Has this ever happened to you guys??

ball striker

Reaction score
I won't mention the name of the web site but have you ever browsed a set of irons or a driver, put it in your cart for later.....maybe a week later unless you change your mind and then you see a UPS or FedEx truck pull up with a brand new set of sticks without ever having purchased them?? Well, today I got a custom set of Karsten Pings and I checked my paypal and bank accounts and nothing has been taken out. Strange. It's happened to me like 4 times now in the past 10 years....3 times with the same company. I sent all back of course but I wonder if someone on the other end was just trying to be nice, make my day not knowing I could afford them on my own and have plenty of money. Loll. I might just keep these Pings....after all they are black dots. Lucky day for me I guess too. Idk?? Do you guys think someone was trying to make a nice gesture and pay it forward or was it a mistake???

Never heard of this happening, how did they know where to ship? I would certainly send them back.

I'm registered there is how they know where to ship. And I always paypal direct. It was the 3 and 4 hynrid combo set and yes I always send them back and get a sorry, our mistake and refund my shipping costs. This time I might keep them and just apprise them of their mistake so that we can complete the online purchase via my paypal account. I would never intentionally keep something I didn't pay for, mistake or not. I wasn't raised that way.

I call BS. There is no way a company would do that.

Actually, I've had this happen as well. I had 2 bushnell rangefinders in my cart and found a better deal elsewhere and forgot to remove them from the previous cart. About a week later, I received the rangefinders that I ordered, then 2 days later, 2 more were on my doorstep! I checked the bank/credit cards and nothing was charged. I put the extra 2 back in my closet that I planned to use as gifts for my brothers, which were about 4 months away. After about 3 months of just holding the rangefinders, I got a call from the company that asked if I had received the rangefinders. My conscious weighed on me, and I admitted to having them. They felt bad for me having to deal with the whole process, so they allowed me to keep one for free and offered the second for half price!!! It was a good gesture that even though they screwed up, they made it right. So, You're not alone in this situation, but if the company looks back through their records and realizes that they have missing inventory, you might get a phone call!

Never and I often change my mind and leave things in the cart.

Never and I often change my mind and leave things in the cart.

Same here most of the time when i go back to the website it is still in the cart some time i have gotten emails asking to finish checking out

Crazy. I leave things in my cart all the time and the best I get is like a coupon code.

I call BS. There is no way a company would do that.

Not sure why I would lie about something like this. I already own appx 9 iron sets including a set of G20s. I'll post pics if I decide to keep it (still unopened and in the box). I'd post a pic of the pack slip but liability issues and anonymity are important to anyone with a brain. Anyways I've decided to contact the company and complete the purchase. Anything with paypal requires an invoice prior to shipment and I want to make sure everything is done on the straight and narrow.

I also always leaves things in carts but have never had anything show up at my house that I didn't pull the trigger on. After a few days of something being in a cart, I will receive coupon codes for free shipping on items in the cart.

I need to leave more items in the shopping cart! Lol

I currently have had a club in a cart with a discount code for a month, but haven't pulled the trigger. Maybe I'm on the wrong site haha

You're a lot luckier than me. I have had my account charged TWICE for items I never received. It was a bear trying to get reimbursed. I need to find your website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never for me either. And I'm registered at a few of those sites as well, but all I get are emails saying "we're still holding your club for you when you're ready."

That is crazy. Never had it happen to me however.

Just got an email from paypal and the website thanking me for my purchase??? Ok I figured it out. A while back I applied for the no payments in 90 days deal and am getting charged after all. What I can't figure out is why they mailed the contents of my cart. I think they just post a good customer. If it sounds too good to be true.....it usually is. Lolll. Anyways I don't think I would ever game these.....way too much offset and their most sgi set ever made IMO

Just a simple mistake. But keeping anything that you did not pay for is still wrong, IMO.

I have a set of APEX pros all customized in my Callaway cart. I wish they go ahead and ship them, might be easier to get by the account Manager once they are in the bag.

Never happened to me. I leave everything in the. Cart and leave and get an email saying I forgot to purchase these...

Using Tapatalk

That's just weird that they send them and don't charge you and you have never ordered them. Maybe it is their version of suggestive sales. lol

Never happened to me, and I leave stuff in the cart ALL of the time

Back