deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
An Academy Sports opened up here today so I went to check it out. Not a huge golf selection, but they had something I have never seen before. A 70 degree wedge. The thing is almost flat to the ground, what is it used for, and do people really use it?

I'm assuming for possibly sand and flop shots. I'd never use one, but I'm sure someone somewhere has one in play! I think Phil rocks a 64* which is the highest lofted club that I've seen in person. I couldnt imagine a 70* !

That is a lot of loft o have a 62* and it looks flat i can only imagine what a 70* wedge would look like

I've seen them before, kinda ridiculous. imo I remember this one from infomercial infamy.

DrKnockDown.jpg

It's funny that they called it 'knockdown' when knockup would be more like it. lol

It's funny that they called it 'knockdown' when knockup would be more like it. lol

maybe it is the knockdown because that is what happens when the ball pops straight up into your face

For people with a big forward press. And I mean an effing huge forward press.

Or for use as a second putter.

This is for people who are into pain. When you are playing poorly, you swing this as hard as you can, and the ball hits you in the face.

Found one left on a hole back in high school. Of course I hit it and it went straight up! I wouldn't have any use in my bag for one but pretty fun to hit!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Have never seen such an animal. Guess for people who carry like 20 clubs this would be an option for a 10 yard shot right around the green where the pin was in such a position where there was no green to work with on a chip shot.

I would never use one!

Holy cow, a 70* and then gets topped with and 80*? Lmao!! those are crazy!

Ugh...I consider myself lucky when I get the ball to the hole with my 56°

And i thought the 64s I've seen are crazy

I've seen a 70*, a member at a local course had bought one and was trying to sell it through the pro shop. An intimidating looking beast. I have a 64*, and I only hit THAT 40-odd yards (if I did much but sand / chip with it, which I don't). 70* would just be a skull machine.
I don't think that ever sold. I know the pro just looked at our faces, laughed, and said "Yeah, I know" when we saw it.

On a golf trip we found 4/68* wedges for about $20 per. Made the rule , inside 50 yes must use it. Since that weekend it's been in my garage.

This is for people who are into pain. When you are playing poorly, you swing this as hard as you can, and the ball hits you in the face.

Hahahaha, I actually choked a little when I read this.

Tapping from my IPhone

Maybe it is a novelty club, similar to the "foot" wedge.

Back