Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Really enjoyed the 4h and 5h today. Finally able to hit these outside at a demo day. Not my best swing as I indulged a little to much last night. A smooth swing really produces a great result with this club. Pondering dropping a 5i in place of the 5h.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I just did that very thing. Might be the best move I've made in my bag in a long time.

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3

I don't remember the last time I hit my 5i during a round. It's basically a wasted spot in the bag right now. Seems like a logical move.

I don't remember the last time I hit my 5i during a round. It's basically a wasted spot in the bag right now. Seems like a logical move.

I was in the same boat late last year. I used my 5i only to "punch out" back into the fairway. Very rarely used it and dropped it. Put in the 23* hybrid to fill the 180-195 spot & just picked up the 16* to fill that 210-220 spot.

I was in the same boat late last year. I used my 5i only to "punch out" back into the fairway. Very rarely used it and dropped it. Put in the 23* hybrid to fill the 180-195 spot & just picked up the 16* to fill that 210-220 spot.

Things may change as I start taking lessons but as of now I would rather choke down on my 4h.

Things may change as I start taking lessons but as of now I would rather choke down on my 4h.

That was the reason the 5i left the bag. Lessons helped me and I was finding myself less and less in trouble off the tee.

Good luck.

All of this talk about the 3H is killing me. I'm due a trip to the Golfsmith anyways. I'll be taking the F5 with me to hit against it and the 18˚ X2Hot Pro. If one of them can take the F5 out of the bag I'll be impressed as it always seems to find it's way in there.

Really wish I went with the 4H instead of the 3H. I had a 3H and 5H last year of the XHot and I hit those higher. I am having alot of trouble holding greens with the 3H this year. Not nearly as high. At least I know for my MC bag.

I have the standard x2Hot 3 hybrid (19*) and 3 wood (15*) arriving within the next few days, but shafted with the Tour Green rather than the stock Tour Blue.

I've really enjoyed the 2Deep recently with its Tour Green feeling great and performing well, so I have high hopes for the new arrivals!

Saw a total of 6 tee shots at Augusta today, one was with an x2hot hybrid and it was smoked. Sounded excellent off the face.

Of course, a pro was hitting hit but...

I have the standard x2Hot 3 hybrid (19*) and 3 wood (15*) arriving within the next few days, but shafted with the Tour Green rather than the stock Tour Blue.

I've really enjoyed the 2Deep recently with its Tour Green feeling great and performing well, so I have high hopes for the new arrivals!

Can you hit the 2 deep off the deck? Did you compare it to the SLDR mini or new ping rapture?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Can you hit the 2 deep off the deck? Did you compare it to the SLDR mini or new ping rapture?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

It's not easy to flush it from the deck, so I'm using it from the tee only. I've not hit either of the others to compare.

Used the 4h 6 times and the 3h off of the tee 4 times. The 4h was money off the deck. Just a beautiful high pearling flight. I really struggled with the 3h off the tee though. I'm sure it was all mental though.

So hit the standard 3H as well as the 18˚ pro version today at GS. Not a ton of time so just 10-20 swings each. Something was hinky about my swing and I was hitting pop-ups off the mats, so no distance comparisons really. This is an issue I have regularly hitting in sims indoors... Totally mental. That said, the standard 3H felt pretty awesome in hand. The Pro didn't feel bad either but the standard just seemed to set up well for me. Need to find somewhere that I can hit these outdoors.

Put one of these in play today; had the 19* 3hybrid and it's just a bomber. Hit it about 6 times in today's round and other than one miss hit where I hit behind the ball... it just performs. Great feel and love the sound your rewarded with on a good shot. I put the 85g tour blue shaft in it and really do like it better than the stock Callaway shaft but I do better with heavier shafts in all my hybrids / woods / driver. Super easy to hit both off the ground and off the tee with great results. First round out with it's current set up so need to dial in it's distance but will be in the bag for the season to be sure.

Hit this a few times today and I still just love this thing. Such an easy club to swing and get results from. I will continue to get acquainted with it and I am sure it will be a staple in the bag for a long time.

I hit the 3h at DSG today. Crummy simulator but was reading 230-240 so let's call it 220-230 maybe. I like that...ALOT. need to hit it live tho. Or maybe on a better sim before I drop the $$.

Club swings easy, sounds and feels great. So much like my Mashie+.

Hit mine 4 times during the round today...did not miss once...it is the real deal and continues to impress

Anyone gaming the x2hot pro 23 hybrid. Loving my 20 degree but trying to lessen the gap between my 4 iron and 20* hybrid by replacing the 4 iron. Wondering how most people are slotting the 23* in their bags

Anyone gaming the x2hot pro 23 hybrid. Loving my 20 degree but trying to lessen the gap between my 4 iron and 20* hybrid by replacing the 4 iron. Wondering how most people are slotting the 23* in their bags

My current setup is 20° X2H it hybo to 4 iron as well. Hybo 240, 4i 215, 5i 205. I'm happy with the gap from 4 to 5 iron. I think I can live with 25 yd gap between 4i and hybo

Got out to hit these hybrids again over the weekend. Took my F5 with me to compare. I was ready to walk out of the store with either a hybrid or 5 wood, but to be honest neither of the X2 Hots held up to the F5. Now I changed out the shaft and have obviously been gaming this club for a while but my longest shot off the tee was the same as the X2 3 wood and my off the deck results were more consistent than I was with the X2 5W or either of the hybrids. I'm gonna hang on to the F5 for now and give it a run again later. If I'm lucky with some time outdoors. :) Loving the driver, so I expected for these to be an easy transition, but so far haven't seen the results I expected...

I hit the 23* hybrid yesterday several times. Up until now I've really only had range time with it & while I appreciated the ball flight and distances I was seeing, actually seeing those distances translate on the course is another thing.

This is my 185-195 club & it delivered those distances easily. If I had to go after one i'm sure it would easily give me around 200, but I don't like to over swing because that usually leads to back results. I also picked up the 16*pro and while I need to get used to the lower ball flight the Tour Green, the distance is there and useful for tighter tee shots. It's still early, but I like what I am seeing so far and I am looking forward to this season with these two in the bag.

I can now say I'm a first time owner of a Callaway club, an X2 Hot 20 degree pro hybrid. Looking forward to getting this out to the range and course.

I hit this club today it on the range for the first time and even though the balls to were beat up they still came off the club like rockets. I was able to hit a fade or draw a well as hit a lower stinger type of shot with ease. I am really impressed with how this club feels and performs.

I hit this club today it on the range for the first time and even though the balls to were beat up they still came off the club like rockets. I was able to hit a fade or draw a well as hit a lower stinger type of shot with ease. I am really impressed with how this club feels and performs.

There is just something about these. I was hitting mine off of grass at the range today and the 3h and 4h were just so easy to get the ball up and out there.

I've hit a couple rotten shots with mine last round, but it's just a user issue. Same tired miss I see when the old swing rears it's head. At the range I purposely hit some extra balls with it to iron that out and fired off some good ones. Love the trajectory this produces for me. Mid-high balls (relative to my norm), but it just carries, even in the wind. Launch monitor tells me it's on the lower spin side for me, though not extreme like some others have been this year. High enough that I'm getting height and carry.

Back