How did you meet your Significant Other?

Met at a bar, through friends. Wasn't even looking that night. Went on our first date to a brewers game in Milwaukee. Talked for the entire 8 hours (4 in a car) I figured it went well. Been almost 4 years and were Getting married in august.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Met Elizbeth on line 11 years ago and have lived together the past 8 years. We plan to be married next year. Our first date was to a mexican restaurant in Wichita, KS called Margaritas and I knew she was perfect for me as soon as I saw how short she was :)

I met my wife on eharmony.com. One of my friends mentioned that it had worked for a buddy of his so I gave it a shot. She was required to join for a grad school course and was only a member for a month. We met on there back in March of 2004. We dated for about three years, got married in 2007, and are getting ready to celebrate our 7 year anniversary in August. We have two great kids who are 4 and 1 years old.

I used to think online dating was weird, but it worked great for us.
That's an awesome story!

I met my wife at a local festival at the beer tent through mutual friends. Met when I was 20 and we've been married for about 4 and a half years

I met my wife in High School, we've lived in 3 houses, have 2 amazing kids and have been married for almost 8 years, it's been an awesome journey!

We dated for the last 18 months of high school and decided to break up at the end of our senior year since we were both going to colleges out of state. We bumped into one another once or twice when we were home from college but both of us moved out of state after college graduation and then didn't see one another until our 10 year high school reunion. We were engaged within a few months of the reunion and 20 years later are happy as can be.:act-up: The only bad part of the story is trying to convince our teenagers that their high school romances are silly and don't mean anything. It's funny looking back at those prom pictures of us from 1982 - seems like a lifetime ago.

We met on ChristianMingle.com, she actually found me first and made the opening contact. Both big football fans though different schools. We first met I was in Beaumont, she was in Baytown, and I remember telling her I would never move again. I was teaching at church, her late husband was a youth minister, so we also had that in common. We married a year later and were both teaching together on Wednesdays at our church in Beaumont, but her father took ill last August and passed in November so we moved to Baytown, no house note, no mortgage and no car notes, she still teaches here and I'm able to just work part time now at Golfsmith 4 days a week and get to play golf the other 3 days and she loves it and comes out with me when she can just to ride the cart and read a book. I'm very lucky to have her.

We worked together at a pizza/sub shop the summer after our freshman year of college. I remember staring at her when I had a few free moments and all I could think was "she is SO out of my league". After working with her for almost 2 months, I finally worked up the courage to have a conversation with her that lasted longer than "order up!" "thank you". When we were done talking, she smiled and said "I'm sorry, what's your name again?" and I forlornly looked down at the GIANT nametag on my apron and walked away.

3 weeks later, we were dating, and I spent every weekend visiting her at her college outside of Boston for the remaining 3 years we had left in college. This August marks 20 years since we started dating.

some pretty cool stories in here!

My wife was a grade older than me in school when she transferred to my elementary school, new each other then but never hung out till a A&P class in high school where we were in the same cat group. We never really dated or hung out in much besides class, she graduated and went to a local college, I finished high school then did the same.

Four yrs after she graduated we ran into each other a couple times at college and then I finally got her number when we ran into each other at Kmart. I asked her to come hang out with me and my friends a couple times and I paid for her dinner one night even though she was dating a guy.

Long story short we started dating close to 11 yrs ago(august) and will be married 7 yrs in June.

A while back I put a Yahoo Personals ad up, and after getting very few interesting results (a few dates, some nice people, but no keepers) I pretty much forgot about it. About a month later, early August, I get a chat message on yahoo Chat (was always on there, still am...friends, family etc) from some random young woman in MI (I was in Boston) who said "Hey I'm in MI but I was just browsing through ads and I wanted to tell you I liked yours...it made me laugh. Anyway I'm sure you're not looking for anyone in MI, so I won't keep you. Bye!"

I chatted back saying thanks, and we ended up chatting quite a bit, which turned into phone calls, eventually every day. I can't tell you how much this is _not_ like me, but I'd already told her that I loved her on the phone, before we ever met...this was late August. Over Labor Day weekend, I drove to MI to meet her and spent the weekend...met her parents even. Then I planned a week-long motorcycle trip in the Smokies in early October, and much to the chagrin of her family, she agreed to come. I flew to MI, we shopped for some riding gear, then we both flew to NC where I picked up a friend's bike and we rode in the mountains for a week. We flew to our respective homes at the end of the week, and maybe three weeks later she quit her job and drove to MA to live with me. When she drove up at my workplace upopn her arrival, it was the third time we'd 'met.' We only stayed in MA for two weeks, because I'd accepted a job in NC so we moved there pretty much right away.

