UST Mamiya Elements Chrome - THP Preview

And this one is officially curing in the Bio adapter. Lesson tomorrow, which will make for an interesting debut, but there will be some extra range time dedicated to this among other things afterwards for sure. Very very intrigued as I've not spent a ton of time with UST offerings in the past.

So, the decision to go this way aesthetically was really really smart by UST. Still plenty of flash but no clash even with a brightly colored driver like my red Bio Cell. Will snap a pic of the setup today for everyone to see, that chrome-like finish that is also in the recoils just looks fantastic on this one leading into the head.

Mid launch and a touch lower spin than the red tie maybe? That sounds really really good.

This would make me a happy camper.

Will be tipping this one tonight, going to get some final numbers from the stock setup on the Bio today first though.

So glad this is getting the Cobra adapter on it.

So, the decision to go this way aesthetically was really really smart by UST. Still plenty of flash but no clash even with a brightly colored driver like my red Bio Cell. Will snap a pic of the setup today for everyone to see, that chrome-like finish that is also in the recoils just looks fantastic on this one leading into the head.

I really like the looks and saw first hand this weekend how bad a head and shaft pairing can look when there is a lot going on with both. Really looking forward to this one.

I really like the looks and saw first hand this weekend how bad a head and shaft pairing can look when there is a lot going on with both. Really looking forward to this one.

I'm curious to see if we start seeing more shaft manufacturers take this into consideration, I know performance SHOULD trump all and for many it does, but lets face it, some are about aesthetics too right or wrong.

I'm curious to see if we start seeing more shaft manufacturers take this into consideration, I know performance SHOULD trump all and for many it does, but lets face it, some are about aesthetics too right or wrong.

It is a tough call for them. I am sure they want the shaft to stand out, especially on TV, but they do need to take all the different color options into account.

great looking shaft, i'll follow along to hear your thoughts on it.

this shaft looked sharp in all the different club heads down at the show. Can't wait for James to lay down some knowledge on us

this shaft looked sharp in all the different club heads down at the show. Can't wait for James to lay down some knowledge on us

It really did, which reminds me, THP TV had some good info on the line directly from UST at the PGA Show:

Danny was full of information for this offering.

Several thoughts running around in my head on this one, I'll get into the tech side more here soon but during my lesson it got a workout. Definitely mid launch and lower spin than I anticipated, extremely stable as well.

More soon.

Several thoughts running around in my head on this one, I'll get into the tech side more here soon but during my lesson it got a workout. Definitely mid launch and lower spin than I anticipated, extremely stable as well.

More soon.

Sounds like a great combination to me! It will be interesting to hear how the stability plays into your preferences.

I've seen people raving about these shafts. Definitely following your thoughts on this J. ?

I've seen people raving about these shafts. Definitely following your thoughts on this J. 

You're right, there is a LOT of buzz about this one right now and its making more sense to me.

Again yesterday yielded mid launch and solidly low spin. Trajectory into some BIG winds was never an issue. In the end it comes down to the user and being fit, but this appears an extremely promising offering from UST, they have really got something with the Recoil tech.

I need to hit this in a Bio Cell+ in a bad way.

I need to hit this in a Bio Cell+ in a bad way.

Hahaha, I would like to as well. Means I need to go visit #Cookie soon.

You're right, there is a LOT of buzz about this one right now and its making more sense to me.

Again yesterday yielded mid launch and solidly low spin. Trajectory into some BIG winds was never an issue. In the end it comes down to the user and being fit, but this appears an extremely promising offering from UST, they have really got something with the Recoil tech.

Something that keeps popping into my head is changing shafts as a reflection of the type of day outside. low to mid launch for the windy days, mid high launch for the calm days..

Would you ever consider doing something like that?

Also, are the numbers in carry and total roll optimal to this point?

Something that keeps popping into my head is changing shafts as a reflection of the type of day outside. low to mid launch for the windy days, mid high launch for the calm days..

Would you ever consider doing something like that?

Also, are the numbers in carry and total roll optimal to this point?

For me, nah, I'd be more inclined to just adjust the loft on the head accordingly since I'm playing an adjustable head 99% of the time anyways.

It was pretty solid all around, getting carry that I like to see and still a good bit of roll here, nothing I would complain about. It reminds me of the Red-Tie launch wise but with less spin, a solid bit less spin. The feel reminds me a lot of the recoils which makes sense and is a compliment for sure.

I have a 7F4T in an i25 driver. Solid performance for me, over the holes I have played, so far. More than enough stability, and a mid to slightly above mid trajectory. With the low spin i25, this could be long - hope I hit a few of those this season.

I am a Matrix homer, but would like to give the Chrome a try in my fairway woods, too. Not sure how to justify that cost, yet.

Back