e6, q star or sr series?

pkellz25

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering about these balls. I have about a 106-110 ss with my driver and have the ability to play the higher compression balls bases on that number. Wondering if any THPers have any opinions on these balls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of the Q Star. I don't swing nearly as fast as you do, I'm about 10mph slower with the driver, but I've had some great rounds shot with them. Straight off the tee, and as long as you play for some rollout, good around the green. Not a ball I feel I'll roll a 7i through the green on or anything, but will roll a lot more than a urethane ball will on half shots.

SR series is completely different than the other two.

What are you looking for out of your ball?

I've played all 3. Currently have the sr3 in the bag. Had my best round of the year with the q star. Just looking for opinions on them from the THP world and some first hand experiences.

I've played all 3. Currently have the sr3 in the bag. Had my best round of the year with the q star. Just looking for opinions on them from the THP world and some first hand experiences.

Right on.

I've never loved the Q-Star. It's always been towards the bottom of my list of mid-range balls. I can't say why really. Just never had that moment I loved it.

e6 is probably my all time favorite non-urethane ball. Really soft on full swings, durable, predictable. Doesn't spin worth a damn, but that's not what it's for.

I love the way the sr3 is around the green. But don't have as much control off the tee as the q star or e6. Would there be a better mid range ball you would suggest?

E5 and Chrome+ are two lower cost urethane balls worth checking out.

I haven't played any SR series balls yet.
I am one of the outliers than just never got along with the Q-Stars.
I like the e-6 and find myself going back to it.

I personally wouldnt play any of those balls. The E5 is worth considering though.

Big fan of the Q-Star and also the e5. I find them to be pretty comparable. As hawk said, e6 just doesn't spin worth a damn or it would be solid also.

I've been playing the SR2's and the e6. Both pretty great balls. But the other posters are correct, the e6 doesn't really spin much.

I have only played the e6 and Q Stars and I personally play the Q Stars. I like the softer cover on the Q Stars, however they can get chewed up pretty easily during a round.

Completely agree with the e6 opinions here. I love the e5 (more spin off wedges) and I love the Q-Stars (not as much spin, great off the tee), but the SR2 I gamed (after I found one on the course) performed really, really well for me. Your SS is just above mine, so I think the SR3 is for you, but the e5 is definitely at a better price point. I'm always tinkering with what ball I want to play.

Right on.

I've never loved the Q-Star. It's always been towards the bottom of my list of mid-range balls. I can't say why really. Just never had that moment I loved it.

e6 is probably my all time favorite non-urethane ball. Really soft on full swings, durable, predictable. Doesn't spin worth a damn, but that's not what it's for.

This. If you can control your wedge distances without relying on spin, the E6 is your ball

Sounds like an echo chamber in here, but I just did an experiment with the B33RX and the e6. Was having issues compressing the RX, and wanted to try the e6. I thought I could adjust to the additional roll out on the e6, but it hasn't happened so far. Just doesn't spin as much for me. I was using the Srixon before and I really like that ball too.

JM

Callaway Chrome or Chrome+. 3-piece + urethane. Great price. Plenty of control with your wedges.

I've played all three, and while the SR series is at a higher price point, the other two aren't even close in my humble opinion. I just played the SR2 on Friday and was blown away at how awesome it was. It's my new gamer. e6 didn't do much for me, and while i liked the q-star, the durability was terrible for me. The SR was soft, durable, and fantastic off the tee. I loved it.

Played a Q star yellow today...shot the best round of the year thus far. May have found my ball for the foreseeable future...

Haven't played the SR but have played the E6 and Q star. Liked them both but.
For me the Q star was just as straight off the tee but had better spin around the greens.
Like it's yellow color better as well. A great mid priced ball IMO

Are these the new Q stars that you guys are using that have durability issues?
Weird, because mine last until I lose them. Which sometimes is more than 18 holes.

Are these the new Q stars that you guys are using that have durability issues?
Weird, because mine last until I lose them. Which sometimes is more than 18 holes.

Mine was the new box, yes. I can't seem to get through more than two-three holes without some serious scuffage (scuffing? lol) and scratches...and this is in play, not on concrete or anything. I should add that mine are white; I have never tried the yellow ones.

Back