Patrick Reed TOP Five

BoostLE

Honda FitEV Pilot
Reaction score
Handicap
7.8 SCGA
This is Reed trying to decide what to do on his 4th shot from the hazard behind a TV tower.

The name of the yacht is Top Five...LOL
8useta9a.jpg

that is how top five players roll

Hopefully he's laughing about it, I think it's about the only thing he could do.

I would laugh it off. Just like I'm laughing right now looking at this picture.

Ironic. Hopefully he just laughs about it. He's been playing good golf

Even the announcers laughed.

He sure did take the scenic route on 18

He was a bit cocky in his top 5 statement yet if don't have lots of confidence as a pro golfer you likely won't achieve your potential.

He was a bit cocky in his top 5 statement yet if don't have lots of confidence as a pro golfer you likely won't achieve your potential.

Like Arnold Palmer says "You can have confidence in yourself, you just dont need to tell everyone about it"

I don't think there is a guy out there that ISN'T confident, but not too many pop off at the mouth about it. It's just part of being a professional.

Like Arnold Palmer says "You can have confidence in yourself, you just dont need to tell everyone about it"

With that comment he focused a lot of un need negative attention his way

Why is his comment still a big deal?

When I saw that yacht in the harbor yesterday I couldn't help but laugh myself. I wondered if someone named it that just for the weekend. Damn nice boat either way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like it says "Top Diva" but that just might be my eyes.

Saw that this morning, and loved the irony. On another note, that same yacht was in the harbor at the Atlantis in The Bahamas when I was there last year. Was watching this morning, and asked my wife if she remembered that one. She found some pictures on her iPad that she had taken of it. That is one impressive dinghy.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Hahaha just saw this. too funny. Hope he had the piece of mind to laugh it off.

Pretty ironic, I bet he just laughed it off.

Why is his comment still a big deal?

Come on, this is golf. You aren't allowed to say anything in golf.

Can't talk about how good you are, no no, the golf gods don't like that.

No, can't be out in the open about what you think of your game, nope, that's not allowed in golf.

That it's too funny, talk about ironic!

Ironic. Hopefully he just laughs about it. He's been playing good golf

He shot a 70 for that round, even with that fiasco final hole. I hope he becomes a top 5 or better, but I think he's learned his lesson. As far as his swing, it definitely isn't a classic swing, but who knows, maybe it'll hold under pressure. He's dumpy, he's unathletic, he's got a swing that doesn't look like Charles Howell III, TW, Hunter Mahan, or Adam Scott - he's kind of awkward in interviews....but still, I hope he does well.

Patrick Reed is tied for dead last (153rd) at the Zurich Classic. Just carded a 10 on a par 5. Not looking like top 5 material to me :)

Patrick Reed is tied for dead last (153rd) at the Zurich Classic. Just carded a 10 on a par 5. Not looking like top 5 material to me :)

But if you ask him he i am sure he will tell you other wise

Patrick Reed TOP Five

I'm pretty certain that every pro golfer not named Tiger Woods Cir. 1998-2000 has missed a cut or two. Even the great ones.

I hope the "Oh, look at Mr. 'Top Five'" banter dies down after a while. It's kind of ridiculous. If you out Reed's record for the last 8-12 months up in total, he's right up there with the best.

But if you ask him he i am sure he will tell you other wise

Agreed, I wonder if his own comments are effecting his mental game with the added pressure they might have caused.
Sometimes you see it in other sports with guys having off years trying to live up to big contracts they just signed.

Agreed, I wonder if his own comments are effecting his mental game with the added pressure they might have caused.
Sometimes you see it in other sports with guys having off years trying to live up to big contracts they just signed.

I am sure it has all of this attention could have been avoided if he had humbled himself a bit after the WGC win

I'm pretty certain that every pro golfer not named Tiger Woods Cir. 1998-2000 has missed a cut or two. Even the great ones.

True, but since his comments about being top 5 he's gone T52, Cut, T48, Cut (most likely). I think he got in his own head.

Back