Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy and Aaron...great pics! That course looks to be in way better condition than any of the three that I've played here so far.

The course was in really good condition. A couple of soft areas but the fairways were in fantastic condition. The greens were rolling nicely - a little slower then usual - but were in great condition.

Do we need to have around round price discussion for the Thruway series? I only ask because prices here seem to be a bit more than I remember paying for any course we played out west last year.

Nah, I'll pony up for the thruway series, no worries :)

The course was in really good condition. A couple of soft areas but the fairways were in fantastic condition. The greens were rolling nicely - a little slower then usual - but were in great condition.
It just hasn't greened up here yet. I'm ok playing off some softer turf, but I'm sick of seeing dead grass.

Totally forgot to post the pictures of my favorite hole that I've played around here. 155-175 yard par 3 depending on the tees.

9epyvu5y.jpg

sysu5emy.jpg

Totally forgot to post the pictures of my favorite hole that I've played around here. 155-175 yard par 3 depending on the tees.

9epyvu5y.jpg

sysu5emy.jpg

Love that 2nd picture Jimmy!! The hole gets even better when the leaves come in. Just a great Par 3 with a tough green

9epyvu5y.jpg

sysu5emy.jpg
UGH...with my ball flight, I'm putting a 4 on the card and MOVING ON.

Haha its not that tough! Unless your miss is right!!
I'd have to start the ball dead at the mound on the right. I tried to cut fade a ball the other night....I pulled my hamstring and hit a beautiful draw.

I'd have to start the ball dead at the mound on the right. I tried to cut fade a ball the other night....I pulled my hamstring and hit a beautiful draw.

Lol!! Dying over here lol.

9epyvu5y.jpg

sysu5emy.jpg

I'll tell you what.....get rid of the cinder blocks and put a few flower beds in and you've got one very nice layout! Thanks Jim,great looking hole.

I just booked a tee time at saratoga national: May 03 2014 at 12:20 PM

Haha its not that tough! Unless your miss is right!!
I missed it right yesterday on that hole! That hole started a bad string of scoring for the next few for me, gorgeous day to play at Twin Hills tho. The sun was a pleasant surprise since I thought it would be cloudy all day. Course was in decent shape, only a few spots with some soggy/muddy areas. The only gripe I had was the pin placements were very difficult IMO, always at the top of a ridge or tucked to the very right or left side. It was almost like tournament pins which made it a difficult day for getting one close.

I missed it right yesterday on that hole! That hole started a bad string of scoring for the next few for me, gorgeous day to play at Twin Hills tho. The sun was a pleasant surprise since I thought it would be cloudy all day. Course was in decent shape, only a few spots with some soggy/muddy areas. The only gripe I had was the pin placements were very difficult IMO, always at the top of a ridge or tucked to the very right or left side. It was almost like tournament pins which made it a difficult day for getting one close.

We said that same exact thing!! I couldn't believe how many of those pins were in or on a ridge!

I just booked a tee time at saratoga national: May 03 2014 at 12:20 PM

Checking with my buddy to make sure we are set. Told him to look at the 12.20 time.

Andy............IvyRidge is wide open for Thursday.Course was in great shape over the weekend and will try to get Jeanne.

Andy............IvyRidge is wide open for Thursday.Course was in great shape over the weekend and will try to get Jeanne.

It probably can handle the rain better than BTC except for a few holes.

Hopefully the weekend will be little to no rain, looks like Saturday is the better of the two days for temperature.

It probably can handle the rain better than BTC except for a few holes.
Yes it can and we are booked for 9:30 Thursday morn. Cannot wait!

I love Twin Hills, great course for what you pay. I stuck with Churchville CC on Sunday and it was WET, not a fun round at all. I was hitting a lot of balls fat and my driver swing is very off right now.

The 10 day forecast for here in Albany is awful. Looks like any golf to be played here in the near future will be damp and cold.

The 10 day forecast for here in Albany is awful. Looks like any golf to be played here in the near future will be damp and cold.

Same here. I'll be hitting up the sim and the gym with foam balls for sure the next couple of days don't want to have too big of a layoff.

correct me if I am wrong, but I tought saturday looked good

Fri - Sat - Sun in Saratoga look fine. Sat is 60's with a chance of a passing shower.

Fri - Sat - Sun in Saratoga look fine. Sat is 60's with a chance of a passing shower.

which is a perfect day by our standards up here ;)

I played saturday in the high 30s and it rained all day. it would have been great if the wind didnt show up

It's just all over the place for the next few days. Supposed to start raining this afternoon. Tommorrow's high is 47 degrees with a 70% chance of rain, then Thursday 72 degrees with an 80% chance of rain. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday all have rain in the forcast, but "few showers" is better than "periods of rain."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back