Is it just me or do Jericho and Cookie share a certain resemblance?

I thought the same thing based on that photo!

Daughter has middle school drama performances tonight and tomorrow night... and her voice is completely hoarse. She came down with a headcold earlier this week that's now settled into her chest and she is completely congested. My wife and I kept trying to keep her calm, but she's so worked up she kept making herself feel worse. One the one hand, I feel terrible for her, on the other hand I want her to know that she has the ability to power through things if she sets her mind to it.

I'm at my son's karate lesson with him right now, and my wife is working the donation table at tonight's performance so I'm anxiously checking my phone every 30 seconds to see if she's texted me with an update on how she's doing.

Daughter has middle school drama performances tonight and tomorrow night... and her voice is completely hoarse. She came down with a headcold earlier this week that's now settled into her chest and she is completely congested. My wife and I kept trying to keep her calm, but she's so worked up she kept making herself feel worse. One the one hand, I feel terrible for her, on the other hand I want her to know that she has the ability to power through things if she sets her mind to it.

I'm at my son's karate lesson with him right now, and my wife is working the donation table at tonight's performance so I'm anxiously checking my phone every 30 seconds to see if she's texted me with an update on how she's doing.
How did it go?

How did it go?

About as well as could be expected, thanks for asking! She's her own worst critic, but my wife said she did fine. Her voice was still scratchy this morning and she was coughing all night, but hopefully she's OK for tonight's show. Thankfully the scenes she's in aren't too long.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I love how kids try to pronounce words and they quite can't get it out. In their minds they are saying the word the right way, but it's coming out totally different.

This morning my daughter was trying to tell me she wants "hamburgers" for dinner and every time she tried to say it, it came out "Hammer Boogers".... I haven't laughed that hard in a while and great way to start my day.

I love how kids try to pronounce words and they quite can't get it out. In their minds they are saying the word the right way, but it's coming out totally different.

This morning my daughter was trying to tell me she wants "hamburgers" for dinner and every time she tried to say it, it came out "Hammer Boogers".... I haven't laughed that hard in a while and great way to start my day.

Hahaha. Yes that is a little joy of parenting. In our house they are called Hangaburs.

Hahaha. Yes that is a little joy of parenting. In our house they are called Hangaburs.

Funny thing is the conversation started about eating them at school & I thought to myself "your friend is eating boogers in front of everyone?"

Funny thing is the conversation started about eating them at school & I thought to myself "your friend is eating boogers in front of everyone?"

We joke, but the answer is probably yes!

My son regularly replaces a syllable with tu (sounds like 2), instead of potatoes, they are tutatoes, instead of museum, it's the tuseum, and when you say exactly what he said he thinks you're wrong because he hears it correct in his head.

This one made me laugh today, he almost got it!
tumblr_n3qymazh681qdlh1io1_250.gif

Gotta love haircut Friday.
ehemeju9.jpg

nu8yvumu.jpg
Wait, so I hit chip shots and she brings them back? This fatherhood thing is easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went on our first daycare interview yesterday. Holy hell these places are expensive!

Went on our first daycare interview yesterday. Holy hell these places are expensive!

Yep. They know you won't skimp on the care provided for your child. Just wish the tax benefits were still available for daycare.

It's like a 2nd mortgage for me with a 2 & 4 yr old. Thank god my oldest starts kindergarten in August & that means I get a raise because that's half my daycare bill.

Yep. They know you won't skimp on the care provided for your child. Just wish the tax benefits were still available for daycare.
Wait what?!?! I thought it was 20% of daycare expenses up to $3,000. Did they do away with it?

I need to see if I can set up an FSA and just keep that money away from the Feds altogether.

Wait what?!?! I thought it was 20% of daycare expenses up to $3,000. Did they do away with it?

I need to see if I can set up an FSA and just keep that money away from the Feds altogether.

There are income restrictions on what you can deduct.

You can put up to $5000/yr into a daycare flex spending account pre-tax. Covers only about half the year for ours at $170/week.

This is correct. A factor is applied to the gross child care deduction to account for income. The more you earn the lower your net deduction.

You can put up to $5000/yr into a daycare flex spending account pre-tax. Covers only about half the year for ours at $170/week.

Yeah I need to check on this next week at work, and get the wife to do so as well. Do you need to send in receipts or is it done automatically? The daycare we are looking at is already going to do automatic withdrawal which means if we do that AND the FSA we will get a double whammy before getting reimbursed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Parenting Thread

You will have to submit receipts. And it pays out as earned, so you will pay $5000/# of paychecks over the year each pay period into the fsa account. Your reimbursement will be around $192 per period assuming 26 paychecks per year. The first month sucks, but after that it is steady every two weeks. Or you can wait and submit all at once and get the full $5k as a lump sum at the end of the year. Up to you. Either way it will save you a lot of taxes out of pocket, especially if your AGI is over the $100k joint for tax purposes where they start to phase out the deduction on the net remaining (ie total cost of daycare - the $5k fsa pretax contribution).

Spent the morning just me and my oldest. She's learning to ride her bike and we spent time at the park. Wish they would stay this age forever.

My youngest turned 18 earlier this week. Both my kids are "adults" now. I think the wife and I did good. Mission Accomplished! It's such a journey raising kids but very worthwhile for us. And it's true, they are grown before you know it, so enjoy the good times with your little ones and hang in there during the tough times.

Back