2014 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The draft is less than a month away and here is the thread to talk about it. For those following along, THP will have a contest the night of the draft.

Excited to see what by Browns do.

Not as many clear cut top 10 picks as we have seen in the past.

And I look forward to doing awful in the contest

I think this is going to be one of the more fun drafts to watch. One of the deepest in years (underclassmen wise). I also think we see more trades this year then ever.

• Admin
I think this is going to be one of the more fun drafts to watch. One of the deepest in years (underclassmen wise). I also think we see more trades this year then ever.

Scales make it easier, and needs seem to be apparent this year. I tend to agree with you, although the return expectations are still ridiculously high to move up.

Scales make it easier, and needs seem to be apparent this year. I tend to agree with you, although the return expectations are still ridiculously high to move up.

The scales are the best thing that has ever happened for the NFL Draft. It's interesting how some teams value their picks compared to others. Look at Dallas two years ago moving up like 15-20 spots to take Morris Claiborne, I don't remember what they gave up, but looking back, I bet their wondering if they made a wise choice.

I hate that they moved the draft back to May this year. I don't think the hype gets any bigger, but all of us just have to listen to a few more weeks of rumors and baseless speculation. Heck, Teddy Bridgewater will be an undrafted free agent by the time the draft actually happens based on his "slide" on draft boards since the season ended. ;-)

Heck, Teddy Bridgewater will be an undrafted free agent by the time the draft actually happens based on his "slide" on draft boards since the season ended. ;-)

They just said on the DP show, about Bridgewater, he was once the surefire #1 pick, now he's dropping like a rock, someone will take him in the second round, and one of the experts will label him the "steal" of the draft...

Excited to see what by Browns do.

Bless your heart.

:Alien

For me, really hoping the Falcons get a LT in the first round. Really, really hope they can trade back from 6 and do it.

I'm really curious to see what the Texans do at the top, still seems wide open.

I'm really curious to see what the Texans do at the top, still seems wide open.

Absolutely. The Texans move at the top will open up the rest of the first round for the rest of the GMs.

Really excited to see if the Packers keep drafting linemen or if they make things interesting and a take a TE to replace Finley early.

I really hope we find someone to take the #1 overall. We need depth more than the top pick right now. Hopefully Johnny Football blows the socks off of Cleveland during his visit & they move up.

Are they still doing the Thursday, Friday, Saturday format? Admittedly, I only watch the first round, and I'd rather do it on Saturday morning than on my golf league night.

Dear Dallas Cowboys - Please draft Aaron Murray if the opportunity presents itself.

Are they still doing the Thursday, Friday, Saturday format? Admittedly, I only watch the first round, and I'd rather do it on Saturday morning than on my golf league night.

I think so.

This year is going to be a big year for a lot of teams. Lot of rosters to fill and not a ton of talent to fill them.

I think so.

Yep. Going to try to swing it to get the draft playing on the big screen on silent in labor and delivery if I am in there any of those days. Wife won't be too upset I don't think... :alien:

Dear Dallas Cowboys - Please draft Aaron Murray if the opportunity presents itself.

I was proud to have Murray run my alma mater's offense. And, I hope he gets a chance to be a QB in the NFL. Add me to the list of people that think his arm isn't strong enough, though.

I see a lot of David Greene in that arm. Excellent college QB. Not quite enough for the NFL. Hope I'm wrong and that he makes millions.

For me, really hoping the Falcons get a LT in the first round. Really, really hope they can trade back from 6 and do it.

I love that the Falcons have that high of a pick and absolutely zero intent on wasting it on one of the flawed QB group.

Yep. Going to try to swing it to get the draft playing on the big screen on silent in labor and delivery if I am in there any of those days. Wife won't be too upset I don't think... :alien:

Uh...

Not touching that one.

Chiefs have a few options in ways they could go this year, lot of needs for sure.

I love that the Falcons have that high of a pick and absolutely zero intent on wasting it on one of the flawed QB group.

It's what the NFL has become. Either you have a QB, or you spend every draft thinking about getting one.

People dump on Ryan for not being Manning or Brady or Tebow. :)Alien). What he is, though, is a really, really good QB that doesn't make you think about having to draft a QB for the next 10 years.

I was proud to have Murray run my alma mater's offense. And, I hope he gets a chance to be a QB in the NFL. Add me to the list of people that think his arm isn't strong enough, though.

I see a lot of David Greene in that arm. Excellent college QB. Not quite enough for the NFL. Hope I'm wrong and that he makes millions.

I really enjoyed watching him every Saturday for the last 4 years. I think his arm is good enough, not a fireball thrower, but not exactly Chad Pennington either. I'd love to see the guy get a shot.

The Lions are talking about trading up to get Sammy Watkins or Clowney, I hope they don't trade their entire draft to move up to take one of those guys. Its a deep draft and they should be content with taking Justin Gilbert/ Ha-Ha Dix/ Anthony Barr. They have too many holes to trade a ton of picks for one player.

It seems that quite a few teams are trying to trade down in the draft to not "reach" for a position of need. Hoping the Lions are part of this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back