Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just all over the place for the next few days. Supposed to start raining this afternoon. Tommorrow's high is 47 degrees with a 70% chance of rain, then Thursday 72 degrees with an 80% chance of rain. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday all have rain in the forcast, but "few showers" is better than "periods of rain."

the next few days are really going to stink. So much for getting my lesson in.

the next few days are really going to stink. So much for getting my lesson in.
Thanks for the reminder. I really need a big mirror--or to take Jimmy's suggestion and take my 6 iron to the gym.

Also...I played softball last night. So can't wait to see what my swing is like Thursday night back at golf.

It's been a steady downpour all day today. This will take awhile to dry out. More rain in the forecast too.

Been cold and rainy down here too. Hoping it'll turn around in the next few days so I can get a round in

Thanks for the reminder. I really need a big mirror--or to take Jimmy's suggestion and take my 6 iron to the gym.

Also...I played softball last night. So can't wait to see what my swing is like Thursday night back at golf.

Softball used to kill my golf swing and vice-verse before I retired :)

Softball used to kill my golf swing and vice-verse before I retired :)
I really had no intentions of playing this year, but we had some guys get hurt and a few retire, so I was needed--literally, it's coed, 7 guys 3 girls on the field at all times. Last night we played with 6 guys and 4 girls, which is all we had at the game. I pounded the softball last night, which makes sense based on how I hit the golf ball the other night (terribly). I'll be interested to see what it does to my swing when I'm back on the golf course Thursday night. I may have to hit the softball left handed going forward.

I had fun today...........played 9 holes at Buffalo Tournament Club. 25mph winds and soaked fairways but the greens were great!
Kinda reminds me of Ocean City,it was a test of endurance!

That course has one of the best, if not the best, greens in the area.

been a little under the weather lately.....not too bad....the rain has washed out any golf i may have been able to play. have not touched a club in 11 days....hope i remember which end of club to hold! my memory may be fading of what is like to walk off an almost 300 yard drive......lol.......:banana:

While I don't like the rain, it certainly made it easier to finish the packing this week. Can't wait to hit a range next week.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rain is no bueno... I played yesterday in the 3 hours break we had and there were lakes where there is usually fairway..... talk about a new challenge

My league round last night was WET. We got rained on for a hole and a half, but the course was already saturated from the last two days. Splash your shins while walking down the fairway wet. Oddly enough, I still hit the ball pretty well. I only remember one fat shot, and that was on 18, with a new-to-me wedge that I was putting in play for the first time, so I'm not even going to blame the turf.

My league round last night was WET. We got rained on for a hole and a half, but the course was already saturated from the last two days. Splash your shins while walking down the fairway wet. Oddly enough, I still hit the ball pretty well. I only remember one fat shot, and that was on 18, with a new-to-me wedge that I was putting in play for the first time, so I'm not even going to blame the turf.
Nice! glad to see you're striking well(I knew you had it in you!)

Hoping I can finally get out with my league tomorrow at Timber Ridge. Rain isn't supposed to show up until noon or so, I will be home on the couch by then.

Couldn't pass up the rates at Ravenwood on GolfNow, playing at 7am tomorrow with my buddy for $40!

Leaving for Saratoga now, should be there around ten

Good luck and best wishes to Aaron on the new job and move to Indy this weekend. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say we'll miss him on the course, especially the thruway tour. See you at the OC if not before.

Good luck and best wishes to Aaron on the new job and move to Indy this weekend. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say we'll miss him on the course, especially the thruway tour. See you at the OC if not before.
Didn't know he was leaving so soon! I guess that's why he didn't get back to me about playing Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back