Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

saw this right next to the tee box this summer

Little different here in Florida.. Armadillos, fox squirrels, rattlesnakes and some funny looking "rare" turtles..

a few summers ago on the Plantation Course on Edisto Island, SC

DSC_5248-X2.jpg

Saw a few oryx gallop across the fairway at a tourney at white sands MR. Beautiful looking animal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Atlantic City Country Club has a couple of red foxes that come right up to the tee as you're waiting to hit. I guess they're looking for handouts. One even sniffed almost into our cart - might have smelled the peanut butter crackers!

Lots of deer out today at Oak Trail at Walt Disney World.

58wVK6h.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly wild life but we had a cow on the course today it looked tasty.

u6u7uryr.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/
13/12/12/7uvuhana.jpg

Tiger's Eye, in Ocean Ridge Plantation, NC this past November

We played 72 in 48. My buddy who is a high handicapper on day 1 one kept saying the whole day that all he wanted to see we're some gators... Well he got his wish day 2...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of coyotes and deer this time of year. Today I say a squished bull frog... poor little guy.

I'm sure you didn't squish him but That's just wrong! Where is the hate button.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

First of all let me apologize by not having any photos but the guy with the bird didn't want to scare him but I got to see a red tailed hawk on the golf course today as the owner of the bird wanted to bring him onto the golf course to hunt squirrels mice and other rodents because the golf course is a prime area for those things to live and it thons the population and allow some of the golf course to grow better

Came across this wee dude this evening near the practice green gorging himself on fallen plums.

You can't see them all but there were 8 deer frolicking around on 16 yesterday.

20140131_162650_zpsw5nlou2z.jpg

Played Timber Point yesterday and saw a herd of white tailed deer run through the woods. Then five minutes later a lone deer ran across the fairway.

I could not convince my buddy to just leave his ball there, it was about 8 feet from this big boy. The angle does not show that he was a 7 to 8 footer but my friend was lucky the gator was not hungry and turned and slid into the water.

20140426_115400_zpshondxm2f.jpg

I could not convince my buddy to just leave his ball there, it was about 8 feet from this big boy. The angle does not show that he was a 7 to 8 footer but my friend was lucky the gator was not hungry and turned and slid into the water.
I am taking a free drop in that situation every time. And I am dropping farther away than that guy is standing!

Saratoga National, Saratoga NY:

Lemon Bay Golf Club, Englewood FL:

Ok got an email someone sent.
Is this real? Somewhere in Florida taken off a golf course, a eastern diamond back that is crazy HUGE. Had 1/4" dia. & 6" long fangs.

Next to the 15th tee this past Sunday:

gator_zpsa790ebf8.jpg

Had a baby groundhog try and steal my ball today, but all it could do was roll it a few feet because it was too small. Pretty fun to watch

Saw a hawk trying to get to a crow's nest (I think it was a crow). The hawk was just chilling on the limb and the crows were squawking and trying to make him go away. They obviously don't follow proper golf etiquette.

jqzMqMe.jpg

Back