Bridgestone/TaylorMade/Srixon

loquaciouspanda

loquaciouspanda
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
So I'm getting a dozen Bridgestone B330-RX, a dozen TaylorMade TP3, and a dozen Srixon Z-Star. My driver SS is 95mph, but I can poke it out to 280. Just initially, which would be the best ball?

All are very solid balls and should work for you. You will need to hit them and see what has the best feel for you

So I'm getting a dozen Bridgestone B330-RX, a dozen TaylorMade TP3, and a dozen Srixon Z-Star. My driver SS is 95mph, but I can poke it out to 280. Just initially, which would be the best ball?

All solid golf balls -- I'd probably lean towards Bridgestone and then Srixon if I were using that list, but I guess it depends more on what you want out of the ball.

At 95mph hitting the ball 280, I'd keep gaming whatever ball you're using right now and never change.

All solid golf balls -- I'd probably lean towards Bridgestone and then Srixon if I were using that list, but I guess it depends more on what you want out of the ball.

At 95mph hitting the ball 280, I'd keep gaming whatever ball you're using right now and never change.

I was thinking the same thing.....especially based on most charts I have seen

instruction-driver-swing-speed-distance.jpg

I play both the TP3 and the RX. I really like the feel of both balls. Unfortunately the TP3 was discontinued but I found a killer deal on them and bought 10 dozen so I'm still playing them. Once those are gone the RX will be my ball of choice.

If I swung 95 mph and could hit it 280 I would not change a thing

It's an interesting question, and I think you'll get a multitude of answers. Picking a ball is a lot about feel preference and brand loyalty as much as it is about proper fitting. After aimlessly picking out any golf ball for the last three years, I'm going through a ball fitting this weekend for the first time, and can't wait to see what the results are.

I have same swing speed but would require a good tail wind and downhill hard fairway to hit it 280. Keep hitting what you currently hit!

Back