Driver carry distance you'd be satisfied with

There was a time when I could carry the ball around 270 and kept it relatively accurate. I suppose I'd just like to get back to that number.

Where are you now dude? I would swear you were close to that last time we played.

Where are you now dude? I would swear you were close to that last time we played.

I'm not really sure. My guess is closer to 260 if anything. Hopefully I'll have my numbers dialed in soon.

I'm not entirely sure, but given a couple of forced carries on the courses I normally play it's about 220-230

275 carry is where I would like to be. I need to practice more and get more lessons.

230-240 is a great drive for me, I liked to be over 240 but to swing that hard I tend to lose it left

235-245 would be great especially if in Fairway.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

230-240 is a great drive for me, I liked to be over 240 but to swing that hard I tend to lose it left

I know what you mean with that. Sometimes (if having a day with errant hitting) I then have to keep my driver a bit slower and settle for the shorter distances just to keep it safe and playing better. I think its part of making good decisions. If its working on a given day then fine but if its not working that day then so be it. do what is necessary to keep best chance at better scoring. If that means purposely taking some off the driver that day then so be it.

I'm pretty satisfied with carry, a shaft change may help in the next few days.

If I could drive 250 yards every drive, I would be happy. Most of my drives are 220 - 240.

220 carry

Carry of 230 with a 30 yard roll would be acceptable to me. With my 95ish ss that is about all I can expect.

Agreed, I am certainly not the longest of hitters, but I know guys who can hit the ball longer than I and want more distance. They also are the ones that can take less than driver for accuracy and still be in the same position as me with my driver. Darn them!!!

I know the feeling, my 19 year old step son hits his 6 iron about as far as I hit driver!

Happy with a 260 carry, but usually probably a little under that. Internet carry is almost 300.

I just need to work on hitting the center of the face with the big dog. I often suffer from over-swinging with it in hand and the results aren't pretty. I was relatively in control yesterday and I was carrying it about 245-250 on good strikes but I had a lot of spin and it ballooned a bit on me. I carry my 5W 225-230 on a clean strike so I often opt for that off the tee as it is arguably my most consistent club other than my hybrid.

If I get it figured out, based on the numbers I would be happy with anything that carried 265-275.

I play with a guy that hardly ever carries more than 200 yards, but his ball rolls by mine almost all the time. It's all how you get to the hole, ugly or not.

I would love to hit it 230 every time. Longer would be better, but with my swing that is realistic for me.

Just thought I would throw this out there, but since really working on my exercise (hill runs and core workouts) I have really increased my driver distance. For the last few weeks my drives have consistently been around the 240-250 mark. I even had one last Sunday go 280-290 (granted I had help from the wind). It was pretty awesome. It was a short par 5 and after my drive I was only 150 yards out and a good 30+ yards farther than everyone else in my group.

If I could consistently carry 250 I'd be stoked

Just thought I would throw this out there, but since really working on my exercise (hill runs and core workouts) I have really increased my driver distance. For the last few weeks my drives have consistently been around the 240-250 mark. I even had one last Sunday go 280-290 (granted I had help from the wind). It was pretty awesome. It was a short par 5 and after my drive I was only 150 yards out and a good 30+ yards farther than everyone else in my group.

Correction, this is total distance. I am probably carrying it 20-30 yards shorter than the distances stated....

I'm happy with where I am right now. I have a Game Golf tracker and it has my average at 264. Think its actually a little higher but it counts even snap hooks that go no where lol.

I wont be satisfied. It's a case of always wanting to play better. Although distance without accuracy is a waste really.

I'd love to be able to carry my driver 250. I average about 230 now, maybe a bit shy of it, but get very little roll due to a high ball flight. A new driver may be in store for me in the next year or so. perhaps a fitting will do me some good with a lesson or 3.

I'd be happy with a consistent 250 yards. I think that's completely possible with some work.

Same for me, would mean on a 400yd par 4 I would have short iron in. Would make playing blue tees a lot more comfortable to this hacker.

Haven't hit my new driver in anger yet. The LM said about 225 carry. Would love it to be higher but at my age and swing speed I think I'd be happy if I can get it consistent and with tight dispersion at that distance...

260-270

Back