Minimum amount of warmup required

I am pretty lucky I guess. I usually play just fine taking a few practice swings and then teeing off.

But I also enjoy hitting a few balls beforehand if there is some time to burn.

For me, a brief stretching routine and a few minutes on the practice green and Im good to go. I dont notice a huge difference whether or not I hit a few balls on the range before I head to the first tee.

In a perfect routine I'd like about 20 minutes on the range for wedges up through driver, not every club, but close. Then about 10 minutes of chipping and 5 of putting.

Sometimes I go out cold but most of the time I chip/putt for about 10-15min and thats it. I really need to get into the habit of hitting a few balls too. My first 2 holes almost always feel stiff and horrible because of not warming up.

I find that if it's a later in the day kind of round, and I'm active throughout the day I don't need as long to warm up. This Saturday I was playing driveway basketball before my round, all I needed was good stretching. If early round, or not active, I need a handful of swings (roughly the 20 that everyone else is saying) to truly feel great.

I find its my head that needs to get warmed up as much as my body. I play a course with no range regularly and find warm up can be done without hitting a single ball.
For me slowing things down and working my way towards a playing pace and getting off the first tee with a nice well paced swing gets my game on track.
If I rush to the course, rush my warmup and rush to the first tee it guarantees a nasty start and a poor round.

tapping on my note s3

I used to be able to walk to the 1st tee and go, but these days at a minimum I need about a dozen full swings on the range. I like to roll a few medium-long putts as well to get some idea of the speed of the greens, but it isn't crucial.

Ideally I'd like 30 minutes at range and 15 to chip and putt but that never happens and it ends up being 20 minutes at range and 0 to 5 chipping and putting.

No range today...10 minutes on putting green

2 balls off 1st tee and Im good.

This is the minimum but I prefer to hit a small bucket before the 1st tee.

In a perfect world, 30-45 min warmup.. in the real world..usually tying my shoes is all the warm up i get..

I can get warm in about 15-20 min and maybe 30-40 range balls. More than that and I'm just spinning my wheels I feel

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Minimum amount of warmup required

I usually hit the practice green for a bit, then swing my Sklz gold flex a few time to limber up and tee it up. There are very few golf courses around here that even have driving ranges, but if I'm at one that has one then I'll hit some balls before the round.

I am usually okay just going to the tee box and hitting a driver but not rolling some putts first kills me and to a lesser extent chips and wedges. I 5 putted the first hole yesterday afternoon for that very reason.

As far as warmup, it usually starts well before the tee time with a hot soaking bath, light workout, stretching, fueling up, picking out a cigar....lol

It's really hard for me to play cold. It takes a while to dial in a swing, especially if you make changes. I like to give myself ample time to feel good on the range before I go out.

I am just going out to have some beers and such it don't matter, but it seems most of the golf I play (leagues and tournaments) I want to be fully warmed up. I don't need much, or any, time putting and chipping, that always seemed to come natural. But making full swings is something I have had to train myself to do.

I can get ready to go in 1/2hr but prefer 1hr so i don't feel rushed but in the summer when it is over 100 it might be 1/2 that

this might sound funny. But warming up tends to throw me off a little more than not warming up. Just grew accustomed to walking from the parking lot to the first tee.

this might sound funny. But warming up tends to throw me off a little more than not warming up. Just grew accustomed to walking from the parking lot to the first tee.

I had this theory before myself. Actually think as I get loose later in the round my swing gets longer and looser. Now I just think it's normal inconsistency from refusing to practice.

Sometimes i wish i would have done that when your first few range shots are great and you shank one off the first tee

I've played pretty well walking straight onto the first tee, but I usually like to get a dozen full swings and a couple dozen chips and putts before I get out.

I need a good 45 minutes to warm up. I hit about 60 balls, then putt and chip. Really need to loosen and get some range time in and then I am ready for 18

If I have time I will share a small bucket....usually only need a dozen or so swings to get loose, but mostly I just need to stretch and get my mind right.

Depends if I'm golfing with my wife. She is not much into warming up. Ideally I would like 45 mins.

I absolutely hate playing "cold". Generally I stretch for 5 minutes or so, swing my orange whip for a minute or two, putt for a couple minutes and hit maybe 20 balls max. I like to simulate playing the first hole or two on the range..

I go to the course cold more times than not...give me a "breakfast ball" and I'm good.

I definitely play worse when I haven't done any warming up - my home course has a range so I usually hit a few balls with various clubs just to loosen up (maybe 15-20 balls max) and then roll some putts on the putting green

Nothing major, but it is enough to help me get the round started - too much time spent on the range before the round usually means I suffer as the round goes on - I don't want to hit 75 balls on the range and then add in all the shots on the course as well

Back