Callaway Supersoft Ball

I bought a huge box of soft compression DT Solo balls on the bay one time. I loved the feel. When they were gone I noticed my swing had changed and I started hooking all my driver shots. I believe this was due to how long the ball stays compressed against the face of the club before releasing. The difference was huge when going back to normal balls, maybe as much as 10 degrees of swing.

Grabbed a box of these at lunch today, seem like they're worth a try.

Thats how they feel off of any club I'm sure you will love them.

I plan plan to mash a few of them against the club face this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

I plan plan to mash a few of them against the club face this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

They really get up and out there off of my Altitudes

Any high swing speed guy hitting this ball?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

so who has tried these yet?? wondering how you feel about them. i prefer a soft ball and for the price these seem like they could be a good ball. interested to hear how others like them

so who has tried these yet?? wondering how you feel about them. i prefer a soft ball and for the price these seem like they could be a good ball. interested to hear how others like them

Lots of feedback in this thread for you to check. Generally speaking, the ball has been well recieved.

Any high swing speed guy hitting this ball?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

My driver swing speed is 105, not setting the world on fire, but I really enjoy the way these perform off the driver and irons.

I think they are one of the best "soft" balls out there. They perform really well and have a tendency to do nothing but go straight. I've enjoyed the time I have spent with them.

Played with these balls for the first time yesterday, been using Srixon Q-Star and Titleist Velocity for the most part.
These are a home run for me from tee to green. They are straighter than anything I have used and amazing out of sand, the cover surprisingly holds up very well. I can't believe a ball at this price point is this awesome, I will be stocking up on these!

Thanks to the kindness of THPer lmh3, I now have a couple of these to test out. I'm a big fan of the Wilson Duo, so I'm looking forward to seeing how these compare for me.

Put these into play today, very nice feeling ball. They felt great off the driver and irons in the cooler temps. There is such a thing as too high though. These can reach staggering heights and are about a half club longer throughout the bag. They remind me a lot of the Precept Lady iq180 balls that I would play at times when it was colder. The wind got pretty stiff (25mph at least) on the back nine and made things pretty tough, but they didn't seem to get blown offline any more than any other ball would have. I would prefer a spinnier ball around the green, but these stop quicker than I expected. All in all a very good ball for the money.

This ball loves the green. It's a green magnet. Chips and pitches, this will stick. Putting on the other hand... As a high handicapper, I am very impressed by this. I had it in play all day and most of my drives were straighter, although I did lose a sleeve from some bad slices. They are surprisingly durable for a soft ball, but I did have to replace a couple because they got banged up a bit.
I think I may have to replace my e6 balls for these. $20 for a dozen, better stock up before Callaway realizes their potential and start marking them up.

I used this ball when the Callaway rep gave me a sleeve in February. Liked it. Got a box of taylormade project a from the TM rep and played those. Still fairly chilly up here in New England. I like the super soft better. Longer and straighter. Not as much stoping power on approach shots as the project a, but with cold and wind up here they will be my ball until the summer hits.

Played a couple of full rounds with a regular playing partner this weekend (very consistent chap).
For the last 6-8 months, he's consistently been 20-30 yds further of the tee than me but through both rounds with the supersoft, I was consistently within 5yds and occasionally past him.
Couple of holes I'd have said just a shift in luck but consistently over 36 holes over 2 days in varying weather, there's been a change and the only thing that's changed is my ball.

I played a round with these yesterday and came away extremely impressed. I found it to be very forgiving but also long and straight. I found my ball for the season and the price is definitely right.

I played another round yesterday with the Super Soft, it was much warmer this time and when it reached 75 degrees this ball was really performing well, I can see that as the temps get into the 80s or higher this ball will be the one to play.

This ball loves the green. It's a green magnet. Chips and pitches, this will stick. Putting on the other hand... As a high handicapper, I am very impressed by this. I had it in play all day and most of my drives were straighter, although I did lose a sleeve from some bad slices. They are surprisingly durable for a soft ball, but I did have to replace a couple because they got banged up a bit.
I think I may have to replace my e6 balls for these. $20 for a dozen, better stock up before Callaway realizes their potential and start marking them up.

What do you mean when you say it will stick with chips and pitches? I've found pretty much the exact opposite, which is fine considering the type of ball it is. Just have to account for added release when I play with it.

What do you mean when you say it will stick with chips and pitches? I've found pretty much the exact opposite, which is fine considering the type of ball it is. Just have to account for added release when I play with it.

I have had the same thing when I played them. Honestly have liked them ALOT more than the X2Hot balls because I have had the same issue with both but have hit these better off the tee. Both have been really hard to control around the greens.

I have had the same thing when I played them. Honestly have liked them ALOT more than the X2Hot balls because I have had the same issue with both but have hit these better off the tee. Both have been really hard to control around the greens.

I can still control them, but I just plan for a little roll out. No big deal though. I agree about liking them on full swings. Great feeling ball and I get excellent ball speeds from them.

I can still control them, but I just plan for a little roll out. No big deal though. I agree about liking them on full swings. Great feeling ball and I get excellent ball speeds from them.

When I say control, thats more what I meant. We really have similar games/issues. Kind of scary. haha

Have used the Supersoft Ball the last couple of rounds and have been really impressed. The temperatures for the rounds has been right around 50 degrees and I am not losing any distance.

I was full of anticipation, but I was not impressed with the Supersoft. I've been using the Duo for a year, and love it. However, when I read all the positive reviews here about the Supersoft it sounded like it might push the Duo out of my bag. In fairness, I guess the jury is still out, but for me the Supersoft is not as long as the Duo (it's close) and gives me far more sidespin. Not to say the quality (or lack thereof) was the main contributing factor, but I saw Supersofts go places I've seldom seen the Duo visit.

Saturday afternoon I had a chance to play an 18 hole match pitting the two balls against each other. I know the huge variable here is my swing, but the Duo won the match 71-76. There were several times I would hit a good shot with the Duo, and then watch basically the same shot with the Supersoft go far off line. I know I'd have to do this same match several more times to get a better overall picture, but for me the Duo still is a better ball. Plus, I like the softer feel of the Duo off the club face compared to the Supersoft. My 2 cents.

Back