What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was actually yesterday, but I replaced the spikes on two pairs of Jacqui's shoes. Her Nike pair looked like it had replaceable spikes when she got them, but it turns out they don't. I replace one of my pairs yesterday. My Callaways from MC2012 still don't need replaced, except for the one I had already replaced (because I tore one up when I looked to see which screw type it used). So in 1.5 seasons, the originals are still good enough to keep using. Can't believe how crappy the non oem replacements are.

Hit some balls at the range.
Packed for #TheKing
THPing

Played 18 in our Wednesday club.

Had a golf lesson and THPed

Booked my free lesson to see if I can get my swing sorted out....but got to wait until Thursday next week as that was the earliest time available

Walked 18 out at my course at MacDill AFB.....concentrated on hitting the ball only at 80% and trying to keep a tension free swing - I think my forearms and grip have been too tense, causing mishits. Did a good job in the first nine, shot +4. Greens are pretty bad here, but I hit a lot of greens in regulation. Backnine, kind of lost it and started to hook the ball.....didn't score as well with a lot of bogeys and one double. Weather here in FLA still is comfortable. Walking 18 is no problem right now but will be sweltering in May, for sure.

---------
Add: Watching Inside the PGA Tour on GC (DVR'd is from earlier). John Peterson from LSU is the host - same old story.....goes back to his alma mater (LSU), sees the trainer, hangs out with his bros.

Last edited:
Played 18, THP'd, and gathered some info for a course review. Now onto school work.

Booked a tee time for tomorrow.

Waited impatiently for the mail to bring me my new Cobra T Rail 3 wood. Was outside swinging the swing sock when it came. Got a few swings in before a scurried off to work. Lots of THP in between.

Reshafted a few clubs and a range session.

Went to Sam's with Jacqui and stocked up on things for the golf course. Got my name put on the card so if she needs me to go and she's busy, I will be able to.

Got 9 holes in tonight; started light rain by the 3rd hole so had the course to myself.

Started league tonight. Started out rough but collected a few pars at the end

Booked a lesson for Sunday

Thping
Lesson
Short game work

I opened a box that contained my new driver. Range time tomorrow so excited.

range, return shipped my test shoes, shipped a THP goodie and played 9holes subbing in the wednesday league at the course, tested Project(a)

Played 18 holes (in the wind). Joined THP (indoors). Found a golf club components catalog in my mailbox.

will post my plan: hit a bucket at the range, practice short game and putting this a.m. then head for Rays-Twins game this afternoon

Played 18 in the rain. When I got home, my wife said "You're all wet." (It stopped raining when I finished playing.)

Found a bunch of balls, most of which will be whacked at the driving range. Keepers I plan to play: one Srixon Z-Star SL and one Srixon Z-UR. Haven't heard of that last one before. Also found a Srixon AD333 with an Angry Birds logo on it. I had to look up the name of the Angry Bird: The Blues. How cool is that? Not to mention finding three Srixon keepers in one round....

Heading out for 18 with a few THP'ers in around 3 hours.

Booked my fitting for THPMC, bought 13 CP2 grips and hit about 100 balls in the LM.

Short game practice day at lunch. Focused on long-distance chipping and rollout control and putting.

Played 9 holes. THPing now. Probably about it for the day.

Received a bunch of balls, unfortunately in the wrong color (white, not my favorite yellow). Decided to keep them anyway.
Looked at the new bag my friend bought and decided I find it quite ugly. Be he likes it a lot

Oh and I entered myself for an open match :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back