Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure when you were there last but I don't know of them modifying any holes since I've been playing it. The course has a great layout IMO. Ever want to get out for a round there, let us know.
No changes have been made in the last 5 yrs but the new General manager told me they are thinking about it for the future.

Not sure when you were there last but I don't know of them modifying any holes since I've been playing it. The course has a great layout IMO. Ever want to get out for a round there, let us know.
I've def. played there the last few years, maybe it's because the pictures are mirrored it makes the course look "different". What hole was that on?

I've def. played there the last few years, maybe it's because the pictures are mirrored it makes the course look "different". What hole was that on?
I think it's the 5th hole Par 4 about 350yds with greenside bunker on the right side.Trees all down the left side.Elevated green slopes down to the back with the pond behind.

Not mirrored pics, O'Carroll was making a joke about the 2 lefties :)

Posted this in the HHJJ thread too. Played one of the best 9 hole rounds @ Shadow Pines today after work, shot a 51 but felt like a low 40 round with all the chances I had at scoring well. Last hole was a 180 yd uphill par 3 to a back right pin. Hit a high cut pin high within 10 ft to putt for birdie! Made 4/4 sand saves with the help of Panda's (Freddie Kong) YouTube video and absolutely love these new Callaway Supersoft balls. Also my new Clicgear 3.5+ is amazing!

On a side note, the pictures from Arrowhead make the course look like they re-did some holes? It looks a lot better.

East side definitely has the nicer public courses in Rochester, not that the west side doesn't have their share. I wish I could play more of those during the year.

East side definitely has the nicer public courses in Rochester, not that the west side doesn't have their share. I wish I could play more of those during the year.
My usual rotation on the East side is Shadow Lake, Shadow Pines, Eagle Vale, or even St. John Fisher's (my Alma mater) 9 hole course is a lot of fun. I do like Blue Heron as well, that course will give you a run for your money.

My usual rotation on the East side is Shadow Lake, Shadow Pines, Eagle Vale, or even St. John Fisher's (my Alma mater) 9 hole course is a lot of fun. I do like Blue Heron as well, that course will give you a run for your money.

Fisher alum as well, I used to play that course a lot. I'd play those courses more if I wasn't in a traveling league, my money goes toward the league courses and on Sundays I play the parks.

Quiet in here. Anyone playing this weekend? I was supposed to head off to a Demo Day this morning, but it was really raining and wet when I wanted to go. I'm either going to head out this afternoon, or first thing tomorrow morning. Ddec is there now and says it's not that busy, so maybe today.....

Tentative plans to play Monday as I'm off, but still feel like I need to hit the range a few times before I get back out there.

Playing Twin Hills tomorrow, should be rain free.

Quiet in here. Anyone playing this weekend? I was supposed to head off to a Demo Day this morning, but it was really raining and wet when I wanted to go. I'm either going to head out this afternoon, or first thing tomorrow morning. Ddec is there now and says it's not that busy, so maybe today.....

Tentative plans to play Monday as I'm off, but still feel like I need to hit the range a few times before I get back out there.

Got my fitting at 2pm today. It's rained all morning. The first member's tourney was supposed to be this weekend but they cancelled it. Looks like it was a good choice on their part. I'll be hitting the range tomorrow morning for a few hours then tentatively have my 3rd lesson planned for tomorrow afternoon. I'll probably head out and play LeRoy when I get back from that most likely with Maddog.

Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Is Twin Hills open? I know they were having problems with the back nine being too wet to play.

Will have to get over there before I move.. Maybe tomorrow..

I absolutely LOVE Twin Hills. Not sure why as it is nothing over the top special, but I just love the layout. Relatively short but if you try and overpower the course you get in trouble very quickly.

Got my fitting at 2pm today. It's rained all morning. The first member's tourney was supposed to be this weekend but they cancelled it. Looks like it was a good choice on their part. I'll be hitting the range tomorrow morning for a few hours then tentatively have my 3rd lesson planned for tomorrow afternoon. I'll probably head out and play LeRoy when I get back from that most likely with Maddog.

If you are you going to be near Braemar... Twin Hills?

If you are you going to be near Braemar... Twin Hills?

Oh shoot! I totally forgot that we made plans to play after the lesson. Absolutely I'm in.

Oh shoot! I totally forgot that we made plans to play after the lesson. Absolutely I'm in.

I see how it is.. making plans like I moved away already. What a jerk... :)

Played 9 at IvyRidge before it started coming down. Will be at ArrowHead tomorrow.

Enjoy the heck out of that fitting man. I talked ddec into subbing for my Thursday night league this past week. It was fun, but WINDY. I hit one good shot all round. He played typical ddec golf. Straight, never in trouble, drop a putt or two....

Will have to get over there before I move.. Maybe tomorrow..
Ugh...when do you move again? I have something for you, I'll have it in the mail Monday for sure.

Twin Hills is def. open, called Friday for a tee time on Sunday.

Enjoy the heck out of that fitting man. I talked ddec into subbing for my Thursday night league this past week. It was fun, but WINDY. I hit one good shot all round. He played typical ddec golf. Straight, never in trouble, drop a putt or two....

Ugh...when do you move again? I have something for you, I'll have it in the mail Monday for sure.

Next Saturday, May 3rd..

So if it ships USPS from Albany on Monday....? It'll be there to you in Rochester on Thursday?

Or you can bring it with you to Indy and I can thank you and buy you a Yuengling. #bribery

Or you can bring it with you to Indy and I can thank you and buy you a Yuengling. #bribery
You expect me to 1) remember it; and 2) get up early enough for my flight.....

Actually...one less thing for you to have to worry about. I'll bring it to Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back