Euro Soccer 2013-2014 season (SPOILERS)

I don't know how much Roberto Martinez has built. Wigan did win the FA Cup, but they are still a Championship side. Everton is going to play in Europe somewhere, but they did this year as well. Whoever comes in next is going to have it easier than Moyes did, but that won't mean much. There is going to be an exodus at Manchester United. They will have to sell off some players because they won't have the UCL money coming in. The youth system is garbage (most youth systems are for that matter). Manchester United might be somewhat mediocre for a year or two. Especially with the Financial Fair Play rules coming about.

I read this morning that they are planning to spend £150 million this off season. Arsenal fans will be whining a lot about this, hehehe.

With a £150million spending spree planned for the summer the club's owners, the Glazer family, wanted to make sure they had the right man at the helm to bring success back to Old Trafford.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/manchester-united-sack-manager-david-moyes-042214

I will have to bone up on it. But the FFP rules that will be starting may affect how much a team can just go out and spend without proving income. Something like that. I still don't believe United are back contending next year.
I hope you are right, and am rooting for the same thing! At least we can agree on this! hahaha

Sorry haters...Under Giggs Man U plays well in the last 4 games, Giggs is promoted from Interim head coach to Head coach & Man U finishes top 3 next year

I will have to bone up on it. But the FFP rules that will be starting may affect how much a team can just go out and spend without proving income. Something like that. I still don't believe United are back contending next year.

I have to agree with this as well - if it had just been a case of 1 or 2 players being brought in then it might be easier to integrate them, but I don't think that will be enough to turn things around

When I heard about it, I wasn't sure that Fellaini was a good buy for the club this year.....did Moyes insist on bringing him in after playing him at Everton? I don't think he fits the style of play that Utd play and wouldn't be a loss to the club if they got rid of him as well

If they can pull in a few youngsters with the potential to grow into the club then that might be a better longterm plan, but there is always the risk of bringing in youth that then fails to live up to expectation

Sorry haters...Under Giggs Man U plays well in the last 4 games, Giggs is promoted from Interim head coach to Head coach & Man U finishes top 3 next year

Yeah, but you thought they were going to repeat as champs THIS year! :eyepoke:

That will be impressive. But with what players? Kegawa?

It's awesome that a club can just overcome deficiencies by throwing money at it.

It's awesome that a club can just overcome deficiencies by throwing money at it.

Kagawa is a word class player if used properly. He was one of the best players in Germany with Dortmund. Never really got the time he deserved in the correct positions this year. Problem is he and Mata prefer the same position so its hard to get them both in the squad together. And really? Gonna talk about spending with United when you have teams like Chelsea and Man City throwing money around like its paper?

Don't forget that Arsenal is the 11th ranked team in the world of sports at throwing money at deficiencies.

Kagawa is a word class player if used properly. He was one of the best players in Germany with Dortmund. Never really got the time he deserved in the correct positions this year. Problem is he and Mata prefer the same position so its hard to get them both in the squad together. And really? Gonna talk about spending with United when you have teams like Chelsea and Man City throwing money around like its paper?
It's all he's got, hehehe (Sorry, blu!)

And technically, it IS paper, haha.

Yeah, but you thought they were going to repeat as champs THIS year! :eyepoke:

well I never thought they would be 30 points worse that is for sure

I think players coming & going will all depend on the coach they choose

Don't even get me started on those two clubs.

Don't forget that Arsenal is the 11th ranked team in the world of sports at throwing money at deficiencies.

Yeah arsenal spent some money. They also saved money for 8 years while their new stadium got built. Sold off two world class players and signed the largest endorsement deal in EPL history.

well I never thought they would be 30 points worse that is for sure

I think players coming & going will all depend on the coach they choose
Maybe a little bit. But United is a team that many would kill to play for. (not literally of course!)

Maybe a little bit. But United is a team that many would kill to play for. (not literally of course!)

i agree, but seems like everyone is predicting there is going to be this mass exodus because they had a bad year

i agree, but seems like everyone is predicting there is going to be this mass exodus because they had a bad year

The only exodus will be from players whose contracts are up. Anyone else will be because they are released or sold.

wow Real Madrid was being dominated in Ball possession and one quick counter and BOOM Real Scores

My wife just got tickets to the Man City - Sporting KC game in July! Her boss made a trade with some Sporting people. We also know the guy who can get us down to Club Level, so if it is possible, we'll have the best seats in the house! (We went down there for a game last year and it was awesome!)

She is going to offer Man City players a free round of golf while they are here at her course.

That's really cool Smalls. I've always wanted to make it to one of those preseason tour games but the locations/dates haven't worked out yet.

That's really cool Smalls. I've always wanted to make it to one of those preseason tour games but the locations/dates haven't worked out yet.

It is actually July 23, which is a Wednesday. So she will need to get the Men's League out, and then we will head about five miles down the street to the stadium. I will be missing league night that night! As will my partner, as I think he will be going to the game, too!

Ferguson retired last year because he couldn't believe his luck at winning the league with the team he had. He had dragged Scholes and Giggs through the season with him.
Ferguson wasn't planning for the future because he didn't have replacements coming through for Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand, Evra, Vidic.
Vidic and Evra leaving at the end of the season. Ferdinand past it. RVP I believe will move on unless some big manager comes in.
They should get rid of cleverley, nani, Anderson, buttner and the da silva twins.

so any new manager has to accomplish the above, sign new players and finish 4th or better next season. Who would take on that job?

Ferguson retired last year because he couldn't believe his luck at winning the league with the team he had. He had dragged Scholes and Giggs through the season with him.
Ferguson wasn't planning for the future because he didn't have replacements coming through for Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand, Evra, Vidic.
Vidic and Evra leaving at the end of the season. Ferdinand past it. RVP I believe will move on unless some big manager comes in.
They should get rid of cleverley, nani, Anderson, buttner and the da silva twins.

so any new manager has to accomplish the above, sign new players and finish 4th or better next season. Who would take on that job?

Fergie retired because he's 72 years old! As for the last statement, who would take on the job of managing arguably the biggest club in the world? Oh, I think one or two would be more than happy to have a crack ;)

Back