Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Hmm I average about 95. Maybe I'll get on eBay and give both shafts a shot :)

I have an uncut White Tie if interested. PM me for details.

I've written about this driver before and sang it's praises, here is my THP writer application on it:
Club: Cobra AMP Cell Driver with Aldila RIP Beta Stiff shaft and GP Z Grip Cord

Background information (Me & Club): I have been golfing for around 12 years. I had previously played hockey, so I am used to making athletic type moves on a stationary object, but golf, as we all know, is much more difficult than just hitting a little white ball on the end of a little stick! ): I’ve had this club for almost a year. I’ve put it through a ton of rounds of golf and have had a chance to hit multiple types or styles of shots with it. I was fit for my MyFly loft and shaft by a local Cobra Golf fitter. I’ve grown to rely on this club off every tee for a ball to be in play, in the fairway and quite a ways down there to reduce the distance of my second shot.

Appearance/Customization
I would have loved to have a black option, but having the ability to choose from numerous colors is a great option. It allows you to not add a bit of your own personal style and personality to your clubs. If you look good, you feel good and when you feel good, you play good!

Feel
I have never been a huge feel player, but the AMP cell gives me an adequate amount of feel, I may not always know how the face is angled at impact, but sometimes the performance of a club makes up for them not “feeling” the way I want them to. And this one does, it really gets the ball in play, which is so key. I’m not as in love with the feel at impact, but the ball does what it’s supposed to, but as I improve as a golfer I may need a bit more feel at impact.

Sound
I would classify the sound of the AMP Cell as a bit muted, but nothing to be concerned with. There are times that a driver sounds quite muffled or muted, and at impact it almost makes you think twice after making contact. The AMP cell sounds a bit muffled but also not as high pitched as others. I think a driver should sound, NORMAL, whatever that happens to be for that golfer, and the AMP cell fits into that for me.

Forgiveness
This is one area the AMP cell really performs. It just seems like no matter where on the face you make contact you get some decent distance and are never that far off your intended line. So it really leaves you with a huge feeling of confidence. And the distance you see on those off center hits doesn’t keep you from being out of the hole.

Technology
There is so much technology built into this driver, the MyFly technology allows for one driver for all golfers and the adjustability to find the loft that maximizes performance for that golfer. The SmartPad allows you to set the club in whatever address position suits you best. And the Cell tech really makes this driver head a performer in all areas.

Overall
There is so much technology built into this driver, the MyFly technology, includes lofts: 8.5°, 9.5°, 9.5° Draw, 10.5°, 10.5° Draw, 11.5°, allows for one driver for all golfers and the adjustability to find the loft that maximizes performance for that golfer. The SmartPad allows you to set the club in whatever address position suits you best. And the Cell tech really makes this driver head a performer in all areas.

Quick question. I am looking to bring my amp cell in the stock shaft down from 45.75 to 45.25 or 45 and also reduce launch. Where should I take it from - butt or tip? Or if I got the .75 off route .25 butt and .50 tip? How much can you take off the tip and without completely killing launch.

Quick question. I am looking to bring my amp cell in the stock shaft down from 45.75 to 45.25 or 45 and also reduce launch. Where should I take it from - butt or tip? Or if I got the .75 off route .25 butt and .50 tip? How much can you take off the tip and without completely killing launch.
It depends on if you want to adjust the stiffness of the shaft as well. Maybe some of the shaft gurus here can jump in and offer up there .02, as I do not want to give bad advice.

It's different from shaft to shaft. Trimming from the tip will reduce launch but also make the shaft play 'stiffer'. Your best bet is probably to contact Cobra and ask them how the shaft will react to being tipped.

Hmm I average about 95. Maybe I'll get on eBay and give both shafts a shot :)

I swing low to mid 90's, play the Phenom in R tipped 1/2" @ 44.75. I pound the middle of the club face.... Love thus combo as I have the ACP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I shot cobra an email with my question. Hopefully I hear back soon so I can get it done before Friday.

I shot cobra an email with my question. Hopefully I hear back soon so I can get it done before Friday.

Cobra got back to me and recommended to start with a half inch and trim from the butt end. They said the shaft would stiffen a little but not a full flex.

Got the shaft shortened today by .25" and put a UTX grip on it. Can't wait to take it out. Just swinging it lightly it feels like it has more control and stiffened up a bit.

My SS was between a S & R. So while the Aldila was working, I still wasn't swinging fast enough to load it properly and get the distance I should be seeing.

The White Tie was a R flex & I tipped it 1/2" to get it playing closer to Firm but not quite Stiff. This did force me to smooth out my tempo (something I needed to do anyway) & I was still able to see the distance I wanted with the White Tie.

