One night left in our once a month couples league. I'm averaging 154 which is my highest ever. I'm one of those straight ball throwers. Never been able to figure out the curving ball thing. Golf season is in full tilt.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

How long is the season if it's only once a month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started in August I believe.

Started in August I believe.

While I wouldn't be crazy about it starting in August, I think I'm a huge fan of the once-a-month thing. This every Wednesday from Labor Day to May is TOO LONG.

While I wouldn't be crazy about it starting in August, I think I'm a huge fan of the once-a-month thing. This every Wednesday from Labor Day to May is TOO LONG.

Yeah it's great. Not a huge time or $$ commitment and you still get to have a guaranteed night out with some good folks each month, while trying to knock down those darn pins. Really a great setup. It may have started in September now that I look back.

I did the weekly thing which was like 36 weeks once and that's just crazy.

I bowled 279-212-233=724. I had a split in the first frame for an open, then threw 11 strikes in a row. One week left, then golf starts.

I bowled 279-212-233=724. I had a split in the first frame for an open, then threw 11 strikes in a row. One week left, then golf starts.
That's a phenomenal night. Too bad about the split.

Went for a ball fitting last night. After 2 hours and 12 setups I was told I should stick with urethane. I picked up a New Brunswick Karma for $50 drilled.

You guys hear about that guy in CO bowling a 900 series then his next time out he bowls an 875?? Seriously that's ridiculous. 300,300,300,300,275,300 lol wow

I was standing next to Tommy Golick when he originally set the strike record at Red Crown. That many strokes and that series were crazy enough. Seeing 3 straight 300's would be perfect.

I was standing next to Tommy Golick when he originally set the strike record at Red Crown. That many strokes and that series were crazy enough. Seeing 3 straight 300's would be perfect.

Seriously its ridiculous! 4 in a row? Then 5 outta 6 just doesn't seem right

Well dang it!!
1st game I went X, 8 split/spare then struck thru 8. Then 10 pin tap. Again in the 10th & 6 for 244.
2nd game . Front 6, 10 pin tap/spare stuck til 10th ..X 9/ 268
Told they guys I need 289 for my 1st 800. 1st frame..you guessed it 10 pin got the spare. They said well there's that..not so fast I can shoot 290. Well stuck to 7th 10 pin AGAIN!!. Struck next frame but that was that. 227 for a 739. Oh well, guess there's next year.

Well dang it!!
1st game I went X, 8 split/spare then struck thru 8. Then 10 pin tap. Again in the 10th & 6 for 244.
Told they guys I need 289 for my 1st 800. 1st frame..you guessed it 10 pin got the spare. They said well there's that..not so fast I can shoot 290. Well stuck to 7th 10 pin AGAIN!!. Struck next frame but that was that. 227 for a 739. Oh well, guess there's next year.

Sounds like a great night that was close to be a really great night. I hate getting tapped when you have it going like that.

Well dang it!!

I'd be happy with a 700+ series tonight.
We have our League Championship roll off tonight. Need to finish the year strong!

From the mini-computer!

Oh, I finished with a 193 ave. Down a few pins from last couple of years

I'd be happy with a 700+ series tonight.
We have our League Championship roll off tonight. Need to finish the year strong!

From the mini-computer!
Hope you didnt HIGH RIGHT the bowling ball into the alley 2 lanes over ................. :-O

Bowling is over finally! We came in 5th out of 32 teams. We won decent money here comes golf.

A guy in my league last night shot 3 279 games for an 837 series. It was doubles night, between doubles and high game he won over $2000. I shot 704 and my partner shot 718 and we did not win a dime in doubles.

Coming out of retirement for a charity bowl-a-thon my work is doing. It is for Junior Achievement in Orlando on the 16th. I have not bowled since I left bowlingball.com, and I am going left handed instead of my normal right handed. This is going to be interesting. Only 1 person in my office knows I used to bowl and that is my father in law. He is the one who volunteered me for this tournament.

Woo Hoo! No bowling just payout in 20 mins.

Bowled in a City & County tournament last night. The conditions were perfect for my shot. And I stunk. 217 in the first game with an open in the 10th...and I drank too much to remember the final two games, but I ended up with a 599 series (of course). I know in the third game I opended in the 9th AND 10th.

Just started back bowling about a month ago (was first time throwing a bowl since bicep tendon surgery) going pretty well so far, but no where near where I was before injury.
Hopefully by next year I will be back and maybe get another 300 game :)

Just started back bowling about a month ago (was first time throwing a bowl since bicep tendon surgery) going pretty well so far, but no where near where I was before injury.
Hopefully by next year I will be back and maybe get another 300 game :)
How many do you have? I'm still searching for my first...and to be honest...it's the only reason I still bowl. #thechase

How many do you have? I'm still searching for my first...and to be honest...it's the only reason I still bowl. #thechase

Really? Gonna shut it down after you get one?

Really? Gonna shut it down after you get one?
I keep saying it, but probably not. For me...the season is just too long. From Labor Day to mid-May it too much. I wish it were November through the end of February....

I keep saying it, but probably not. For me...the season is just too long. From Labor Day to mid-May it too much. I wish it were November through the end of February....

I agree but we have a team full of swing shift guys so I bowled just over half and love this rotation. I got my 300 1.5 years ago but I only bowling to drink beer and hang with the fellas.

Back