Ocean City -- 2014 Invitational #4 extra Rounds and Misc discussions

any idea where dinner will be on Saturday evening?

No, I've been slacking on this. That river run place was a no go and I just haven't put in any time looking for something else. I'll have to figure this out soon.

Taps away

Check out the Lankford and bedtime Inn. Seem the most reasonable. I'm found the bedtime Inn simple because the rooms are big and newly renovated. Think a majority of people are staying at the Lanford though

Just a heads up, Tall Tales is about 30 minutes from Lighthouse and 35 from Rum Pointe. And probably about 45 from the Lankford.
I'll just give a little advice with OC, West OC and the bridge...make sure you either have a DD or call a cab. DO NOT venture across the bridge (either of them) after enjoying your round on the course. There are a few places in West OC that are solid and enjoyable, and the bar area at Lighhouse is going to be tough to leave.

Lighthouse is kind of in no man's land, so it may be best to just head back to the island and hit someplace along Coastal Highway instead of meandering around everywhere... Dead Freddie's, Mackeys, and Fish Tales are good choices on the island

Fom Rum Pointe, there are several places you pass before you get to the bridge to head back into OC. The Greene Turtle, Harborside (THE original orange crush place), and Sunset Grille/Teasers Pub are great places to hang out. Guaranteed you will see other golfers and have a friendly crowd.

Just bumping this up if you're interested in the Sunday round send me a PM, I'm going to coordinate the groups with Mike next week. Even if you're not sure yet, we can get you on the list.

Put me in for both rounds

Just bumping this up if you're interested in the Sunday round send me a PM, I'm going to coordinate the groups with Mike next week. Even if you're not sure yet, we can get you on the list.

PM sent. Maybe duplicate.

PM Sent.

Jesse, looks like we're bunking it up Friday!

Sounds good Joe! Just got back from NOLA so I need to do some catch up around here.

I forgot to mention about Sunday.

Sunday tee times we can only book out 24 hours in advance because of the heavily discounted rounds we have locked down for Sunday (a course like this sells out in the summer, so in theory they are losing revenues for all those rounds on Friday). So it may be better to plan a 2nd round at another location otherwise we wont be able to specific tee times until that Saturday (which is still an option). I'll help out in any way I can.

I forgot to mention about Sunday.

Sunday tee times we can only book out 24 hours in advance because of the heavily discounted rounds we have locked down for Sunday (a course like this sells out in the summer, so in theory they are losing revenues for all those rounds on Friday). So it may be better to plan a 2nd round at another location otherwise we wont be able to specific tee times until that Saturday (which is still an option). I'll help out in any way I can.
I like the idea of a different course for Sunday anyway. I'm sure Rum Pointe is incredible, but playing it three times in three days is a bit redundant IMO. Throw in the fact that if we get a bunch of guys that want to play Sunday, with no guarantees of tee times until the day of the Invitational, I'd hate to see anybody shut out from playing.

I like the idea of a different course for Sunday anyway. I'm sure Rum Pointe is incredible, but playing it three times in three days is a bit redundant IMO. Throw in the fact that if we get a bunch of guys that want to play Sunday, with no guarantees of tee times until the day of the Invitational, I'd hate to see anybody shut out from playing.

Agree, not sure what other courses are there in the area but Im sure we can track down a local or 2 to help out

I like that idea as well. I'm open to anything though. I've heard good things about The Bay Club FWIW...

Using Tapatalk

If you guys lock down a location and a headcount, I can try to work my magic to get a lower price, just keep me in the loop

If you guys lock down a location and a headcount, I can try to work my magic to get a lower price, just keep me in the loop

Great thanks MD, currently my head Count is at 12 and I have it open for another week, I'm hoping we get a few more...

Using Tapatalk

thanks OITW and MD for setting all this up.

Great thanks MD, currently my head Count is at 12 and I have it open for another week, I'm hoping we get a few more...

Using Tapatalk

Let me know where you guys are thinking about Sundays round. I could be in but I just need to make sure the price is right. Already have quite a bit of golf set up with 2 rounds Friday and the event Saturday.

I will keep checking this thread.

Thanks for all your work getting this set up.

Fabulous!

I'll throw a few ideas out there for you guys....
Not sure what direction everyone is headed, but will start closest to OC and work away.
Eagles Landing, Newport Bay at Ocean City Golf, Man 'O War at GlenRiddle, River Run are all solid choices that won't kill the bank. If you are looking for one of the best kept tracks in the area, Bayside might be a possibility. But understand, it's one of the most expensive ones too. (As a side bar, it's a Nicklaus design, not my fav course guy, and the 18th is trbl.)

Heading north up 113, you could hit Baywood Greens in Longneck, DE or Bear Trap Dunes in Ocean View. Or hop over to 13 in Bridgeville and play Heritage Shores.
If you are going across the Bay Bridge to the western shore of MD, River Marsh is in Cambridge, Hog Neck is in Easton and Queenstown is where 50 and 404 meet.

HELP!!!

I neglected to get a room booked and now everywhere is STUPID expensive. Does anyone need a roommate for Thursday and Friday? If not I'm sleeping on the beach like a hobo or driving the 2.5 hrs from Baltimore everyday. Neither are good options. I'm game for couch/floor/cot.

Thanks

there are still a few rooms avaiable where we are staying
http://www.lankfordhotel.com/
HELP!!!

I neglected to get a room booked and now everywhere is STUPID expensive. Does anyone need a roommate for Thursday and Friday? If not I'm sleeping on the beach like a hobo or driving the 2.5 hrs from Baltimore everyday. Neither are good options. I'm game for couch/floor/cot.

Thanks

Bedtime Inn has rooms for cheap if you can't find anyone to bunk with

HELP!!!

Thanks

Randy, a few of us myself, tpluff, and GolfnFF are in the same boat. If you want to set up a room and split 4 ways I think that will be good with us.

Just need Friday and Saturday nights I believe.

I also sent ya a text.

Randy, a few of us myself, tpluff, and GolfnFF are in the same boat. If you want to set up a room and split 4 ways I think that will be good with us.

Just need Friday and Saturday nights I believe.

I also sent ya a text.

You could rent out your van.

An option might be the east side of Salisbury. Only about 30 minutes to Rum Pointe and Lighthouse....Microtel by Wyndham is 123 a night...

Back