Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's round I used a 5 iron to hole out from 153 yards.

Thought I hit it fat, and even might have cursed the shot before seeing it hit the front of the green and start rolling toward the flag before disappearing.

I also chipped in from 35-40 Yards, that one I got lucky (But I hear luck counts too) Hit a mound left of the green and it rolled down onto the green, proceeded down a tier of the green and found the bottom of the cup somehow.

One of the more embarrassing moments in golf is when you think you've missed it, let out a series of expletives, and the ball ends up dead on target. I've done it many times, CJ, over the years, and it's still embarrassing.

One of the more embarrassing moments in golf is when you think you've missed it, let out a series of expletives, and the ball ends up dead on target. I've done it many times, CJ, over the years, and it's still embarrassing.

It sure was, my buddy said, "what do you mean? its dead at the flag, you're on the green", then not 3 seconds later it drops.
I just looked over at him with a smile...

From Saturdays scramble, my tee shot on a par 3 playing 214. The longest par 3 I can ever remember playing. Add to that strong winds blowing right to left at least 30mph at that point. Hit my 2 hybrid to the left side of the green. When we got up to the green the spotter there said I was the 10th player to hit the green all day by his count, and by that point around 120 players had played the hole.

Best shot of my round yesterday was hole 17, 416 yard par 4. I'd hooked a drive into the rough on the right side leaving me 206 to the pin. Took out my trusty Xhot Pro 4h and just hit it purely. Ended up getting up on the green to about 15 feet. Still surprised and stoked I pulled it off, I was just hoping to get close enough to chip up with coming out of the rough. Sadly I missed the birdie putt, but had a tap in for par.

Last edited:

Jordan Spieth knows a thing or two about that after today...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Best shot of my round yesterday was hole 17, 416 yard par 4. I'd hooked a drive into the rough on the right side leaving me 209 to the pin. Took out my trusty Xhot Pro 4h and just hit it purely. Ended up getting up on the green to about 15 feet. Still surprised and stoked I pulled it off, I was just hoping to get close enough to chip up with coming out of the rough. Sadly I missed the birdie putt, but had a tap in for par.

Checkered is being humble here. This shot took some cojones and was picture perfect.

The best part of the video is when you can hear John giggling after realizing he just pulled off the shot haha. The video is complete crap because I got stuck messing with the zoom as John was swinging so his swing didn't make it on camera, but it shows the situation nicely.

[video=youtube;u6m24-5k4QE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6m24-5k4QE[/video]

Here's a pic that shows what the video doesn't.

Saturday's round, best shot was on the 9th hole. I drained a 35 foot uphill right to left birdie putt.

Sunday's round, best shot on the 5th hole, 130 yard PW to 18 inches. (made the kick in bird)

Had a couple of good shots today. Sunk a 25 footer for birdie on a par 5 and dropped a flippity floppity flop shot from 30 yards to 6ft, giving my self a chance to save par after hitting my second into the water (par 5...dumb play).

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Hit my 13* from the deck with little grass underneath into the wind onto the green for a putt for eagle. Didn't make the putt but two putted for a birdie.

Hit my 13* from the deck with little grass underneath into the wind onto the green for a putt for eagle. Didn't make the putt but two putted for a birdie.

#beastmode
Great job man

Our #9 is a short (140 blue tees) par 3 but exposed to the wind. It is always difficult to determine if the wind is "helping" or not. I guessed wrong yesterday and my nine iron which looked perfect in the air was knocked down short into the deep bunker in front of the flag. The surface of the green was at eye level for me so I had a good view to watch my pitch from the sand hit and trickle into the cup for a birdie.

Par 4 6th; my drive lands in a fairway bunker and chunk my sand shot coming out. I hit an 8 iron from 140 yards out to about 6 feet and made the downhill putt to save par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't pick one out of a few...and I mean FEW....

First par 3 of the day was playing 150 into the wind over water:
34849B80-38D8-4ACA-B3D6-65914040E176_zpsxgv22uc0.jpg

I hit an 8 iron to here (missed the putt).....
2AB19213-93A7-4005-BA66-15EBD51A4C46_zpsie3a20bx.jpg

First par 3 on the back has always given me fits. I lasered the flag at 176 into the wind:
234961A8-ABF7-4DBD-9997-80C1BB36766B_zpsomyedmkd.jpg

And hit my 7 iron to here (and THREE PUTTED :banghead:)
62EF9069-75B4-44A4-9BD7-794C173CCE60_zpscgcnie8f.jpg

This was a 60 degree Hopkins wedge from 58 yards:
E8E4A8D1-F5B0-4051-A7F8-BC72415C985B_zpsawnpaczy.jpg

And lastly, no pictures, but the 11th hole is a par 5 playing at 490 yards. I hit my Big Bertha dead center of the fairway leaving me 195 out. Hit my Classic 3H just about pin high, but the wind blew it just off the green to the right. I then pitched my 56 degree Hopkins to about 10 feet; and actually dropped the putt for birdie. Certainly the hole of the day in a pretty forgettable round.

3rd shot into a par 5, into the wind. I hit a great LW that bit and stopped 2' from the cup. Made the birdie.

Par 3 ~145 yds steep up hill, hit an 8 iron to within 6 feet. Two putted for my par. Would have liked the birdie, but I was OK with it.

9th hole 150 yards. I hit a 9 iron and caught it very thin, but ended up nice. This is the back of the green, and when it was rolling I thought it was going in. Unfortunately missed the birdie putt, but saved par.

60 yard wedge shot on par 5 to one putt birdie

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

18 today at wildcat highlands in Houston, dead into a stiff 2/3 club wind sliced my drive into the back green side bunker on #10 over a waste area from 156 out of trap with a 6 iron into the wind to 8 feet. Bad news is missed the putt.

Had a really nice pitch shot to get up and down for par. Ball was in the rough with a uphill lie and I carried it almost to the hole. The ball stopped about 5 inches from the cup for a tap in par.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Made the putt, too.

Best shot today was a knockdown 9i from 155 that snugged up to the pin inside of 2'. Easy tap in for birdie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back