Callaway and Aldila Tour Blue shafts

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
I can't seem to find the answer online so I am asking here incase anyone has experience with ordering it directly from Callaway. Has anyone been able to order the new fairways or hybrids with the aftermarket Aldila Tour Blue shafts, not the made for Callaway stock blue shafts? If so, how did you go about it. I tried to do it via the website coudn't find that shaft option?

my birthday presents got here friday.
fairways yes (even got a bertha fw in aldilla blue to match the x2hot) hybrids no
i checked with golf galaxy and our local uintah golf (former edwin watts) they can get the aldilla blue if i want for the hybrid

oh yeah. are you clicking the dot for factory installed - custom then graphite then aldilla on the website?

Best bet would be to give them a call directly

Just make sure the weight is correct for aftermarket 65 grams not 60

I did try that but it doesn't reference the weight of the shaft like the other options under the custom selection.

The shaft in the clubs are the real deal not made fir

The shaft in the clubs are the real deal not made fir

That's good to know. My mistake then. Thought since the X2Hot graphic is on the shaft in addition to the aldila graphics it was a made for. Does that mean they don't offer it in heavier weight than 60g?

That's good to know. My mistake then. Thought since the X2Hot graphic is on the shaft in addition to the aldila graphics it was a made for. Does that mean they don't offer it in heavier weight than 60g?

That would be a question for Callaway as to their options

The 60gram Blue on the X2Hot Driver/fairway/hybrid is a made for the 65 gram green in the X2hot pro is the real deal

The 60gram Blue is a made for the 65 gram green in the X2hot pro is the real deal

Thank you. I think it is the same with the hybrids in non-pro and pro.

and @CallawayCS has responded to my inquiry:

the 85g tour blue is not an option in any of our product currently. We offer the tour green, it’s 78g in stiff and x-stiff flexes.

I just confirmed that the shafts are the real deal

I just confirmed that the shafts are the real deal

I had a Callaway rep tell me a coulple weeks ago that the Green is the real thing in the pros but the X2hot they modifed the weight and profile to better fit the head even though it is very similar to the original tour blue he does not consider it the exact same

The x2Hot graphics would suggest the Tour Blue is 'made for' the standard head. This does not infer lesser quality, etc. etc., it just means it is not identicial to the aftermarket Tour Blue.

I'd be interested to see any evidence to the contrary...

The x2Hot graphics would suggest the Tour Blue is 'made for' the standard head. This does not infer lesser quality, etc. etc., it just means it is not identicial to the aftermarket Tour Blue.

I'd be interested to see any evidence to the contrary...

The shaft in the X2Hot line is lighter and different than the aftermarket version. Harry said this specifically in one of the first Cally Talks videos when the line came out.

The shaft in the X2Hot line is lighter and different than the aftermarket version. Harry said this specifically in one of the first Cally Talks videos when the line came out.

Thread closed. :act-up:

Back