• knetgolf

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

50wyldeman

Reaction score
Handicap
25.6 GHIN
Just curious as to the group consensus for the best used ball reseller.

The cart guys at a fancy club . They have boxes upon boxes of prime a golf balls they find in the range or rough . Just have to ask them

I've ordered a couple times and honestly don't even remember which one I used but each time it was just fine.

I've ordered from knetgolf with good luck the past 3 or 4 times I've used them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Lostgolfballs and knet are both solid choices. Have used both and have had good experiences with them.

Lostgolfballs and knet are both solid choices. Have used both and have had good experiences with them.

I think knet's pricing can be better, but you need $125 for free shipping where on lostgolfballs you only need $75, so I usually go with them.

Not exactly related, but a few months ago I played a nearby course with a fellow THPer. There was a short par 4 that really tempted you to cut the corner off the tee, right over a large tree in someone's yard. There was a big sign on the fence of that yard that had a phone number and "$5/doz found golf balls, your choice". At another course there was a kid in the back yard along one fairway with a similar sign. He was maybe 8 or 9 years old and he actually waited for us to hit, then shouted "excuse me, sir, do you need any used golf balls?" I had to buy some, the kid was not just cute but I admired the entrepreneur spirit!

The woods and ponds at my course. Have 3 bags fulls of premium balls in excellent condition I have found there. Great for everyday play.

I have never bought used golf balls before but am thinking about giving it a try.
Obviously, they are already cheaper than normal but do sites like these have periodic sales?

lostgolfballs does a great job had good experiences with them

I have never bought used golf balls before but am thinking about giving it a try.
Obviously, they are already cheaper than normal but do sites like these have periodic sales?

Lost golf balls has fairly frequent sales and I have used them several times with good results. The only problem for me is that I only order two or three dozen at a time and shipping from LGB is about $16 which makes the deals not nearly as good. I made my first order from golfballnut.com last week and should have my package on Wednesday. With their $6 flat rate shipping and a discount coupon I got from a member here I was able to get a dozen near mint 2014 pro v1x's and a dozen near mint taylormade Lethals for $33 shipped. Not an incredible deal but not a bad price for two dozen balls I've wanted to try for a while.

There is actually a guy I use on ebay that constantly gives good prices and great stuff. I've never paid more than $15 on a dozen of Prov1x. His name is daved18 on ebay and he does free shipping and it's always fast.

I'm in Europe, shipping is just too much from the US. So I use a local site, not as cheap in balls, but makes up for it in shipping costs..

Just bought some Srixon AD333's :)

I've always dealt with Golfballnut when buying used balls for practice rounds. Nothing but great service.

only one i have had experience with is lostgolfballs.com and it was a good one. ordered 3 dozen (different balls to find one i like) and they sent me 4 dozen. when i contacted them about it they said it was their fault and to just keep them.

Thanks for the replies guys looks like a order to Lostgolfballs is forthcoming!

I order from this eBay seller golf balls unlimited out of Atlanta and every mint ball was brand new. No scuffs marks and very few logo balls. I have never ordered from their website but I plan to. I always get coupon codes but most of the times the bulk balls on eBay are cheaper.

I have been reading reviews on list golf balls. There are quite a few people stating either the golf balls are mixed with other varieties and some unplayable mixed in. Has anyone had this happen with their orders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went back and forth on buying from them for some time now and decided to pull the trigger yesterday. 1 dozen each of 2012 AAAA Pro V1 and Pro V1x. They should be here Friday, so I'll see what kind of quality they are soon.

There were mixed reviews on their site. Some people said the quality was poor and lower than AAAA and others said theirs look brand new. The reviews were back and forth over several months so maybe it's the luck of the draw.

I have been reading reviews on list golf balls. There are quite a few people stating either the golf balls are mixed with other varieties and some unplayable mixed in. Has anyone had this happen with their orders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always order mint mint and I have had a few not mint. I emailed the sellers and the next day they offered to refund me for the balls I ordered that weren't mint and I could keep them. I'm sure all the sellers are like that. But like I said I buy off eBay and sellers don't want a bad review.

I've used both lostgolfballs and knetgolf with good results. We usually use lost more often and we'll place an order for four or five of us in the group so we get the free shipping. The only suspect thing that's ever happened is last time I wanted to try the Penta TP5 and most of them came stamped with practice. I don't know if that means it's actually a different ball than the regular TP5, but I play them anyway. Not sure what a rule about this is either. I bought a box of NXT tours from a guy that picked it up at a lost freight auction. When I met up with him, he informed me at that time that they were stamped with practice on them. I talked him down on the price some more and went ahead and bought them. There was over 500 golf balls and I think I paid about $160 for them. That was actually a craigslist deal which is another good source, but they probably won't be cleaned very well or reconditioned at all.

I never pay for used golf balls. Luckily I'm a state Employee and I not only get a discount at all the St Parks around me (There are 4) all the Superintendents let me walk and pick as I please. I usually leave a few dozen at the pro shop for them to sell that are high quality mid grade balls.

Matter of fact I went this afternoon and wrangled about three dozen. Decent Haul. 9 Prov1s..3 Hex Black...and 3 Lethals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I've used both lostgolfballs and knetgolf with good results. We usually use lost more often and we'll place an order for four or five of us in the group so we get the free shipping. The only suspect thing that's ever happened is last time I wanted to try the Penta TP5 and most of them came stamped with practice. I don't know if that means it's actually a different ball than the regular TP5, but I play them anyway. Not sure what a rule about this is either. I bought a box of NXT tours from a guy that picked it up at a lost freight auction. When I met up with him, he informed me at that time that they were stamped with practice on them. I talked him down on the price some more and went ahead and bought them. There was over 500 golf balls and I think I paid about $160 for them. That was actually a craigslist deal which is another good source, but they probably won't be cleaned very well or reconditioned at all.

Practice balls are the same as x-outs. Just some minor blemish that won't affect the ball for 99.99999999999999% of all golfers. Perfectly legal to play.

I've only gotten anything from Lostgolfballs, and that was a while ago, but it was perfectly done by them, and the balls were in really good shape at 'only' AAAA quality.

Or....just follow along while O'Carroll is playing. Just go down the left side of any fairway he's on and you should be good.

Back