Playing With PGA Tour Player Tomorrow

tucsondivots

Fairways and Greens
Reaction score
Handicap
Ted Purdy, winner of the 2005 Byron Nelson Classic, is playing in my foursome tomorrow. He is a friend with one of my regular foursome (local sports columnist) and we are playing Silverbell, a local muni. Saw that he won a PGA Latin American Tour event in Mexico last month and played in the Shell Houston Open (missed cut) two weeks ago. He has $8M in career winnings. I am pretty nervous, but it should be fun to see a good game up close.

That should be really cool for you.

Enjoy! Always fun to see the good golfers play! I'm sure it'll be a good time.

Wow! That’s an amazing opportunity. I'd probably be so self-conscious about every one of my shots I'd embarrass myself badly.

That's pretty awesome dude. I bet he impresses the hell out of you.

Very cool! Have fun and learn what you can from him!

Just have fun and see what you can learn from him

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

That will be a very cool experience, I can't wait to hear how it goes.

That's awesome! Have fun!

i would love to play with one just to watch them strategize their way around the course.

Have fun and just enjoy it. You will be amazed of the sound his ball will make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be a lot of memories from that round I bet. Enjoy and let everyone know how it went. Oh, play your game too. He doesn't expect you to keep up with him.

JM

There will be a lot of memories from that round I bet. Enjoy and let everyone know how it went. Oh, play your game too. He doesn't expect you to keep up with him.

JM

Truth. He's likely seen more bad golf than you've played bad golf. Nothing to worry about. I hit a ball backwards in front of two professionals. Awesome!

You got this dude haha. Have fun. I played in a tournament a few years ago and a guy on our team was an All-American and played on the web.com tour. It was amazing watching him do his thing.

How cool is that? Should be an amazing experience. Have a blast

That is so cool! Enjoy and I bet you'll learn something!

Very cool it should be a treat to see how effortless he can make shots

Wow, pretty cool experience. Can't wait to hear how it goes, and I'm with everyone else, just play within your game and enjoy seeing some incredible golf.

Wow...that would be so great to play with a tour pro !

That's awesome. I'd love to get a chance to play with a professional...just to see up close what it's like to be that good.

Get him all buddy buddy and comfy and when hes not looking grab a mere mill or two out of his pocket :)

But really, that's great, have fun. Probably going to be amazed how easy and effortless he probably makes it all look.

That should be fun! I've played with a couple former pros and a scratch guy in the same group before and just watching the difference between those 3 was astonishing. I didn't even want to hit my ball that day and wanted to watch them play. Ended up being a great round and learning experience.

Can't say I'm familiar with him, but that's gonna be pretty awesome to see a PGA pro up close and personal. I'm quite jealous. Enjoy!

Hope y'all have a blast!

That's so cool. Will you guys be playing for money?

Back