This all happened in 2000. fast forward a bit...we've got a 6 year old son and a 3 year old daughter, and will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary this coming September 4th.

Was at Club in Providence, R.I. (Lupos) and stumbled across the street to my Cousin's bar (The Living Room) and climbed up on a bar stool and looked at my future wife, I told her right then "we will be together forever" she laughed at me. 36 years later and 2 great kids we are still making it work. It was her 1st night at work and the 1st time I ever went in my Cousin's Bar, fate is a strange thing.

While waiting for my ride to work in Melbourne, Australia an attractive young lady would pass me every day. She always had a serious look on her face and formal shoes on her feet. One day, I finally worked up the courage to greet her by telling her American women wore athletic shoes on the way to work and switched once they got there.

The next day she was wearing Nike's and smiling. We've been together ever since.

We've known each other since middle school but lost touch after college. When I came home from college she messages me on Myspace. We has our first date the next day and have been together ever since! 5 years, married for 2 years, we have one child and one on the way!

Was at Club in Providence, R.I. (Lupos) and stumbled across the street to my Cousin's bar (The Living Room) and climbed up on a bar stool and looked at my future wife, I told her right then "we will be together forever" she laughed at me. 36 years later and 2 great kids we are still making it work. It was her 1st night at work and the 1st time I ever went in my Cousin's Bar, fate is a strange thing.

The Living Room! I only went to the third location of it before it closed for good. Definitely a unique place to meet your future wife. Great story!

Met my wife in high school. I was a sophomore, she was a senior. I was dating her best friends sister. After that didn't work out, we started hanging out.

Got married, and have remained so the last 21 years.

This is such a neat thread, and really illustrates how random life can be sometimes, and also how effective online dating can be and that people don't need to be embarrassed about it.

I met my wife in science class, freshman year of high school. She sat in front of me and, being the class clown I was, I somehow got her attention and we started talking. I played it cool and got her AIM screen name from one of her friend and starting IMing her (how cool was I?). A lot of flirting back and forth, but didn't end up getting together right away, her choice, not mine. We both started dating other people but continued to flirt, then broke up with our significant others because of each other, but still didn't start dating until 4th of July 2000, we went out to watch fireworks with a group of friends, and ended up together by the end of the night. Got married in 2005, and just celebrated 9 years together 2 weeks ago.

20 yrs. ago my brother had ben dating a girl for a few yrs. she thought I should meet her friend blind date thing. we have been married since. My brother and his girl friend broke up 6 months later after our date...

A thread that Freddie started today made me go back to this thread. I figure after almost a year, it could use a bump as we have a TON of new people here.

And also that Freddie never posted his story in here!

I met my wife in third grade. We had been in the same school since 1st. But we were in the same 3rd class.
Still a true story.

Biology class at a community college.... Dated for two months and got married.... Been married for 36 yrs

It was September 1967, I was a sophmore in college and had returnes early to work orientation. The last day of orientation the freshmen (all men's college) were invited to a womens college 60 miles South for a mixer (dance). I had spent the afternoon attending several welcome back parties at the local watering holes (drinking age was 18 back then). I barely made it back to campus to catch the bus, I was supposed to be a chaperone for the freshmen. We arrived at the mixer and I noticed a gorgeous redhead standing with her friends, I went over and asked her to dance, we spent the evening talking and she gave me her address (yep address as in snail mail, no cell phones, no email back in those days).
She was sure I wouldn't remember it the next day, but I did and we started writing, I had no car so getting down to New Rochelle from Poughkeepsie wasn't easy. But we made it work and 48 years later, 44 married, we are still together.

Sent from my LG G3

Well, I didn't exactly meet Michelle on the internet.

I met her through the newspaper classifieds. Yeah we're that old.

20 years later things are still great!!

I met Jenn when I was actually going over to our friends house to try and date her. Our friend ended up not paying much attention to me and instead Jenn talked to me and every other time I went there it was always Jenn interested into me. This led to multiple dates and eventually marrying her :)

I met Jenn when I was actually going over to our friends house to try and date her. Our friend ended up not paying much attention to me and instead Jenn talked to me and every other time I went there it was always Jenn interested into me. This led to multiple dates and eventually marrying her :)
So she has a permanent case of Coersitis :)

Back