Houston Area THP group

I guess is should fix my poon putting strokes before the next time we play

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
How was the course?

Course was decent. Greens were a little slow and bumpy, but it was a good time. It was nice meeting you nikko, and hopefully we can get another round together soon.

Sorry I missed the round guys. I got back in town sooner than I thought, but didn't want to take a spot if I might not be there.

I got out and played early yesterday and stunk it up. Played Blackhorse from the tips & scrambled for a 97. Driver was hot & cold all day & left me very frustrated. I'll be on the range this week trying to straighten it out before Sun and the tournament Jank & I are playing in.

Sorry I missed the round guys. I got back in town sooner than I thought, but didn't want to take a spot if I might not be there.

I got out and played early yesterday and stunk it up. Played Blackhorse from the tips & scrambled for a 97. Driver was hot & cold all day & left me very frustrated. I'll be on the range this week trying to straighten it out before Sun and the tournament Jank & I are playing in.
What tournament are you guys playing in?

What tournament are you guys playing in?

Its a yearly thing I do with a group of guys. Ryder Cup style matches. 36 holes at Kingwood CC.

I guess is should fix my poon putting strokes before the next time we play

It was great meeting you Nikko....we will play again soon.

Its a yearly thing I do with a group of guys. Ryder Cup style matches. 36 holes at Kingwood CC.
That's awesome, a guy I played golf with just did a Ryder type of event over three days in Horseshoe Bay.

That's awesome, a guy I played golf with just did a Ryder type of event over three days in Horseshoe Bay.

I would like it over three days bc 36 in one day is tough, but fun.

anyone doing anything this weekend? i'll probably play a round or two at one of the doodoo courses at bear creek. def playing friday afternoon since it's my day off, maybe playing sunday afternoon.

Yup. Posted that in the golf subforum. North side gets everything

Alright crew, are we still looking to golf the weekend of May 16th.

awesome. played a little warm up round today at bear creek presidents. greens were terrible. it's like my ball was on railroad tracks to the hole. bumps the whole way. i signed up for the player's club since i work so close. unlimited range balls baby.

bear creek is always a dump..

i played windrose yesterday after a mix up in scheduling with our boss. we were supposed to play augusta pines .. anyway windrose fairways are nice .. greens have been super sanded and they apparently used the sand out of the bunkers because those have none in them lol.

played that years ago .. it is a wonderful layout ...sucks that it will be private when its gets redone id love to play a pristine course of that layout.

I really like the layout as well. It has been closed for quite a while now though, so I will be interested to see if they completely blow it up and redesign everything. That is the route I assume they will go. A lot of potential on that property, though.

Any golf courses in mind? I guess we can shoot for an early tee time, so right now we have 5. Would be ideal to have 1 or two more so we can have two groups.

Golf Courses we can try that as a group we have not played:
Quail Valley La Quinta
Eagle Pointe
Cypresswood

Any golf courses in mind? I guess we can shoot for an early tee time, so right now we have 5. Would be ideal to have 1 or two more so we can have two groups.

Golf Courses we can try that as a group we have not played:
Quail Valley La Quinta
Eagle Pointe
Cypresswood

Depending on budgets we could play Meadowbrook Farms also, but don't know what $$ you guys want to spend.

Depending on budgets we could play Meadowbrook Farms also, but don't know what $$ you guys want to spend.
Is Meadowbrook Farms worth $89+tax?

Is Meadowbrook Farms worth $89+tax?

probably not, but that's the rate for any decent course in the AM unfortunately. I would recommend we play a twilight tee time, but I know that might not work for some.

I know we can do BlackHorse for around $70 Or even Cypress Lakes for cheaper. I'm good with Cypresswood (Cypress or Tradition)

I can be in that weekend if you are talking Sat or Sun (17th/18th), but not Friday. Afternoon Saturday. Morning or afternoon Sunday. I'm on the NE side, but would be open to any of the courses because I've never played any of them.

Last edited:
Back