DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
As my mind is in overdrive about possible shaft options for my Morgan Cup bag, I have been doing some research and came across the Oban Devotion 4. Appears to be a High launch, high spin shaft geared towards people with slower swing speeds like myself. Does anyone have any experience with these? Pros? Cons? Any reason, if I decide to go with this shaft, to not go with it in my FW as well?

Unfortunately have not hit the 4, only the 6, but from my Devotion experience they tend to be stout. The 4 is suppose to be a softer profile though, so it may be higher launching, but think swing with it would be the only way to know based on my experience from others in the line. In a fairway, once cut you'll be looking at really low 40 gram weight area.

Like Golf Ghost, I haven't tried the 4, but really, really, like the 6.

Dev6 was in my bag for a long time. It called out a mid launch but launched high for me.

i have the 6-4 in my bag now, in a Adams 9015D head, and it's a mid launch, low to mid spin combo for me.

Love the 6-03 (reg flex) so far, I'd launch the crap out of a 4 if it is a higher launch.

Love the 6-03 (reg flex) so far, I'd launch the crap out of a 4 if it is a higher launch.

From what I hear the 4 and 6 are completely different shafts. Excited to give it a try.

I have tried the 6 & 7 both are very nice smooth feel just launched to high for my needs

Threw a Devotion 65 Stiff in my SLDR and hit noticeably more fairways. Lost maybe 5-10 yards of carry, but when I hit the fairway I find that it evens out or even get more yardage due to more roll. However, my misses are tightened up a ton, and I only missed 3 fairways the whole day, and I was taking some pretty big swipes. Really love this shaft.

I have only played a 6 in a driver and an 8 in a fairway, both were nice, I know that they are quite different profiles versus the 4.

Back