Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleveland Altitude Irons 4 - PW & DW Time for the ole guy with the sore knees to get some attitude with some altitudes :bomb:

Thinking about removing a club and putting a 60* in the bag. I don't want a gap in yardage, but I'd like my pitches to stop rolling out when the flag is on the front. Maybe sacrifice the 3 iron or 5 wood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible compared to whats out right now.

So would I be correct in assuming the Kick Butt (which is essentially a Bushnell V2 or V3 without Jolt) is a better buy?

So would I be correct in assuming the Kick Butt (which is essentially a Bushnell V2 or V3 without Jolt) is a better buy?

Big time. I've held the kickbutt side by side with the bushnell and you couldn't tell any difference in quality. Readings were just as fast and every bit as accurate

Big time. I've held the kickbutt side by side with the bushnell and you couldn't tell any difference in quality. Readings were just as fast and every bit as accurate

Man, we must have held different units.
To me it would be like saying The Big Bertha and Big Brother were the same years ago. Sure look the same, but they are quite different in use. I found the kickbutt much harder to pinpoint, readings were accurate when it worked, but not nearly as fast as Bushnell.

Just going based on my experience. Maybe I got an abnormally good unit

Hmm interesting. Maybe it's not better than the Bushnell, but would it be safe to say it's better than that Laser Link thing?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Hmm interesting. Maybe it's not better than the Bushnell, but would it be safe to say it's better than that Laser Link thing?

Not sure. Fly by night company, or product that is average at best. Tough call. Personally if money was tight I would get neither and wait for when I could get the one I wanted. But its not me, and I try not to tell people how to spend their money (except on good burgers, that is a must). :D

Not sure. Fly by night company, or product that is average at best. Tough call. Personally if money was tight I would get neither and wait for when I could get the one I wanted. But its not me, and I try not to tell people how to spend their money (except on good burgers, that is a must). :D

100% agree on the burgers :D

It's not so much that money is tight, as that I am cheap lol. Maybe I'll have to take a little time and look around for a V2, gauge the prices and see what the spread is. But I have to admit, both Bullitt and jlukes' thoughts have been pretty overwhelmingly positive on the Kick Butt.

Stop talking about that burger I am trying to eat good now lol.

I agree wait and get what you really want.

100% agree on the burgers :D

It's not so much that money is tight, as that I am cheap lol. Maybe I'll have to take a little time and look around for a V2, gauge the prices and see what the spread is. But I have to admit, both Bullitt and jlukes' thoughts have been pretty overwhelmingly positive on the Kick Butt.

Then I would take their advice and run with it.

Stop talking about that burger I am trying to eat good now lol.

You definitely don't want a Championsgate burger, you definitely don't want a Championsgate burger...oh sorry, is that not working? My bad :alien:

You definitely don't want a Championsgate burger, you definitely don't want a Championsgate burger...oh sorry, is that not working? My bad :alien:

Dang it, you are the devil little brother.
As to range finders I have Leopold gx1 and live it bet you could find one cheap on eBay

As to range finders I have Leopold gx1 and live it bet you could find one cheap on eBay

Hahahaha couldn't resist :act-up:

I'll have to take a look at that one, thanks Shane. Sounds like I have lots of good options at least.

I have no stock in this conversation whatsoever, but I just couldn't help myself.

I think you do whatever you want. If you want to save some coin just remember that you get what you pay for. I have a Bushnell and I absolutely love it. I haven't tried either of the ones you have mentioned so I can't tell you which is better. Just do what you would like and dont second guess yourself, you can't go wrong.

Based on my discussion with the owner of Kick Butt and followup research online, the Kick Butt is made by the same company that makes Leupold. They also make high quality rifle and hunting scopes

Based on my discussion with the owner of Kick Butt and followup research online, the Kick Butt is made by the same company that makes Leupold. They also make high quality rifle and hunting scopes

Then it must be a sweet device :)

If I did not have Leopold I would be checking the kick butt out

If I did not have Leopold I would be checking the kick butt out

Coming from an expert kick butt kind of guy :D

Seriously true, I can attest to this after the morning round Saturday... :beat-up:

Thanks for all the input guys, and for helping me talk through my indecision haha. There's a reason my avatar tag says Pro Ponderer instead of Pro Buyer hahaha

Seriously true, I can attest to this after the morning round Saturday... :beat-up:

Thanks for all the input guys, and for helping me talk through my indecision haha. There's a reason my avatar tag says Pro Ponderer instead of Pro Buyer hahaha

I am the same way Ryan, I have to have help talking myself into buying something, except for the Alex's that trigger was pulled the minute I got home

To be fair, once one knows a bit about the factory lot over there, that means very little. Leupold has patents just like Bushnell does on a variety of products. Just because the same factory makes them has no real bearing on the product. I can order quite a bit from the factories we have worked with, including apparel, golf clubs, luggage, etc. It does not mean that they are the same as those name brand products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back