Do you keep notes on your scorecard?

Crowe925

Reaction score
Handicap
The ball
Like what club you used per shot, errors, notes for future reference,(especially on a new course). My scorecard is full of notes after a round.

I don't typically don't, but it's not a bad idea.

Only F, L and R for Fairway hit, miss left or right, and M for missed short and # of putts.

once in a while if something really jumps out at me but if i do make a note it is mostly to tell the club house about a issue on course (broken Sprinkler cover, disruptive groups....)

once in a while if something really jumps out at me but if i do make a note it is mostly to tell the club house about a issue on course (broken Sprinkler cover, disruptive groups....)

Oh yeah. When we get paired up I will write down something like Bill red cap, Joe blue shirt.

Oh yeah. When we get paired up I will write down something like Bill red cap, Joe blue shirt.

That makes alot of sence i hate being half way through the round and not remembering a guys name

All the time. If I get a sandy, if there's something on my mind that I can sum up in a couple of words, I'll probably put it on my scorecard. I'm usually pulling out my scorecard to check pin locations often, so I'll see my notes a lot.

I don't carry a stack of scorecards with me and review what I have done on every shot in the past before I hit the ball. It's more for when I get home Ill go over it and see what situations can be avoided in the future, more or less.

No notes, just score fairways/greens/putts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

No notes, just score fairways/greens/putts.
I don't keep track of greens hit, since counting putts correctly, means greens hit or not hit is a given. And because I only have a limited amount of room to write!

Same here. Most times I go out as single and have a few names to remember. It's embarrassing calling people by the wrong name.

I will note direction of my misses or penalties, otherwise it's just stats I keep on my cards. I like the idea of putting down the names of who you're paired with if you don't know them, so you don't forget. Will have to remember to use that.

Not really, just stats. Sometimes names though, if there's a lot of folks I don't know.

Yes, I keep:

Score
FW hit or miss direction with what club
GIR
Putts
Penalty
Sand shots
Highlights from the hole (54* wedge to 6 feet for example)

Sometimes. If I do its normally in a practice round for a tournament or when breaking in new clubs.

I will sometimes keep track of gir, fir and putts. Mostly just the putts when I am trying a new putter.

Yes, I keep:

Score
FW hit or miss direction with what club
GIR
Putts
Penalty
Sand shots
Highlights from the hole (54* wedge to 6 feet for example)
If I hole out a long shot (putt, chip, etc.) I will walk it off and mark that down.

I keep track of fairways hit, # of putts, and distance if 1st putt. Oh and the score of course!

I used to but I do not anymore. It ended putting too many thoughts my head that I didn't need

Fairway hit or <-- --> based on missed direction, GIR, Putts, and Penalties. I tried to take notes on particular shots on the front 9 a week ago, and I ended up paying more attention to that than golfing. I put the notebook away and shot 12 shots better on the back...so there's that.

I just keep track of location of drives, GIR, # of putts & penalties.

If I'm playing a practice round then I might make notes on where the miss should be & green undulations, but that's about it. Typically I'll look at the course online and make notes on my phone ahead of time to speed up the process of analyzing while I'm playing.

Sometimes I'll write down if I 3 putt, but only if I had a chance at a good score on the hole.

The only thing I do is record the putts per hole. I may add Fairways and Greens in regulation at some point. Those two things don't happen often enough right now to justify it. lol

My instructor just gave me a Par-formance note book that allows me to do all of that. It's a pretty nifty book. I've also got an app for my phone that does something similar, although I can't make personal notes.

Yep!

Here is a picture of one of my scorecards. Since then I have developed a system to help me keep track of where I lost shots.

Top number is hole score, second number below that is the number of putts, then below it are notes about each hole and where I gave up shots.

BD= Bad Drive a/k/a had to punch out or use rescue club
MA= Missed Approach a/k/a had to give myself a chip/pitch onto the green, can also mean a bad punch out shot
ST= Sand Trap shot
FC= Flubbed Chip
TC= Thinned Chip
MW= Missed Wedge Shot

Back