jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
I am going to play the Sao Francisco Golf Club today and will attempt to post some pictures by Tapatalk, could I have some pointers on how to do it correctly please.

Being older and device challenged any advice would be appreciated.

I checked out the Rental clubs yesterday and they are a old set of Callaway irons and a FT I square head driver. The course looks nice it is a 9 hole par 71 with different tees for the front and back 9. About $140 for the green fees, club rental and caddie. It is one of only a couple of public courses here, most are private and almost impossible to get on.

Thanks

Test
8uhy6y7u.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Works perfectly Jim.

Thanks, I happened to see your reply to acuna and that cleared it up. That pic is from Peru, the course was founded in 1918 and is the only one within 300 miles. Good to get this figured out now for the wedge testing day.

The 1st and 10th hole
5yzy8u3u.jpg

The driver
9a3agu5e.jpg

The irons
yna4ezeg.jpg

9 hole, shot 49 with a 9 on the 8th par 5. Got paired with some great guys. Played the front in 1.5 hrs. They are fast!! All walking I am struggling to keep up and 2 of them are older than me.

49 on the back, 18 in 3 hr. 45 min. Wow what a workout

Great day, not a great score. But made some new golfing friends.The man on the right is 75 and on the left is 63 they play 27 holes on Sat. And Sun. And they fly, on the 17th the guy on the left was jogging up the fairway. I was just trying to make it in without passing out.
y3ajepes.jpg

Awesome Jim, thanks for sharing!

Sounds like a great time Jim! Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

Golf in Brazil

Sounds like a great workout...I mean time. Thanks for sharing Jim.

It is amazing that golf is the universal language, I was a walk up and these gentleman asked me to join them.

Turns out the gentlemen on the right is the retired Bank President with the Bank I use in Brazil and the guy on the right is in the importation Business. Fantastic Business contacts for me.

Tomorrow I am playing with them again and they say we will play 27 holes with the President of the biggest Construction Company in the area. Again a great Business connection, It was speed golf, get to your ball, hit and take off. The two older guys were so fast and both shot better than me, tomorrow one of the gentlemen will let me use his Japanese forged irons which are made by Mizuno under a different name. The old Callaways were a trip, reg. flex and worn out. I feel stupid not to be happy with the new APEX I have back home. I have $2,500 worth of clubs in my bag in Florida and if I had a golf glove and some good shoes today I would have shot about my average. Used some off brand ball named INESIS and only lost one. Go figure, it is the Indian not the arrow.

I have to say walking gives golf a whole different feel to me, being from Florida and a Cart golfer it is really nice to enjoy the course in a completely different way. Hard work with all the hills and I only had 1 cigar and threw it away, heck I might even get in shape after playing with these guys for the next week and a half. But I will be ready for the wedge testing in better shape with stronger legs.

Course looks nice thank for sharing

getting better on this course shot a 93 today, god I can't wait to get my back up clubs down here and do some damage. For a 9 hole course you would think after 4 rounds you would get it down, but walking this course with all the hills I never realized how hard it is to get your heart rate back down to chip and putt. The guys I am playing with are 63 and 75, they played 18 before we went out and still played 18 in 3.5 hours. One of the guys I found out today is a 10 deg. master in Akido, he has be giving me some swing tips (in portuguese, which I barely understand) and helped me a lot.

Man this sounds like an awesome adventure! I'd love to do something like that myself. Count your blessings my man, even though you are away from hearth and home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back