Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

So now bears the question:

Who killed JR? (Joff)

Dantos was in on it as the scene at the end when he took Sansa away. But he couldn't have acted alone. I don't think he was all that together to pull this off.

Was the cake or the wine poisoned? Both? Could Cersei have killed her own son?This would never, ever happen. Cersei is bat s**t crazy over Joff, an integral part of Cersei character development is her children. She was about to lose power?Some characters did believe this, but she believed she could still control him. She ordered all the leftovers be given to the dogs before King Joff's death. Did she know something?

Was it grandma Tyrell? She spoke to Sansa in a very key scene before the death. Was she in on it? Did she slip the poison into King Joff's cup?

Was it Oberyn getting the much wanted revenge on the Lannister family? Remember, Oberyn is concerned with who killed his sister, the mountain.... :wink:
So many questions!!!!!
I don't know how much they hinted at this in the episode, but Sansa's headpiece had black amethysts on it. Similarly described as the one the Maester drank when trying to kill Melisandre over in Dragonstone. In the books it is eventually made quite clear that SPOILER was reliable for their deaths.
Spoiler
Olenna Tyrell and Petry Baelish planned it. Dontos is simply used as a pawn, and disposed of. It will be made clear, too, why they had their motives.
Right around here was definitely the biggest plot twist so far... so much happens that makes you love characters you wouldn't necessarily expect to, and you will be on the edge of your seat the entire time. Here's where it speeds up and starts getting "good" again. It was getting a bit dull for a while.

I don't know how much they hinted at this in the episode, but Sansa's headpiece had black amethysts on it. Similarly described as the one the Maester drank when trying to kill Melisandre over in Dragonstone. In the books it is eventually made quite clear that SPOILER was reliable for their deaths.
Spoiler
Olenna Tyrell and Petry Baelish planned it. Dontos is simply used as a pawn, and disposed of. It will be made clear, too, why they had their motives.
Right around here was definitely the biggest plot twist so far... so much happens that makes you love characters you wouldn't necessarily expect to, and you will be on the edge of your seat the entire time. Here's where it speeds up and starts getting "good" again. It was getting a bit dull for a while.

They didn't really make note of it, just a passing glance as far as I could tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spoiler

you and I must have read different books

How so? It has been a little over a year since I finished them...

That's awesome that even people that have read the books have different opinions on who ultimately killed the King. Man he's good.

I watched the scene of the wedding again, and it's pretty interesting.

1. Old Lady Tyrel was standing there, talking to Sansa, and it appeared she may have taken one of those things from her necklace.
2. When Joffrey makes Tyrion pick up his cup, it's under the table, and Sansa hands it to Tyrion.
3. When Tyrion pours the wine, it is from a pitcher that has been sitting directly in front of Cersei.
4. When the pie arrives, Joffrey hands his cup to Marjorie, who has some moments alone with it.
5. When Joffrey starts drinking again, the cup has been sitting directly in front of Old Lady Tyrel.
6. When Joff starts choking, that fool guy immediately grabs Sansa and tells her it's time to GTFO.

There are numerous people who had motive and opportunity to poison Joffrey. The wedding is filled with people who would love to see him die.

That's awesome that even people that have read the books have different opinions on who ultimately killed the King. Man he's good.
i think it's pretty clear and adamant who killed him in the books.

While I understand that, I had to rewind it a couple of times to figure out who he was supposed to be. Just saying it seemed odd.
The new guy has a beard but it ain't forked or blue.

It threw me too, I had to figure out who he was. I don't understand why they don't give him the blue beard. It's not that expensive to do, and it's kind of Daario's signature look.

It threw me too, I had to figure out who he was. I don't understand why they don't give him the blue beard. It's not that expensive to do, and it's kind of Daario's signature look.

And his sword hilts aren't exactly right either. I know this is just splitting hairs but the devil is in the details.

I appreciated Dinkledges acting chops during the purple wedding scene. His pride and yet the smashing of his dignity in conflict made for a great scene. And to see Sansa finally warm up to him was touching with handing him the cup.

I am excited that book 4 stuff is getting accelerated into this season.

It's going to be interesting when the show catches up to the books in about 3 years. Because my guess is the next book won't come out until about 2016, at which point they will likely at least be planning to film the material from that book.

And his sword hilts aren't exactly right either. I know this is just splitting hairs but the devil is in the details.

I noticed them last season...they didn't point them out, but they were there. I didn't notice this time.

Book readers: do you enjoy watching the show? If I had never read the books my opinion would probably be different, but I am really surprised how well the show is doing; to me it just doesn't seem as good as everyone else thinks it is. It is such a rich story and naturally, some of that is lost in the tv show, which might be why I'm not too fond of it. What do you think?

Book readers: do you enjoy watching the show? If I had never read the books my opinion would probably be different, but I am really surprised how well the show is doing; to me it just doesn't seem as good as everyone else thinks it is. It is such a rich story and naturally, some of that is lost in the tv show, which might be why I'm not too fond of it. What do you think?

I enjoy the show the same as I enjoyed the books. Could more detail be added to the show? Sure but every episode would be 3 hours long.
Great cast and acting plus I think it is visually intriguing.

I enjoy the show the same as I enjoyed the books. Could more detail be added to the show? Sure but every episode would be 3 hours long.
Great cast and acting plus I think it is visually intriguing.

I agree that you can't add the necessary detail to a TV show, which is why shows that have a great story and are designed to be TV shows like BB or House of Cards are so good. They don't require the detail that a fantasy novel demands. I also wasn't sure if I liked how they bounced back in forth between characters. Seems odd for a tv show but then I don't really see how else they could do it. I will agree the casting is excellent.

Loved the Joffrey death, and the extra details with the entertainers and Sansa/Tyrion dynamic.

I watched so closely trying to see how the actual killing was done, to see if it sort of coincided with what happens in the book.

I agree that you can't add the necessary detail to a TV show, which is why shows that have a great story and are designed to be TV shows like BB or House of Cards are so good. They don't require the detail that a fantasy novel demands. I also wasn't sure if I liked how they bounced back in forth between characters. Seems odd for a tv show but then I don't really see how else they could do it. I will agree the casting is excellent.

I can deal with bouncing back & forth, the same thing kinda happens in the books.
I thoroughly enjoy both the books & show. Sunday are scheduled around when it comes on.

I think I would watch it more regularly if I did have HBO rather than live streaming it. I feel like it's a good fix until GRRM finally finishes the Winds of Winter.

I am as hooked on the show as I was the books. I look forward to each Sunday night and if I can't watch it then, I've got it on DVR. The nice thing about reading the books is you already know what's comin to some extent so you can start focusing in on some of the details. For example, I was already watching the round that Joffrey's cup was making while other people on here had to go back and watch it again to make those observations. And unless it is a viewer that is reading about the show on the forums like this one, they may never catch the smaller details because they won't know to go back and look.

Going back and reading this thread got me interested in the books again so I downloaded the full 5 book set for $20 yesterday. Who knows when Winds of Winter will be released. All they've said is "It will not be before 2015". And it could be another few years for the 7th and last book as well. Grrrr. Stephen King did the same thing to us with the dark tower series as well.

I just wish that HBO would go from 10 episodes to at least 12-14 a season. Not like they would be lacking for material! Maybe Season 5 will bring that change.

I just wish that HBO would go from 10 episodes to at least 12-14 a season. Not like they would be lacking for material! Maybe Season 5 will bring that change.

I agree whole heartedly

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

They might have to if GRRM doesn't get around to finishing the books. If the continue the story ahead of the books I would be furious.

Back