Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Fairway Wood Preview

That is for me. The more I am hitting the 5w either off the tee or off the deck, I am gaining A LOT of confidence with it. Feel like I can use it in any situation.

At 17* I really do think it has eliminated the 3w from my MC bag. In general I really need to start hitting it more when I play off the tee, the distance is all there for me.

I don't think there is a club I want to get in the bag faster than the 5/7 fairway. Bone stock it is perfect for my swing.

At 17* I really do think it has eliminated the 3w from my MC bag. In general I really need to start hitting it more when I play off the tee, the distance is all there for me.

That may become an issue for me as the temperatures warm up. Was hitting it about 230-235 today and my 3 wood is about 250-260.. If that narrows I may have to adjust it.

But right now it is fitting nicely between my four iron and the 3 wood.

I don't think there is a club I want to get in the bag faster than the 5/7 fairway. Bone stock it is perfect for my swing.

Yeah, me sending it to you kinda went out the window when I finally gave it a legit chance over the 3+ hahaha. I am going to put the 6Q3-S from the + into it tomorrow instead of the 7Q3-X I have in it right now and see what is what as for shaft selection in the MC. I know it'll be the 6Q3, I just don't know the flex.

Yeah, me sending it to you kinda went out the window when I finally gave it a legit chance over the 3+ hahaha. I am going to put the 6Q3-S from the + into it tomorrow instead of the 7Q3-X I have in it right now and see what is what as for shaft selection in the MC. I know it'll be the 6Q3, I just don't know the flex.

I am glad you gave it another shot. I really like how like the gap it has filled for me. I have never had a club that will give me an easy 220 yards off the deck and it gives me so many options.

I am glad you gave it another shot. I really like how like the gap it has filled for me. I have never had a club that will give me an easy 220 yards off the deck and it gives me so many options.

On the range Friday the two I usually play with finally just asked why I don't hit it off the tee more since my irons are more than long enough to still have good shots into greens. I told them I had no clue why I didn't.

It will be such a good club for both courses in Myrtle. I expect it to be my primary option off the tee at Caledonia.

It will be such a good club for both courses in Myrtle. I expect it to be my primary option off the tee at Caledonia.

I was thinking the same, give me consistent and in the short grass all day.

Looking forward to plugging the 6Q3 into the 5w today. Its pretty much the last thing I need to settle before I send my order in.

I need to spend more time with the + head and 6q3.....major decision for me.

Hate not having an outdoor range with a selection of clubs...

I need to spend more time with the + head and 6q3.....major decision for me.

Hate not having an outdoor range with a selection of clubs...

Cookie, you know how much I loved the +, but the regular 5w is so stinking easy off the tee and the deck its a non-thought for me now.

Cookie, you know how much I loved the +, but the regular 5w is so stinking easy off the tee and the deck its a non-thought for me now.

Guess I should change my thought to needing to try both. If I add this, it will be at the cost of dropping a 58* wedge....it would be off the tee club as the MC format does not lend itself well to someone like me going at par 5's in 2.

.......I am going to put the 6Q3-S from the + into it tomorrow instead of the 7Q3-X I have in it right now and see what is what as for shaft selection in the MC. I know it'll be the 6Q3, I just don't know the flex.

I recently dropped the 6Q3-S from the + into the older Amp Cell 5/7 and its a beast. THE best shaft I have plaid in a fairway....

Guess I should change my thought to needing to try both. If I add this, it will be at the cost of dropping a 58* wedge....it would be off the tee club as the MC format does not lend itself well to someone like me going at par 5's in 2.

If only you knew someone.

Hi I've got hit Bio Cell and Cell plus and immediately got Bio Cell plus (3-4w) into my bag.
What a lovely club!
I've started golfing with Buffler Fairways, which was easy to swing and hit, but launching too high and got hooked often. Distance was so-so.
Then moved to Amp cell Fairways, which makes great shot distance, but sometimes I got slice or pushed out to way right.

Bio cell didn't fit me well, but Cell plus, amazing amazing and amazing.
It gives me much lower launching with lower spinning, which makes great penetrating shot like a rifle!
Furthermore, it is very easy to make full swing, which I didn't imagine.
It is easy almost like Buffler fairways without spinning out or terrible hooking.

I didn't get good deal 'cause it is quite new, but I'm very happy to finding out great fairway from Cobra.

Hi I've got hit Bio Cell and Cell plus and immediately got Bio Cell plus (3-4w) into my bag.
What a lovely club!
I've started golfing with Buffler Fairways, which was easy to swing and hit, but launching too high and got hooked often. Distance was so-so.
Then moved to Amp cell Fairways, which makes great shot distance, but sometimes I got slice or pushed out to way right.

Bio cell didn't fit me well, but Cell plus, amazing amazing and amazing.
It gives me much lower launching with lower spinning, which makes great penetrating shot like a rifle!
Furthermore, it is very easy to make full swing, which I didn't imagine.
It is easy almost like Buffler fairways without spinning out or terrible hooking.

I didn't get good deal 'cause it is quite new, but I'm very happy to finding out great fairway from Cobra.

Thanks fornthe feedback on this one and congrats on finding something that fits you.

I get to hit the entire line tomorrow and absolutely cant wait.

Thanks fornthe feedback on this one and congrats on finding something that fits you.

I get to hit the entire line tomorrow and absolutely cant wait.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the fairways, because the + is definitely more demanding of the two in my time with them.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the fairways, because the + is definitely more demanding of the two in my time with them.

Will gladly be updating in each cobra thtead..

Im very anxious and need some numbers. My personal opinions are so conflicting about the entire line. after talking with you and alot of the other thp'er who have it bothbsides of the line I have realized that there isnt a cookie cutter answer. Some the bio line has been the ticket and struggle with the +. Then some swear by the + line over the regular.

I ran the BioCell driver against the Bertha today at Golfsmith, and to my surprise, was getting better numbers with the BioCell. Going to go back tomorrow and give my 3W Bertha a test against the BioCell and BioCell + 3W and see what we see. I definitely like the look of the + more.

Thanks Golferbest,
Carrying distance is quite bit improved from Amp cell fairway, but Bio cell plus makes stronger ball speed and penetration which makes huge running distance.
But the best thing for me is much much less dispersive this club is.

I will bring this for this weekend round.

Thanks Golferbest,
Carrying distance is quite bit improved from Amp cell fairway, but Bio cell plus makes stronger ball speed and penetration which makes huge running distance.
But the best thing for me is much much less dispersive this club is.

I will bring this for this weekend round.

Definetly picked a winner if dispersion and distance has improved. What color did you go with?

I got raven black. Quite sharp looking.
But my buddies won't notice.

Thats what I swung at my fitting today. Set at 15. Man it was pretty at setup. what a solid club and shaft combo

Try 13 degree

Try 13 degree

Thats what I swung at my fitting today. Set at 15. Man it was pretty at setup. what a solid club and shaft combo

i also tried 12.5 deg.
shot was like laser beam!
very low launch and surprising penetration.
that would be good weapon in windy day.

i also tried 12.5 deg.
shot was like laser beam!
very low launch and surprising penetration.
that would be good weapon in windy day.

Thats brave. I may give it a go once I get it in the bag, but probably on the range only. :)

Back