How many extra wraps do you use with your grips?

Standard size grip with 1/2 of a piece of tape at the lower end to remove some taper and 4 full pieces over that to bring it up to a mid-size. Before I did this I had a death grip on my clubs and now my grip is much lighter.

I have a midsize with +1 on the top and +2 on the bottom

Don't ask me I wasn't smart enough to figure that out. It came from a custom fitting.

oversize grip and 2 or 3 wraps based on shaft butt size. I wear an XXL glove in most brands.

4 layers of masking tape staggered to build up the lower hand and 1 piece of 2-sided grip tape. Regular size grip.

Im currently using mid-sized but I usually go standard plus 3 or so to get around that size

Im a one extra layer kinda guy. I can play stadard but prefer thr extra layer. Any more than 2 and it doesnt feel right

I like the standard +2 (3 total) in irons/woods but I've gone back to midsize grips for hybrids and wedges to promote a fade (at least in my mind).

I'm very basic. Just a normal size grip with a single spiral wrap around with 1/2 tape.

Old thread I know.
Wondering if anyone puts more under the left hand (top) than the bottom. I seem to hit straighter with 3 wraps under my left and 1 under my right. In fairness that was 60 balls and 1 range session, but it caught my attention.

Old thread I know.
Wondering if anyone puts more under the left hand (top) than the bottom. I seem to hit straighter with 3 wraps under my left and 1 under my right. In fairness that was 60 balls and 1 range session, but it caught my attention.
I'm experimenting on this with my wedges. Similar concept to the NDMC plus 4 deal to keep them the same taper down, but not as significant. Hope you have someone that does help out!

I play midsize grips on irons, but have two extra wraps on my driver and lob wedge.

I usually do two extra wraps, but thinking I might go with more next time I do my grips.

No extra wraps on irons but add a wrap or two on RH on woods

2 extra wraps on standard .600 core grips. No extra on standard .580 core grips. All of my shafts are .600 and .610 butt size.

3 on all my irons. Midsize grips on my woods.

Two. I have large hands.

3 wraps on standard size grips

GP midsize with masking tape +4 (+5 under the right hand) on the irons. I got there via trial and error. Blow on the grip, check the feel. Blow it off. Lather, rinse, repeat. Stopped when I liked the feel.

Standard size grips with 3 wraps for the right hand and 2 wraps for the left hand.

Standard size grips with 3 wraps for the right hand and 2 wraps for the left hand.

Bang. Great minds think alike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appear to be doing the opposite of everyone else (as a right hander putting 3 wraps under my left hand). I have only done this with my 22* hybrid, but it's the best I have ever hit it. I may do my 3 wood tonight and see what happens Saturday at golf. If that works out I'll try a few more. One of my big problems is loosing my short irons to the right, but that's just blocking them.

I'm using midsize grips with 3 layers of tape.

Mash, do you have really large hands. I measure to a midsize but that seems like a lot of tape.
I'm using midsize grips with 3 layers of tape.

Back