I just got this today for like 83 bucks! MINT! I haven't hit it yet, I will tomorrow though.
It appears to feel a bit soft to me just air swinging right now, so I stuck it on my Mitchell Freq. Meter and the #'s were like 230?
OMG! I'm right with you Mike .. I've always been between a stiff and reg, but this shaft, along with it's length and the chart I have,
puts this puppy in like the Senior flex lol.
My TM's hover from 250-260 .. and they feel awesome ..

BTW .. you have a PM on your White Tie that you tipped a half inch!? :call-me:
And just out of curiosity, would you know the freq on a Mitchell with a 5 inch clamp? :)

Thanks! I'll hit this tomorrow, but I know I'm not gonna like the shaft lol .......
h38j.jpg

40il.jpg

Last edited:
I am VERY amazed at how well this shaft performed! I thought for sure it was going to be a very high trajectory ball flight.
To my surprise, it's a very straight club, draw and fade at will .. I can snap hook it if I try real hard ..
Very similar trajectory as my TM .. which is a stiff? :scratching head:

My best shots with this Amp Cell, were not any better from my best shots with my TM TP 580XD with the ollld Graphite Design YS-6.
HOWEVER, the Amp Cell by far won in the consistency category .. I missed 2 fairways .. only because I tried to stand on it.
Quite unforgiving ... one, a bad snap hook, and the other like a wounded P-51 high in the air, falling off to the right.

All in all though, I think I like this shaft .. maybe another round or 2 to get her wired ..
My best shot was on 18 .. just put a "commercial" swing on it, 380 yard par 4 with 113 yards left .. I've NEVER been out there with my TM ..
I can hit the TM 260, but, VERY rarely .. a slight into our face wind of about 5-10, but still managed almost 270?
The ball goes about the same with the TM, but the Amp Cell just rolls, and rolls, and rolllls ..
A lil baby draw, and this thing comes alive! I think I'll hang on to this shaft.

I've been keeping up with this thread, hearing the different combinations guys are able to put to great use with this head. Today was one of the best driving days I've had with the CAC. Been fighting a bit of a hook, but bending this club into a draw has resulted in some out & out bombs. Averaged 250 today off the tee, including a couple rolled out to 275.

I've been keeping up with this thread, hearing the different combinations guys are able to put to great use with this head. Today was one of the best driving days I've had with the CAC. Been fighting a bit of a hook, but bending this club into a draw has resulted in some out & out bombs. Averaged 250 today off the tee, including a couple rolled out to 275.
Impressive average, bro. The AC is definitely one of my favorites that I have ever put in the bag, and in fact it is now my "go to" driver. Definitely a solid all around driver.

Impressive average, bro. The AC is definitely one of my favorites that I have ever put in the bag, and in fact it is now my "go to" driver. Definitely a solid all around driver.

In the interest of fairness, I didn't hit driver but maybe 8 or 9 times today. Only on fairways where I could swing away and miss in either direction. And I live at 5000' ASL. Hitting at sea level is going to be a rude awakening, methinks.

Still LOVE my AC, and I've tried most of the drivers on the market right now...

5/6 FIR and long today.

Still LOVE my AC, and I've tried most of the drivers on the market right now...

5/6 FIR and long today.

I think it stands up pretty well, especially if you need a little more spin. I really didn't see this leaving my bag but the lower spin head in the Bio Cell+ really worked well for my swing.

Forgive me for not reading through all 295 pages. Is this considered a higher spin head? I just picked one up with a RIP Phenom in it.

Forgive me for not reading through all 295 pages. Is this considered a higher spin head? I just picked one up with a RIP Phenom in it.

Yes in fact it is too much for spin for me but with that you get an insane amount of forgiveness.

Yes in fact it is too much for spin for me but with that you get an insane amount of forgiveness.
Thanks. I've only hit it once. Set at 10.5*, my #'s were 95-98 SS, 13*-14* launch and 2700-2900 RPM. Wasn't disappointed at all. Need more time with it, but I kinda want to try a Saga in it.

Played my first round cut down a 1/2" and even though I only hit 5 fairways I drove it pretty well. I was actually hitting lower and further than normal. I just need to make sure I get my weight moving forward so I don't block it right or pull it left.

Going with the diamana whiteboard in the AC.

Great combo for me.

Feels WAY better than the stock.

Was hitting straight rockets on the range

Hit a straight bomb at men's league last night, about 280.

Loving my new AC combo

I am re in love my amp cell. Cutting the stock shaft down a bit gave me better contact and distance. 7/9 today with all over 240. Of the two that missed one was 1 yard to the left and the other was an aim issue. Still the same high ball flight but I am getting more roll. The shaft even feels a tough stiffer which is nice. Two words - fairway finder.

Back