Trying to Break 80 Club

I played a 79 Saturday, 77 today.

Today was crazy, after the third hole I couldn't hit a decent hybrid/wood/driver if my life depended on it.. I snap hooked a 4wood so far left it went over the next fairway, over the rough into the waterhazard there. (But hit my provisional perfectly, holed the approach for a very unexpected par).

Nice work dudes!

76 today, albeit from the gold. It was a shot better than my previous best from those tees.

Breaking 80 was harder than breaking 90 .. Was always so so so close . Than one day , it just happened . Started golfing when I was 11 , took me until I was 17 .. Than once I broke it , I didn't have a lot of issues doing it again

Breaking 80 was harder than breaking 90 .. Was always so so so close . Than one day , it just happened . Started golfing when I was 11 , took me until I was 17 .. Than once I broke it , I didn't have a lot of issues doing it again

Of course it's harder! And breaking 70 is harder than breaking 80! My official best is 79, done a handful of times. Breaking 80 is easier than breaking 79, haha.

Last edited:
It has so much to do with straight driving off the tee , and putting the ball where you have a clear unhindered shot at the green . Short game is important , don't get me wrong .. But putting that ball in play is crucial .. Even if that means dropping down to a hybrid off the tee to make sure you get it in play

After a 38 on the front 9 I thought the 70's was going to happen today. The back 9 had other plans however...

Oh well, maybe next time!

Army: just keep your chin up and try again, you can do it!

Shot 2 over 39 on the front 9 today and couldn't keep going. Had two bad shots and missed 1 3 footer, but other than that it was a really good 9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shot 2 over 39 on the front 9 today and couldn't keep going. Had two bad shots and missed 1 3 footer, but other than that it was a really good 9.

Great job, congrats on the round!

HTC M8

I'm in this club. I finally shot a 9 in the 30s earlier this year. I did that on the back of the club I'm a member at. Flirted with it several times. This Tuesday I finally flirted with 39 on the front. The front is tough though. Holes 2-5 can eat your lunch. It's going to happen this year, I can feel it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting so close. .shot 84 yesterday and 83 today. I left several birdies out there and pars. I have been driving far and straight all week. Best I have ever been from the T box. If I can get some better approach shots I feel it coming on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm getting so close. .shot 84 yesterday and 83 today. I left several birdies out there and pars. I have been driving far and straight all week. Best I have ever been from the T box. If I can get some better approach shots I feel it coming on

Nice! I have the opposite problem that you have. My approach shots are really good but I can't hit my driver worth crap. Yesterday I hit a bucket and a half straight of drivers. Next time I play I'll see if that helped at all.

Nice! I have the opposite problem that you have. My approach shots are really good but I can't hit my driver worth crap. Yesterday I hit a bucket and a half straight of drivers. Next time I play I'll see if that helped at all.

Mine started out really ugly this year. I quit playing on course for about a month and stayed at range. Worked on swinging in to out and getting my hips out

Shot 76 today, first time in a while..39-37..First time out w/ new Bio Cell driver , hit it very well. Been working pretty hard on my short game for about 2 wks and it paid off several up and downs..plus 3 birds..downside was 3-putted 3 times...

Surprised to be in here this early.

Shot 77 today on an off day with my irons, hoping this is the first of many posts in here for me.

Shot a 37 on the front nine in my round today but followed it with a 46 on the back to kill my chances of breaking 80. It was my best 9 ever and tied for my lowest 18 score so it gives me hope for the rest of the year.

I'm just trying to keeping my game in the 80s right now, yesterday 's round was 93 and it was all because of my putting mistakes. I just can't seem to get the feel back this spring as of yet.

Some solid rounds in here already! Hoping I get a few more in here this year. 2 last year, would like more than 5.

This is where I'm at right now, my long clubs are duck hook city right now...think I'm gonna skip rounds for a week or two, get a lesson, and hit the range. My short game and irons are really solid though, so once I get that long game locked back down I think I'm gonna be deadly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Thought I was going to pull it off yesterday as I started Par, Par, Par then Double, Double, Bogey, Triple for a 45, then the back I played much better as I shot 40 with a 3 jack and double from the middle of the fairway, but I was happy I figured out my New Nike Covert 2.0 Driver so I'm hoping next round is breaking 80.

Well yesterday was my PB. I shot a 82 at my home course. 2 birdies, 6 pars, 3 doubles, and 7 bogeys. Hit 10 fairways, gir was a horrible 30% but, I was striking the ball very well and mainly hitting back of greens and going off. 27 putts for the day helped maintain the round. Had one penalty too. I'm building the confidence of knowing that the 70s are reachable. This July will make a full 4 years of me golfing. So I'm very happy with my progress. I would also state that lessons have made this possible and of course chipping in my back yard after work as the short game is truly what helps the score.

2014 2nd round under 80 - 76 8 fairways , 8 greens , 5 up & downs no birdies

Back