going out straight. And one of the big things for me is this guy is easy to hit off the fairway. That was my problem last year where my 3/4 amp cell wood wouldn't do anything for me off the fairway. So I am really loving this guy. I think the shaft is a big help with this.
If I could get a tad more consistent with it (read: stop being a putz, swing right, and stop hooking every fourth shot) I would consider dumping Driver altogether. The ball flight and rollout is just amazing. I pulled off another today and got double backup proof. The pic is from swingbyswing.com shot tracker and the GPS is showing what my Neo said. Only a yard off, so yeah...it's a deep one. And that was off the deck after a drive of only 261...which I hit pretty well. So my 3w is just a little driver.

Thats awesome Toad!!! Say currently my driver swing is crap so my x2hot 5 wood is blasting past where my driver would be and it's going out straight. And one of the big things for me is this guy is easy to hit off the fairway. That was my problem last year where my 3/4 amp cell wood wouldn't do anything for me off the fairway. So I am really loving this guy. I think the shaft is a big help with this.

Am contemplating the 5w, too, but where I need it, I'm afraid it'll be too long for the gap I need to fill.

Am contemplating the 5w, too, but where I need it, I'm afraid it'll be too long for the gap I need to fill.

I hear ya there, I think when I get my driver back I'll be good with just the 5wd. Have you been getting alot of par 5's in two. Almost had my first one with this guy off the deck then off the fairway.

Sent you a PM

Hit the standard 3W today and I can now understand the love in here. Great feeling the whole way through. I'll have to hit it head to head with the RBZ S2 to see what's what though.

Yep, these are awesome. Every swing I take with them is addictive. The "crushed it" feeling is more pronounced with these than with any other fairway I've hit.

Yep, these are awesome. Every swing I take with them is addictive. The "crushed it" feeling is more pronounced with these than with any other fairway I've hit.

This fairway wood is awesome! My all time favorite and this is coming from a guy who would not bag a fairway. I didn't like em?

This fairway wood is awesome! My all time favorite and this is coming from a guy who would not bag a fairway. I didn't like em

Still bagging the 2H though, eh? Tried the X2Hot 3H today and it was awesome feeling but I was hitting popups off the mats so another time before making any rash decisions. I'm half tempted to go grab a 5W though. I know I hit FWs well usually.

Still bagging the 2H though, eh? Tried the X2Hot 3H today and it was awesome feeling but I was hitting popups off the mats so another time before making any rash decisions. I'm half tempted to go grab a 5W though. I know I hit FWs well usually.

I switched back to a FW in that slot for this 5W after previously playing a 2 hybrid. Yeah, it's an awesome 5W.

Yep I love my 2 hybrid. It's a great club and fits in my comfort zone. The X2 Hot 3 wood feels the same in my hands as my 2H which goes back to the comfort thing.

I switched back to a FW in that slot for this 5W after previously playing a 2 hybrid. Yeah, it's an awesome 5W.

Yeah, I'm going to have to do a head to head with the Stage 2 before I do anything. Even if it just keeps up, I may do it for consistency's sake. That and I like shiny things.:D

Yeah, I'm going to have to do a head to head with the Stage 2 before I do anything. Even if it just keeps up, I may do it for consistency's sake. That and I like shiny things.:D

No way, I am a shiny thing fan too!! :alien:

I haven’t hit a FW so well in years.. part of the reason I went with the 4 wood over the 3, as I haven’t had much success with a FW in a while but this one has my confidence up. Thanks to Callaway’s new X2s those days should be behind me. Seems like all you have to do it put a good swing on it and it goes, even on not so centered strikes. I nice bonus was after I decided to get one GolfSmith actually had a promo code this week that didn’t exclude new Callaway products so I was able to save 15% on a X2 Hot 4 wood. Played my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] round with it today (yippee no rain or 30 MPH winds for a change) and played it a few more times than normal. I was pleased, straighter and longer than the 17 degree hybrid I replaced by 15 to 20 yards, 225 to 240 range. Great fairway wood. Liked it better than the Ping G25, Cobra Bio and the Big Bertha fairway wood I tried when I was looking to put a FW back in my bag.

I haven’t hit a FW so well in years.. part of the reason I went with the 4 wood over the 3, as I haven’t had much success with a FW in a while but this one has my confidence up. Thanks to Callaway’s new X2s those days should be behind me. Seems like all you have to do it put a good swing on it and it goes, even on not so centered strikes. I nice bonus was after I decided to get one GolfSmith actually had a promo code this week that didn’t exclude new Callaway products so I was able to save 15% on a X2 Hot 4 wood. Played my 1[SUP]st[/SUP] round with it today (yippee no rain or 30 MPH winds for a change) and played it a few more times than normal. I was pleased, straighter and longer than the 17 degree hybrid I replaced by 15 to 20 yards, 225 to 240 range. Great fairway wood. Liked it better than the Ping G25, Cobra Bio and the Big Bertha fairway wood I tried when I was looking to put a FW back in my bag.

I really like the idea of this in 4 wood too, and then prob a hybrid to sit between it and my 5 iron. Glad to hear you are getting on so well with it. The main issue for me is whether I can get it up off the deck easily...

I pulled the trigger on the 5 deep today, it's just so easy to hit I can't wait to get out and play. I was planning on getting the 2 deep as well but ended up walking away with a Taylormade SLDR mini driver instead.

Can anyone compare the 3 or 5 wood to the 3 deep or 5 deep.
Just curious how different they are.

Thanks.

I'm curious how versatile a 5 wood would be off the turf and rough? I wonder if the face is too deep for me.

I'm curious how versatile a 5 wood would be off the turf and rough? I wonder if the face is too deep for me.
I'm loving the 5 wood, explosive off the face, and as long as I can keep it straight, it's a huge asset on par 5s!

Back