Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Fairway Wood Preview

I used my Bio Cell 5/7 three times in yesterday's round and all 3 were picture perfect.
Twice was off the tee on short par 4's and I saw a piercing, high ball flight that was right on the money. The third was after an iffy tee shot on the par 5 18th, I needed a solid 2nd to get me into scoring position so I pulled this bad boy and let 'er rip off the deck. Same piercing ball flight that reaches it's apex and then just falls from the sky gracefully. LOVE IT! The sound this club makes when you hit one on the screws is intoxicating and just makes you want to hit it again.

Hit bio cell + yesterday and it was possibly my favorite one, loved everything about it

Really like the + 3/4 with the red tie. Solid club!

The regular 5w is the winner for me. At 17* and paired with a heavier shaft, it was unreal the last two days off the tee AND off the deck, repetitive success.

Best yet, the distance I was seeing from the tee. More than enough for what I want it for and will want it for in the MC. No need to make the game harder than it already is.

My Bio Cell 5/7 wood showed up yesterday. I had a range session and my round today with it. I have it set to 17 degrees and this thing just performs. It's great off the tee and of the deck. This is a winner for me for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Bio Cell 5/7 wood showed up yesterday. I had a range session and my round today with it. I have it set to 17 degrees and this thing just performs. It's great off the tee and of the deck. This is a winner for me for sure

Its a surprising sucker isn't it dude? Off the deck this year is DEF improved from the AMP Cell.

It really is. I loved the bafflers from a couple if years ago and honestly was not thrilled with the Amp Cell fairways. I put the bafflers back int bag until the bio cell arrived

I used my Bio Cell 3/4 off of 5 tee boxes today on a tight course and couldn't have been happier. All 5 found the fairway and were out there with my playing partners' drivers.

High, long, and easy to hit straight, this club is a winner.

It really is. I loved the bafflers from a couple if years ago and honestly was not thrilled with the Amp Cell fairways. I put the bafflers back int bag until the bio cell arrived

The move by them to shallow it out to help off the deck was a wise one. I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan. The + isn't a thought for me anymore.

The move by them to shallow it out to help off the deck was a wise one. I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan. The + isn't a thought for me anymore.

I agree 100%. I don't think I will even hit the +. I think the regular just fits me perfectly

Last edited:
I agree 100%. I don't think I will even hit the +. I think the regular just guys me perfectly

I love the + 3w I reviewed, I thoroughly enjoy it, but under MC pressure, I don't need to go smaller.

Jman, On the size of these clubs, I am hitting an old Cobra SZ 3 wood with steel shaft, which one, the Bio Cell +, or bio cell, would be closer in head size to the SZ? I would be using the new 3 wood off of the tee as well as hitting off the deck. Which one would you suggest? I live in the sticks and do not have anywhere within 100 miles to look at them. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Jman, On the size of these clubs, I am hitting an old Cobra SZ 3 wood with steel shaft, which one, the Bio Cell +, or bio cell, would be closer in head size to the SZ? I would be using the new 3 wood off of the tee as well as hitting off the deck. Which one would you suggest? I live in the sticks and do not have anywhere within 100 miles to look at them. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking at pic's of those that's a pretty deep fairway isn't it?

I'd def say the Bio and not the Bio+, the + is tiny, its a true throwback in overall size. The regular Bio elevates really good for me off the deck and its a weapon off the tee too bc its still got some solid depth. For the prices I'm seeing they're def worth a look for ya, really pleased with my Bio 5w.

Thank you sir. I really like my old cobra and i hear nothing but good things about the bio cell. The only way i get to hit different clubs is when someone at my club buys one and lets everyone hit it, nobody has purchased one yet. Going to go with 3 wood set on 13. Got my driver on 8.5 and have a hybrid i can set on 17 and then I20 ping irons 3-SW. Like the adjustment range on the bio cell. Some days i will leave the 64 degree wedge at home and take the hybrid and other days leave the hybrid at home and adjust the cobra up to fill the gap. Lots of versatility it appears with the bio cell.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

WOW tiny head on the + version but killer looks for both. might have to find a reason to get rid of my amp cell 3 for one of these

WOW tiny head on the + version but killer looks for both. might have to find a reason to get rid of my amp cell 3 for one of these

I was honestly a big fan of the AC, but the Bio really is an improvement.

Yesterday, again, I hit this ridiculously well off the tee AND the deck in my range session. The distances I'm seeing out of the 5w set to 17 should give me a tremendous weapon for setting myself and my partner up to spots in the MC. I am going to spend some more time with the + 3w again and hash out for sure if maybe going 3w/5w is an even better option. Well, or at least seeing if the 3w set to 16* can get me a bit more off the tee and still be easy off the deck like the 5w.

Then again, I think why screw with it?

Hit the + again this morning with the stock, nice. Have to find the D+, oh wait Kang is bringing one with him on Monday! Draw, check. Fade, check. Boom, check.

Just realized I put my thoughts above in the + thread, I will NOT be going + in the MC. No way no how.

Yesterday, again, I hit this ridiculously well off the tee AND the deck in my range session. The distances I'm seeing out of the 5w set to 17 should give me a tremendous weapon for setting myself and my partner up to spots in the MC. I am going to spend some more time with the + 3w again and hash out for sure if maybe going 3w/5w is an even better option. Well, or at least seeing if the 3w set to 16* can get me a bit more off the tee and still be easy off the deck like the 5w.

Thats what Im pondering at the moment as well. Do I go only 5w or throw both the 5w and 3w in my MC bag. I guess the decesion will be made once I can get my hands on the 3w and see what kind of distance gap there is between the two

Just realized I put my thoughts above in the + thread, I will NOT be going + in the MC. No way no how.

In that boat with you as well man. I havnt even seen the + fww but I jave no desire to hit it. I only carry one wood now and more than likely the mc bag will reflect the same. I just cant even ponder something that required such precision in a wood. Ill be taking the bigger, easier for me to hit, and forgiving head.

In that boat with you as well man. I havnt even seen the + fww but I jave no desire to hit it. I only carry one wood now and more than likely the mc bag will reflect the same. I just cant even ponder something that required such precision in a wood. Ill be taking the bigger, easier for me to hit, and forgiving head.

Oh I adore the + fairway, I truly do, its a bomber for me. But in a pressure event, I'll avoid the smaller face, just me though, I'm sure others will rock the + well.

Got to really spend some time hitting my Bio Cell 5 wood and I absolutely love it.

Absolutely love the ball flight I am seeing with it and the club is really easy to hit.

Got to really spend some time hitting my Bio Cell 5 wood and I absolutely love it.

Absolutely love the ball flight I am seeing with it and the club is really easy to hit.

It really is, LOTS of good fairways out this year but I'm not sure I've had the off the tee AND deck success with others that I have with the Bio 5w.

It really is, LOTS of good fairways out this year but I'm not sure I've had the off the tee AND deck success with others that I have with the Bio 5w.

That is for me. The more I am hitting the 5w either off the tee or off the deck, I am gaining A LOT of confidence with it. Feel like I can use it in any situation.

Back