New England Members

Played some awful, awful golf today. But beats doing just about anything else.

Booked 2 rounds on the cape for the first weekend in May. Playing the Dennis Pines and Captains in Chatham with some buds. Can't wait.

Played Fresh Pond this morning, was a little wet from the rain and greens were a little rough, definitely good to be out there though.

Using Tapatalk

MA/RI/CT golfers: I am a member of the Bellingham Lions Club in Bellingham MA. Our 20th+ annual Spring Classic is being held on May 19 with a shotgun start at 8:00am at the New England Country Club in Bellingham. http://www.newenglandcountryclub.com/
This is our largest fund raiser of the year with proceeds going to our Scholarship program. The entry fee is $125. You'll get 18 holes of golf with GPS-included cart, a continental breakfast, a pizza delivered to each cart during your round and a post-round lunch of steak and chicken. In addition to a goody bag for each golfer, we have raffles and give-aways plus prizes for long drive, closest to the pin and a putting contest. We are also seeking sponsors starting with anything from give-aways to gift certificates to hole sponsorships starting at $100. If you are interested in playing or can sponsor/donate, please private message me. I hope to meet some fellow THP'rs there.

Anybody up for 18 tomorrow (Sunday)?

Played 9 at strawberry valley in Abington with my brother and two of my sons. Beautiful weather but terrible golf.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Played 9 at strawberry valley in Abington with my brother and two of my sons. Beautiful weather but terrible golf.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

That's the course I learned on. It's ...not my favorite place to play.

Looking at taking lessons, does anyone have any recommendations for instructors? I live in Belmont and work down in canton so anywhere off of 128 would be good.

Looking at taking lessons, does anyone have any recommendations for instructors? I live in Belmont and work down in canton so anywhere off of 128 would be good.

I am taking a lesson on Thursday with the head pro at Granite Links in Quincy. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes! I've only had an online lesson which doesn't really count. So I don't have much to compare it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newport national 50 bucks for cart and lunch. just shot my pb at 90. only lost 2 balls. beautiful day, good friends, great course

newport national 50 bucks for cart and lunch. just shot my pb at 90. only lost 2 balls. beautiful day, good friends, great course

That's a solid score there and a great deal!

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Nice job! How was the wind over there?

That's a great round all around. Nice!

Nice man! Good deal too!

Always love reading about pbs! Only two balls is great too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks guys. your kudos are much appreciated. they will continue to run that special thru april.

I've been taking lesson at Golftec in Avon with Brian Spitz. I am very pleased and have a very specific goal to meet over my lesson plan.

I've been taking lesson at Golftec in Avon with Brian Spitz. I am very pleased and have a very specific goal to meet over my lesson plan.

Is that in the Golfsmith?

Yes.... I have had a great experience there so far and both Brian and Howie have been very helpful not only during lessons but also during my 90 minutes per week of practice.

Is that in the Golfsmith?

Hey Fellow Mass Hackers,

I am participating in the 2014 Bruins Beard-A-Thon. Here's how it works; I grow a beard for the duration of the Bruins playoff run and try to raise money for a couple great causes. All proceeds go to the Martin W. Richard Charitable Foundation and the Boston Bruins Foundation (more info here: http://www.beardathon.com/bruins/the-cause.aspx). Donations are greatly appreciated, however if you are unable to donate, it would be awesome if you could follow the link below and vote for my page! I will be updating the page throughout the playoffs as my beard grows and inevitably becomes itchier by the day.

Thank you!

http://www.beardathon.com/bruins/bcape9/profile.aspx

Anyone available to get a round in next week, maybe Wednesday if the weather is good?

Don't play Red Tail for a few weeks. Greens are like a sandbox. Brutal. The rest of it is in good shape though.

Anyone available to get a round in next week, maybe Wednesday if the weather is good?

I'd be up for that, although my swing is a complete mess right now.

I'm sure I could make it

Back