Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played this morning, It was cold! WET! and windy.... plus I scored terrible

You expect me to 1) remember it; and 2) get up early enough for my flight.....

Actually...one less thing for you to have to worry about. I'll bring it to Indy.

Good thing we have a back up plan called Ocean City. :)

played Ravenwood in the pouring rain this morning in full rain gear and double gloves...shot 80. Course is still in awesome shape after all this wet weather. Have an 1145 tee time there tomorrow as well. Cant beat golfnow prices (25-35$)

played Ravenwood in the pouring rain this morning in full rain gear and double gloves...shot 80. Course is still in awesome shape after all this wet weather. Have an 1145 tee time there tomorrow as well. Cant beat golfnow prices (25-35$)
ddec and I talk about this course often, although neither of us have played it. Good to hear that it's already in awesome shape, as we played one of the nicer courses here last weekend and I think we were both a bit disappointed at the shape and ready to play condition it was in.

I really want to play there

Would Ravenwood be a good choice for the thruway tour? I know one of the NYSGA amateur tournaments is there. I've never played it and have heard good things. Would love to get a round in there this year.

Pete, Dean, I just checked to book Saratoga national next saturday and there is nothing available after 1pm, we can get there to play earlier without any issue, just making sure the upgrade price tag is okay with you, if not we can look elsewhere too.

I just looked at the forecast and it looks good so far for next weekend, a lot of rain during the week, but the weekend should be okay.

Would Ravenwood be a good choice for the thruway tour? I know one of the NYSGA amateur tournaments is there. I've never played it and have heard good things. Would love to get a round in there this year.
I think this is a good idea.

Pete, Dean, I just checked to book Saratoga national next saturday and there is nothing available after 1pm, we can get there to play earlier without any issue, just making sure the upgrade price tag is okay with you, if not we can look elsewhere too.

I just looked at the forecast and it looks good so far for next weekend, a lot of rain during the week, but the weekend should be okay.
I'll play whenever, and pay whatever, but was Dean looking to see if his connection could get us out for the afternoon rate a little earlier? Or am I making that up? I can't remember.

Just got in from ArrowHead...44/45 putting was on for the front nine and driving the ball pretty good. It was still pretty wet out there and it was actually better to hit from the rough as opposed to the fairway on many shots. I'm playing Ravenwood on May 30 for NYSGA. I'll give feedback for the Thruway Tour.
Andy,you in for Thursday?

Just got in from ArrowHead...44/45 putting was on for the front nine and driving the ball pretty good. It was still pretty wet out there and it was actually better to hit from the rough as opposed to the fairway on many shots. I'm playing Ravenwood on May 30 for NYSGA. I'll give feedback for the Thruway Tour.
Andy,you in for Thursday?

Nice round, Allan. I'm in for Thursday if playable. Supposed to rain most of the week including Thursday.
If the conditions are really bad I'll save the day off for another week.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel Ravenwood is completely overrated for what they charge. I only play there when they have the spring and fall rates.

BTW, it was 70 and sunny in Firenze today. ;)

I think this is a good idea.

I'll play whenever, and pay whatever, but was Dean looking to see if his connection could get us out for the afternoon rate a little earlier? Or am I making that up? I can't remember.

Sounds like I can get us out for 85 before 1 on sat. Let me dig a little more.

Sounds like I can get us out for 85 before 1 on sat. Let me dig a little more.

awesome, anything after say 10h30 am so we have time to make the road

ya Ravenwood can be expensive, I only pay for golfnow tee times its a steal

Nice round, Allan. I'm in for Thursday if playable. Supposed to rain most of the week including Thursday.
If the conditions are really bad I'll save the day off for another week.
Ok..........we'll play it by ear and I'll watch the weather closely!

ya Ravenwood can be expensive, I only pay for golfnow tee times its a steal

Is it worth it? Comparable cost-wise to Seneca Hickory Stick which is pretty highly regarded.

Is it worth it? Comparable cost-wise to Seneca Hickory Stick which is pretty highly regarded.

If you compare it cost wise against Mill Creek or Hickory Stick, I say Ravenwood is overpriced. It is a good course, but the other two I mentioned are just as nice and not as much.

Got out today at Twin Hills with Jimmy and his buddy Derrick. Shot a 43/47 for a 90. Really struggled with the putter on the Back 9, three putting 4 times and four putting once. Completely lost the touch.

All in all, struck the ball well.

Here are couple of shots of Jimmy during the round.. Absolutely gorgeous day to play golf.

9abypere.jpg

5upynuqy.jpg

If you compare it cost wise against Mill Creek or Hickory Stick, I say Ravenwood is overpriced. It is a good course, but the other two I mentioned are just as nice and not as much.

More pricey than Hickory Stick? Too rich for my blood then :)

As Aaron said and absolute blast playing with him and my buddy Derrick today. Carded a 38/43 for a poor 81. I putter lights out on the front but couldn't chip or didn't have any touch with the wedges all day.

4ypepe7y.jpg

6azudyzy.jpg

8e2yjyma.jpg

du6u4y2a.jpg

zu8a5ema.jpg

7uhegehu.jpg

y5ezebeg.jpg

More pricey than Hickory Stick? Too rich for my blood then :)
Do we need to have around round price discussion for the Thruway series? I only ask because prices here seem to be a bit more than I remember paying for any course we played out west last year.

Jimmy and Aaron...great pics! That course looks to be in way better condition than any of the three that I've played here so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back