Warm up on the range or head straight to the 1st Tee?

If I'm in a rush, I don't mind going straight to the first tee. I'll hit two off of the first, though. When I do hit range balls, I only hit a couple unless I'm working on something.

I'm much more comfortable getting a little warmup in before heading off. I always feel like it takes me a couple holes to get things going if I don't.

Much rather warm up at the range or at least get some chips and putts in before the first tee. I'm not comfortable enough yet with the swing to wait and see what shows up on the first hole...or more.

I stretch and head to the first tee. Going to the range or the practice green gives me too much time to overthink and overanalyze things.

We have an indoor golf place local that it's PGA certified. It's like a big video game. It's nice to test your stroke before hitting the course.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

I definitely need a warmup, but it doesn't have to be on the range. Stretching and empty swings are just as good. Hurrying to the 1st tee results are ugly.

I like to get to the course an hour before hand so I'm not rushing if it's a course I'm really pumped about playing and it has a range.

If it's a hour warmup - 15 min to get my stuff together and checkin head to the range for 20-30 min warmup then putting green for 10-15 min then head to the tee.

30 min warmup is checkin warmup/stretch then putting green then the tee.

The value of warming it is crucial for my game now. I need a few swing to get warmed up and get some good feelings of contact before heading to the course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The value of warming it is crucial for my game now. I need a few swing to get warmed up and get some good feelings of contact before heading to the course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Could not agree more. Have to do it.

I prefer warming up on the range, but my usual playing partner hates getting to the course any earlier than we have to (drives me crazy), so usually it's a few swings with the gold flex and away we go!

Played last week and hit balls on the range before the round. Hit some great shots with the driver. Got to the first tee and realized I wasted all my good drives on the range. At least all my wedges didn't get wasted.
I play better stretching before hand than allowing the demons to get in my head hitting range balls.

Warming up makes me swing too hard when I get to the first tee. I like to swing easy into my round.

I have the ultimate straight to first tee story now. Worked all day on Wednesday, finished packing Wednesday evening. Flew all night from Anchorage Alaska to Minneapolis to Orlando (12 hours or so). Land in Orlando, get luggage and rental car squared away. Get to hotel, change clothes and unpack golf clubs, rush to golf course, only to find out you are too late for any range time. That does not lead to good golf at all. Airplane sleep is not restful at all.

Most of the time it's me grabbing a quick round after work so I just head to the first tee.

Back